We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Research results, variety of plant sources Options

SpaceTraveller
#1 Posted : 3/11/2019 10:15:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings fellow Nexians,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Over the course of the last few months, guided mostly by Cyb's hybrid a/b salt tek I have completed successful experiments on:

- Mimosa Hostilis - 50g of root bark yielded 250mg crystal 250mg goo from 4 pulls of Naphtha freeze precipitated, and a further 100mg of red goo from limonene pull
- Acacia Acuminata (narrow phyllode, and typical, bark, and narrow phyllode root bark) - results 1%+ using naphtha for bark (5g goo from 500g bark), due to a spill incident full potential of root bark was not exhausted, 500mg from 2 pulls of naphtha with 100g root bark.
- Acacia Confusa - 30g of bark yielded 500mg of dark brown evil smelling goo, which, when loaded into a glass pipe was liable to make you trip hard, want to throw up, and quit smoking forever. Backsalting yielded a more desirable product.

And finally the coup de gras... I ate some golden teachers one day about 2 weeks ago around the 1st of March in Western Sydney and went for a walk in the reserve using my mushroom senses to guide me to a tree to find some DMT.

I walked in a dreamy daze towards an unknown local Acacia tree with smooth green bark that I had seen many times before, thinking it did not have the thickness of bark one would need for an extraction. I knew that this was the time of year that alkaloids ought to be highest in any DMT bearing acacias, and seeing again this young tree It struck me when I saw it that of course it's older parent must be not far from it... So I spoke to it and asked it where it's mum was..., I followed the pathway a little bit and stepped over a guard rail and lo and behold, a mighty tree stood before me.

It was large, it's trunk and bark was thick and it's foliage was distinctively similar to the younger one I had passed by so many times. It exuded deep thick resinous gum from the trunk. I used some large shears which I had brought with me to cut a single branch about 50cm long from the lower edge of the tree (It was already half broken so I did it a favour pruning it cleanly), dropped some blood and bone fertiliser as an offering to the tree's spirit, and took the branch home for debarking.

This left me with 35g of bark which sun-dried over 3 days to 25g of bark, and from this I was consequently successful in sourcing 50mg of small yellow fluffy crystals and 50mg of goo! over 3 naphtha pulls, evaporated no freeze precipitation - subsequently confirmed by bunk police tlc and hofmann reagent Very happy (photo attached)

I write this post immediately after my success, with 40mg of crystals loaded into my glass pipe (also photo attached Very happy), are there any objections as to why I should not go ahead and test this bad boy out?

I will try to get a photo of the tree and samples of foliage to confirm species tomorrow Very happy Very happy Very happy
SpaceTraveller attached the following image(s):
Photo on 11-03-19 at 9.16 PM.jpg (294kb) downloaded 98 time(s).
Photo on 11-03-19 at 9.19 PM.jpg (166kb) downloaded 98 time(s).
http://penelope.uchicago.../moralia/isis_and_osiris*/a.html

It is a fact, Clea, that having a beard and wearing a coarse cloak does not make philosophers, nor does dressing in linen and shaving the hair make votaries of Isis; but the true votary of Isis is he who, when he has legitimately received what is set forth in the ceremonies connected with these gods, uses reason in investigating and in studying the truth contained therein.

Plutarch - On Isis and Osiris

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

SpaceTraveller
#2 Posted : 3/11/2019 10:27:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can't really see in the photo but there is also the characteristic second dot below the one tested with hoffman/mecke which shows the presence of NMT, and also a distinct third alkaloid high above the other two.

It is a fact, Clea, that having a beard and wearing a coarse cloak does not make philosophers, nor does dressing in linen and shaving the hair make votaries of Isis; but the true votary of Isis is he who, when he has legitimately received what is set forth in the ceremonies connected with these gods, uses reason in investigating and in studying the truth contained therein.

SpaceTraveller
#3 Posted : 3/11/2019 10:38:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I went ahead and bioassayed anyway. The red/yellow goo that came out of that...rough. Would not smoke again.

The 40mg of small yellow crystals...threshhold effects from 3 pulls on a glass pipe. Went down smooth. Colours became more vivid and spacial awareness change, light visual distortions with eyes closed. Large dose required.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 3/11/2019 3:06:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing your results (and for taking care of the tree!) ! Awesome to see people using TLC Smile

By the way, did the third non-dmt/nmt spot react with any reagent?

Also, do you have any pics of the tree? Maybe others can help identify it.

SpaceTraveller
#5 Posted : 3/12/2019 5:48:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmmm I didn't test the nmt or third spot, which reagents would you advise? Photos are about 5 hours away! Will re do the tlc test with better photo. Stay tuned!

SpaceTraveller
#6 Posted : 3/12/2019 8:17:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

*deleted double post*

SpaceTraveller
#7 Posted : 3/12/2019 8:18:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OP delivers! Attached are: older tree trunk, older tree foliage, younger tree wide shot, younger tree foliage, and another 3rd tree's seed pods - 99% certain all trees are same species.
IMG_20190312_190811.jpg (4,077kb) downloaded 71 time(s).
IMG_20190312_190603.jpg (6,081kb) downloaded 70 time(s).
IMG_20190312_190411.jpg (4,689kb) downloaded 70 time(s).
IMG_20190312_190338.jpg (4,576kb) downloaded 70 time(s).
IMG_20190312_190307.jpg (7,163kb) downloaded 70 time(s).
1552379313238126402229.jpg (3,643kb) downloaded 69 time(s).
15523793921321839578135.jpg (4,356kb) downloaded 70 time(s).

SpaceTraveller
#8 Posted : 3/12/2019 8:45:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The testing card for TLC looks like a mess the day after but you can clearly see where the marks were Smile may be too late to reagent test this card but still have a vial of the sample which can be used for testing if someone wants to suggest some tests to run.

I have run the following details through the wattles of Australia app (everyone really needs that app) and have come up with 3 likely candidates based on the following info:
- bipinnate leaves
- 11 sets of pinnae
- 61mm pinnae length
- NSW botanical region central coast

I haven't seen the flowers so have no more info to narrow it down...my 3 candidates are:

Acacia decurrens
Acacia filicifolia
Acacia fulva

Can anyone help ID please?

SpaceTraveller
#9 Posted : 3/12/2019 10:35:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

TLC comparison left to right: mystery acacia goo/fluff, DMT crystallised from mimosa hostilis root bark, DMT crystallised from acuminata root bark
IMG_20190312_213302.jpg (3,779kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
15523871754331252433224.jpg (3,412kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
15523874012951715863740.jpg (3,524kb) downloaded 58 time(s).

SpaceTraveller
#10 Posted : 3/12/2019 12:00:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Final picture, on the new card there is acacia confusa on the left and acacia acuminata goo from bark, both show presence of nmt. In every substance I have tested that has not been a pure white crystal, nmt has shown up!
IMG_20190312_225718.jpg (3,641kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
IMG_20190312_225429.jpg (5,202kb) downloaded 56 time(s).

wira
#11 Posted : 10/13/2019 4:26:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's pretty hard to identify from those photos even with the info you provided - very blurry. Certainly bipinnate wattles are hard to take good photos of if there's any breeze. A good thing to do is to press a specimen in a scanner and get a high-res scan if possible. Can you describe the positioning of the glands?
The only one of those three species I'm familiar with first hand is decurrens, and the leaflets on that species are usually very thin - almost cyclindrical - so you notice more of a space between leaflets. I'm guessing against fulva because it's leaflets are more lanceolate and broad, and from your photos that doesn't seem to match - but again, it's hard to tell without a clearer image.

When you said smoking the goo was 'rough', did it have any effect? Were the effects rough, or the smoking experience rough on the lungs?