We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ordering supplies Options

Steyr
#1 Posted : 12/8/2009 7:14:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is wondering if it's safe to have mimosa, ph strips, and zinc delivered to SWIM's place of residence?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

bluecurry
#2 Posted : 12/8/2009 8:07:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

a friend of a friend ordered mimosa, sodium hydroxide, zinc and other various items not related to jurema to his household within a few weeks of each other. Nothing ever happened.

Unless you're ordering chemicals it's usually nothing to worry about. If you do decide to order chemicals, I would suggest checking out citywide data (based on where you live) as far as clandestine labs are concerned. If you live in an area that has had lots of clandestine lab busts, chances are the postal services are on the up-and-up and any ORM-D shipped items might get flagged.

none of what you're ordering is watched so nothing to worry about.

w0mbat
#3 Posted : 12/8/2009 4:27:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

NaOH is the biggest red flag. I would do everything possible, including changing your tek, to not order this. As for the other things, you'll probably be OK. AFAIK, no one has ever gotten in trouble for ordering mimosa, and pH strips & zinc are perfectly innocuous on their own.

SWIM has paranoid fantasies in which future government agencies data-mine everyone's credit card activity, and come up with a number that reflects the probability that they are engaging in something verboten; and if this number is higher than a certain threshold value, then they can get a search warrant. But until that day I think our foaf's will be alright.

Nevertheless SWIY might want to look into an anonymous prepaid credit card if he/she is still nervous.
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer