We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mixing Solvents? Chem Noob Options

Oncewas
#1 Posted : 12/8/2009 6:35:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay so I remember reading about how you can mix certain solvents to alter the XLogP so that the solvent then collectively is more adequate for pulling certain compounds in an extraction. Cool beans, but I don't understand how they mix, or which ones can mix.

The main hypothetical question is this:
1. Are limonene and naptha soluble/mixable/miscable?

Cuz if you could lower naptha's XLogP then it could pull jungle. You're prolly thinking, why the hell would you mix limonene with naptha instead of just using them alone?

Well products like ReaLime and ReaLemon contain limonene or other fruit terpenes. ReaLime for example contains Lime Oil, and other varieties of fun lime things. Same goes for lemon, but with lemon oils, etc.

IN THEORY:
The benefit of possibly doing this would be you could do a naptha pull on the ReaLime/ReaLemon and soak up the lemonine changing the XLogP to pull jungle and the class dmt. Then after decanting/sep funneling the naptha layer from the aques layer(lemon juice), you could use the lemon juice for an acid wash/soak/simmer for an A/B. Then using your naptha/limonene pull jungle from it.

So tell me if I am misunderstanding this or not. I have already tried putting naptha(5ml) on top of ReaLime(30ml) and it really looks a lot more yellowy limey. Though it could just be sucking up all the fats from the Lime Juice Concentrate(also in ReaLime).

Just thinking outside of the box a little bit.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

benzyme
#2 Posted : 12/8/2009 9:31:17 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yes, they are likely miscible
RealLemon is probably mostly polars, water and citric acid

but those should easily separate from the nonpolars. definitely worth experimenting with
Cool
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Oncewas
#3 Posted : 12/8/2009 10:46:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Shwing. One of my crazy ideas just might work out. Fun fun fun.
Thanks benz