We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Help requested to explain recent visions Options

stardust2061
#1 Posted : 3/13/2019 12:26:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, I just joined. In the last year I have been having some strange visions whilst laying in bed. I was not asleep but fully conscious, it is I believe what is known as a sub-dmt threshold experience. I did not take anything. I have never taken dmt but I feel that eventually I want to experience it in the amazon. My visions lasted for seconds or minutes each. I close my eyes and I can see complex geometry similar to phosphenes, but sometimes there is structures in their too. But one time I saw a Buddha, all pink as large as the empire state building, it was asleep, its eyes closed and still like a statue, but I knew it was alive. I was floating above it like a cloud looking down on it. In another vision I just saw a large serprent curled up, but then as I focussed on it, its head and tail vanished and only the body remained. In another I saw a spaceship in space, but swimming like a manta-ray fish, and off to the left of it was a large serpent swimming among a molecular cloud. I have had many powerful dreams in my life but nothing like this. They started in the last year.
Note also that for several years I have been under treatment for increased prolatic levels in my pituitary gland, and from reading the book by Rick Strassman increased dmt in the pineal gland can lead to increased hormones in the pituary gland like prolactin.
I feel very strongly that I have made contact with a higher intelligence, but that it is very subtle, not like the full dmt experiences I have read about from some of you guys or Terrence McKenna. But something very strange is happening and in one of my visions I felt that an entity had violated my mind and joined me, watching me through the spyglass of a hotel room.
If anyone has any insights into what is going on here I woudl be very glad to hear them. I a m a very sane, rational person of high intelligence, education and reason. I know that these experiences are special, but there are very few I can talk to them about. Please help me understadn this. Thank you all.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DmnStr8
#2 Posted : 3/13/2019 1:30:03 AM

Come what may

As I read your post, the first thought that popped in my head was shamanic journey. I have practiced shamanic journey as a hobby of sorts for a few years. It popped in my head because of the similarity to what you have described.

Shamanic journey is about going into a trance. You allow your mind to be carried away. Allow your imagination to get carried away. You don't interfere with it. You allow your imagination to create it and experience it as if it were real. It is all about observing and being present.

You can play games with shamanic journey. Try and find something lost, I never have, but have tried because I thought it would be fun. You can try and meet your spirit animal or spirit guide. You can try and find lost pieces of yourself. I think you get what you put into it. Research it if you like. I think it's interesting and enjoyable!

Shamanic journey also has some tools that are supposed to help with your journey. You have to learn to protect yourself before you journey. You set up your mind to be powerful and strong before you set out. Ceremony is important. You can create your own ceremony any way you see fit. I find these tools have also helped with psychedelics and meditation. Tools. Just more tools.

I think it would be helpful for you to find some tools. Meditation could help. I am a proponent of psychedelics in general as I see them as tools, however, it is a highly personal choice to use them or not. Try shamanic journey.

Get into touch with these visions. Explore them and find out what they mean to you. Only you can say for certain but I think the only way to do that is to explore it all in detail, as long as it does not cause you discomfort.

Ghandi said, "I will not let anyone walk through my mind with dirty feet."

If something is trying to get into your mind, do not allow it to get into your mind. Some entity tries getting into my mind and it would be laughed at and booted to the curb. You could even imagine doing as much to be honest. Just don't allow thoughts in your mind that do not serve you. Easier said than done I am sure but there it is.

Hope everything works out for you! I have no clue if this is helpful for your situation or not. Good luck!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

k.neo
#3 Posted : 3/13/2019 1:37:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi.
What is your religious background and or current belief system.
While I haven't hit the hyperspace yet, only mild visual artifacts like watching wallpaper "breathe" or patterns on surfaces drift, accompanied by the general feeling of pressure on my entire skin, I am not trying out DMT to chase visions but to try the non attachment state. I am not trying to hijack your trip report, just to establish some background. My current set of believes is basically "non dualism" so from that point of view I can only comment on the
Quote:
felt that an entity had violated my mind and joined me
and that pretty much sounds like the actual content of your mind and its effect on you.
You see, in non dualism, the mind simply is and needs no content, but the content of the mind, being limited, actually attacks your mind by dividing it and that is the source of the pain.

absorcus
#4 Posted : 3/13/2019 5:11:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Other people give you lots of opinions, but... what do you think the experiences mean?

During the experience, how do you feel emotionally? And what about afterwards?

BundleflowerPower
#5 Posted : 3/13/2019 11:22:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe the entity has something to do with trauma. During my healing process I’ve noticed the tendency in me to deflect from seeing the trauma in myself. It would seem as if it was someone from without attacking me.

AcaciaConfusedYah
#6 Posted : 3/14/2019 4:46:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Shamanic journey, eh? Sounds like what I used to do instead of paying attention during grade school as a kid.... LOL. Mind you, the games that I played in my mind were generally totally generated off of other ideas. I'd see something interesting and incorporate it into the "game." That's how I used to fall asleep as a kid (and occasionally still do.) I'd never called it a shamanic journey. They just called it day-dreaming. I guess there isn't much difference. With age, I decided to see how this "day-dreaming" worked when applied with sincere intent. Odd world. LOL.

What was it about the "entity violation" that made you feel uncomfortable? If it was just looking, then does that impact anything negatively? Have you ever asked "the universe" or whatever you feel is the thing that results in this thing to give you some answers? If so, would this be a form of answer? Have you ever wanted to look through someone else's eyes?

If you have a sane mind, a negative "entity" might make you feel insane. If you have an insane mind, then the negative entities will haul ass. I make sure that I am plenty insane as to keep those rascally "negative entities" away. Laughing Laughing

Take care!
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

DmnStr8
#7 Posted : 3/14/2019 4:59:28 PM

Come what may

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:
Shamanic journey, eh? Sounds like what I used to do instead of paying attention during grade school as a kid.... LOL. Mind you, the games that I played in my mind were generally totally generated off of other ideas. I'd see something interesting and incorporate it into the "game." That's how I used to fall asleep as a kid (and occasionally still do.) I'd never called it a shamanic journey. They just called it day-dreaming. I guess there isn't much difference. With age, I decided to see how this "day-dreaming" worked when applied with sincere intent. Odd world. LOL.

What was it about the "entity violation" that made you feel uncomfortable? If it was just looking, then does that impact anything negatively? Have you ever asked "the universe" or whatever you feel is the thing that results in this thing to give you some answers? If so, would this be a form of answer? Have you ever wanted to look through someone else's eyes?

If you have a sane mind, a negative "entity" might make you feel insane. If you have an insane mind, then the negative entities will haul ass. I make sure that I am plenty insane as to keep those rascally "negative entities" away. Laughing Laughing

Take care!
ACY

Yes.. very much like daydreaming.. with subtle differences.. all for fun.

I found that meditation offered a place for the mind to be quiet. Sometimes I feel like meditation is a practice in dying. On the other end of this is creative thinking, shamanic journey or daydreaming. Allowing the mind to create and expand in any direction it chooses. One empties and the other fills. It's like breathing. In and out. Both of these practices have helped me a lot.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda