We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
is it de-fat in strange way? Options

Fractalus
#1 Posted : 3/7/2019 6:36:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in the spice extract, if one would extract with dcm and salt it with vinegar, then base it and pull with naptha, it can be a dafat prosses and result in cleaner spice?? or have any benefits?
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#2 Posted : 3/7/2019 7:58:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

You could, but DCM is not very forgiving on the body. I'd consider safety as a factor, and unless you have the right stuff to work with DCM, it may be best not to. If you have the safety part down, sure.

But, it's essentially the same thing as a FASA approach. You can precipitate the fumarate directly from naphtha.

You could also use vinegar to extract from naphtha. or citric, or.... lots of acids.

Take care,
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Fractalus
#3 Posted : 3/7/2019 9:12:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

About the safty, the researchs only discover change in the spice only when they let the DCM sit with the spice long time, if i extract it in half an hour its should be fine.

I have sep funnel, and when i can afford distilation setup ill buy it Smile
is one needs anyother stuff to deal with DCM?

The reason i choose vinegar is because its common, and mmm..the only thing that dont mix with DCM is water, so is it even possible to FASA on DCM?

And if one will extract first with DCM and later extract with heptane it should yield of only Dmt an other alkaloids separeted?

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

blue.magic
#4 Posted : 3/8/2019 5:42:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fractalus wrote:
The reason i choose vinegar is because its common, and mmm..the only thing that dont mix with DCM is water, so is it even possible to FASA on DCM?

And if one will extract first with DCM and later extract with heptane it should yield of only Dmt an other alkaloids separeted?

I don't think backsalting would work for two reasons:

- DCM is too polar, it dissolves DMT salts
- DCM is slightly miscible with water and will contaminate it

You can use it, I did in the past, but there is a chance of solvent cross contamination and you have to take care of boiling off DCM before running an extraction.

Of course, it is possible to extract with DCM, but it has a tendency to form emulsions in basic environment.

I would stick with heptane solvents for both de-fatting and extraction.

For backsalting, people have good experience with aromatics (toluene, xylene). Toluene or xylene are however bad de-fatting solvents because they pull the salt too, they are still more polar than aliphatics.

The good thing about DCM is its non-flammability, but it unless you have very good ventilation or a fume hood, you can't avoid breathing that. Depending on how often you plan to use it, I would consider switching to safer solvents.

DCM penetrates all kinds of gloves, and it will get through a standard nitrile glove in seconds.

Th Entity
#5 Posted : 3/8/2019 6:45:31 AM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Quote:
I would stick with heptane solvents for both de-fatting and extraction.

Heptane for extraction and re-x is fine im not sure however for de-fatting, do you have personal experience with it (to deffat)? I have open thread called "Quiz for the chemists" and there i explain that i dont have access to naptha and the only naptha that evaps clearly and its available to me is mostly pentane which is not very suitable for pulls/extraction due to low boiling point, Im going to use heptane for pulls/extraction and re-x however im not sure what to use for defatt, maybe cyclohexane, chlorofrom? something very non polar?

I agree what blue.magic said about DCM.

Fractalus
#6 Posted : 3/10/2019 7:09:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So blue.magic from what you said there is no way to work with DCM unless you rotovap/distill it cause otherwise even if you salt it, not all the DMT is gonna go to the vinegar..thank you for that information!

is that apply to mescalin extraction also?

and xylen is awsome in pulls but not everyone can allow themself to work with it...its stinks alot..
and if ones pour it, even just faw drops, to sawage it can stink the neighber house so yeah dont do that...

and heptane for pulls its depende on the bark you working with, if its acrb its not gonna pull the NMT

blue.magic
#7 Posted : 3/12/2019 12:00:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I worked with DCM for DMT extraction few times, the yield was good but haven't had quantitative comparison at that time so cannot tell. I saw tek where one man used DCM without issues and had very good yield. So the loss by dissolution is probably minor.

Yes you can extract mescaline base in DCM and backsalt it to aqueous. More information here.

I see. If the smell is a concern, I cannot think of many other solvents that can be used and are relatively safe. Even with DCM though, I would use a gas mask and good ventilation.

Camponotus
#8 Posted : 3/15/2019 12:03:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if you have the equipment dcm is an often used solvent for extractions, but keep in mind how naughty this stuff is!

you would have to use a special kind of gasmaskfilter for gases/solvents with a low boiling point! check this out!

If you are more like doin extractions in the kitchen or the garage Big grin I wouldn't do it that way, but if you have an above mentioned gasmask and could provide much ventilation and stuff why not... I would do heptane pulls first and DCM afterwards to seperate everything and don't mess up your stuff! DCM pulls a lot of stuff and has great ability for full spectrum extraction etc. but you have to know what you wanna pull and how to process afterwards! other solvents/further purification...

By the way it will really mess up everything if have to much air contact w/o ventilation! It can slip under your mask will cling to your clothes and walls, it's a super duper chemical overkill solvent!
Which is the best for defatting but hot naphta/heptane defats do their work nearly fine as well and do suffice alternatively if you re_x afterwards!
It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin