We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
goings on in the amazon Options

shoe
#1 Posted : 12/8/2009 1:25:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

as I have recently written a letter to the president of brazil
regarding the yanomami tribe an the amazon,
I am fairly interested in what is going on in that part of the world.

not least to save our precious b. caapi, but also the ayahuasca
using cultures, AND the hundreds of thousands of rainforest species,
identified and unidentified.

So I was surprised when I found this, accidentally:
clickyShocked
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 12/8/2009 1:47:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It was interesting that link as it reminded me of a tale I heard when reading up on kambo frog medicine, regarding the Matses tribe in particular...

"I was easily sold on the idea: so, hoping they would make contact, we hiked three days into the jungle and made a camp. Two days later, a young Matses hunter carrying a bow and arrows, his mouth tattooed and his face adorned with what looked like cat whiskers, came into our camp and borrowed our gun.

When he returned later in the day, he was carrying two large wounded monkeys in palm-leaf baskets he carried from his forehead with templines. Clinging to his hair was a baby monkey the offspring of one of the adults. The hunter returned our gun, left one of the monkeys, and then disappeared into to forest. We followed him back to his camp and watched from a distance as he gave the remaining adult to a women who began to roast it over an open fire, oblivious to its cries. The baby monkey he brought to a young woman who was nursing a child of her own. Without hesitation, she took the monkey and allowed it to nurse at her free breast.

Those dual images represented a combination of cruelty and compassion I'd never imagined and taught me more about the reality of the jungle than anything I had previously experienced. More than that, those images compelled me to return to the Matses again and again."

Taken from http://www.erowid.org/cu...man_peter_article2.shtml

shoe
#3 Posted : 12/8/2009 2:00:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah, very interesting isn't it!

btw, I love your frog. I plan to buy some soon, and keep them in the terranium. Obviously not that one, thats the self-waxing guy.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!