We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sara glatt charged with manslaughter. Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 3/13/2019 12:12:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know that some people are interested in this case, so that's why i'm posting this.

Iboga healer Sara Glatt has been charged with manslaughter yesterday. This could result in a ten year sentence.

This is about a second death as the result of iboga intake under her supervision, though she denies having administered iboga herself to the deceased, who was struggling with a methadone addiction.

The verdict is expected on 10-04 this year.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#2 Posted : 3/13/2019 5:59:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Can't find anything about this. Can you post a current link?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

RhythmSpring
#3 Posted : 3/13/2019 6:19:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is what I've seen:

https://www.change.org/p...Ai1RpsZR5it5Q4EmKu4lVv6U

She treated Dmitri Mugianis, a prominent iboga/ibogaine activist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01zpMjU6pF8

More videos of her on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/...h_query=sara+glatt+iboga

Dragonrider, is that October 4 or April 10? Dunno if you're speaking European or American with those date orders.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

dragonrider
#4 Posted : 3/14/2019 9:06:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, the most recent news i've read on dutch newssites so i don't suppose that would be very helpfull to most of us.

The verdict is expected in april.

There has been a previous case. I think that is why the DA is acting somewhat like an unleashed rottweiler.

The previous case is also a bit weird. The accusation was that she left a guy who had taken a flood dose of iboga, alone in his hotelroom. The guy, later that night, was hit by a car when he was walking on a busy motorway.

Now i know that hotel and the motorway next to it, and you do not easily get on that motorway by foot.

She was accused and convicted for basically let that guy wander around in a state of iboga intoxication, but it is just as likely that he committed suicide after the effects of the iboga had worn of.

So because of that previous conviction, it doesn't look good for her at all.

In the media she is being framed as a sort of snake-oil vendor. She has even be called a witch or witchdoctor.

RhythmSpring
#5 Posted : 3/14/2019 2:44:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

She needs people who speak both iboga and legalese. This is not going to be easy.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Ulim
#6 Posted : 3/14/2019 7:32:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Confused Tbh i find her to be responsible here. Having someone die while you administered him with a powerful drug is just something that should not happen in any way. She didnt care properly for her "patients" while you can argue about wether or not it was suicide she still did take part in the whole process still giving her some fault. (Just like talking someone into commiting suicide is punishable)
For case 1

For case 2 i dont know. That petition isnt really a good source of info here since it clearly sides with her and is not being very rational.

Whatever she did i dont have all the information but my opinion above still stands. If you give someone drugs and they die during the inluence you are at fault. Just like how you are at fault if you let someone drive drunk.

dragonrider
#7 Posted : 3/14/2019 8:29:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ulim wrote:
Confused Tbh i find her to be responsible here. Having someone die while you administered him with a powerful drug is just something that should not happen in any way. She didnt care properly for her "patients" while you can argue about wether or not it was suicide she still did take part in the whole process still giving her some fault. (Just like talking someone into commiting suicide is punishable)
For case 1

For case 2 i dont know. That petition isnt really a good source of info here since it clearly sides with her and is not being very rational.

Whatever she did i dont have all the information but my opinion above still stands. If you give someone drugs and they die during the inluence you are at fault. Just like how you are at fault if you let someone drive drunk.

I do agree with you on that.

And this will definately affect the outcome of the current trial.

-If she will be found guilty, her sentence will be a lot heavier.
-The credibility of her testimony is more likely to be questioned.
-There will be greater focus on her personal role in the death of the swedish girl. She is much more likely to be found guilty of gross negligence.

Unfortunately for the relatives and loved ones of the latest victim, both the DA and glatt have reasons now, not to be completely open about what happened.

The DA because he wants the highest sentence possible, and Glatt because she could get ten years.

Jees
#8 Posted : 3/14/2019 10:55:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

IIRC for case1:
the man had an aggressive stance to leave the iboga premises while intoxicated and the iboga-team were unable to restrain him physically to stay, so they had to let him go as he promised to go to the hotel. He went to that hotel as he said he would do, then fairly later wandered and got that car hit.

I've read about an ayahuasca ceremony where someone flipped and became physical and in rage. People had to forcefully hold him down because he wanted to hurt someone. They sat on him to restrain him with a fighting force and brute power, and it worked. Later, the man didn't remember the whole act. It was a rather peaceful guy otherwise.

Organisers should be ready to deal with such a vigour outbursts of physical challenge because turning people's souls inside out is not counting flowers. Even if chances are very low for a physical outburst, 1 is enough for big trouble.

null24
#9 Posted : 3/15/2019 6:20:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Thanks, knew about her previous troubles but can't find any (English language) news on the new ones.

I'm not quick to support providers, for what that's worth, but she seems to have been railroaded in the first case. Can't really comment on case 2 but i certainly hope she wasn't negligent and court findings reflect that.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Cactus Man
#10 Posted : 4/20/2019 12:59:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Iboga is something that needs to be handled very seriously and professionally, taking it in combination with other chemicals, in improper doses, or under improper circumstances can lead to people getting hurt or less often killed.

Sad to hear this happened, the same thing occurs every so often with ayahuasca.