We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT teaches us about the fractal nature of the universe Options

JCRG
#1 Posted : 3/8/2019 11:01:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

First A/B extraction results. I freeze precip'd, then melt and let it slowly dry on one of my watch glasses.

It smells like honey and mothballs.
JCRG attached the following image(s):
DMT on watch glass.jpg (4,765kb) downloaded 179 time(s).
People aren't guilty how they are, but are eventually responsible.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 3/8/2019 2:33:25 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

The title: You rockn it, you checkn it, you swinging it.
The pull: You really rockn it, really checkn it.Big grin
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

JCRG
#3 Posted : 3/13/2019 8:14:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FranLover wrote:
The title: You rockn it, you checkn it, you swinging it.
The pull: You really rockn it, really checkn it.Big grin

Thank you! It's certainly a nice thing to appreciate, how everything is a huge fractal.

And sorry for the late reply, I got caught up with school, I am actually close to running this through an HPLC-MS to asses purity.

Best regards.

Hotspur922
#4 Posted : 3/13/2019 2:50:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow that is beautiful, may I ask you technique?

JCRG
#5 Posted : 3/13/2019 11:27:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hotspur922 wrote:
wow that is beautiful, may I ask you technique?

Thanks, and sure!

I did three acid boils with a pH 2 citric acid solution, filtered, pooled the solutions, reduce to a workable amount and increase the pH to 13.5 with NaOH. Next I warmed the alkaline solution and pulled three times with n-Heptane, and freeze precipitated.

Further cleaning was done by scraping the crystals and doing a mini a/b, salting with HCl, storing the heptane (for later cleaning). I then freebased with a saturated CaCO3 solution, warmed the solution to about 33°C, and added a little amount of n-Pentane and shook vigorously.

Finally, I distilled the n-Pentane at 37°C, the liquid N,N-DMT freebase in my round flask was mixed with a little EtOH, and that's what I put on my watch glass and left to evaporate.

It was honestly quite fun and rewarding!

Hotspur922
#6 Posted : 3/14/2019 1:26:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I need to start reading up on the process and really pay attention, a good bit of that I'm like Wut?

I'm well capable but need to study up on the chem.

was there a particular guide you used your first time around or the basic google guide?

f1
#7 Posted : 3/15/2019 7:52:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful! Thumbs up
In the dance of astral hyperspace, we learn, grow, and connect. Here's to our shared journey through the cosmic tapestry! ✨🌌

IIYI
#8 Posted : 3/15/2019 5:25:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's incredibly beautiful Multidimensional Fractals Crystal. Love Thank you for sharing it to us. Thumbs up
Please, when you make the trip, tell us how it was on force.
You have done well, and that motivates me to read more about chemistry and extractions. Thank you for the motivation.

Be well,

IIYI
Phylogeny repeats Ontogeny - IIYI