We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Caapi losing leaves Options

FranLover
#1 Posted : 3/9/2019 3:12:17 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

My Caapi plant lost 2 leaves today straight from the internode, as well as one yesterday.
Advice? Solutions? For example, can repotting solve this? Light and watering is good and a week ago I cleansed it of little white insects and the leaves are spotless now.
FranLover attached the following image(s):
20190308_221543.jpg (3,909kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
20190308_221612.jpg (3,662kb) downloaded 58 time(s).
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence โ—‹ Shiva โ—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving โ™กSee the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.โ™ก
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 3/9/2019 4:27:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Your soil looks too dry..what is the ambient humidity/temps? light? soil pH? Caapi likes really poor soils afaik like most rainforest plants from the tropics. Those photos look to me like that plant wants more humidity, and not at the expense of stale air. No plants were here to be house plants, so you gotta view them as plants on life support.

side note..leaves attach at the node, where the bundle scars will be..you can probly look and see the
vascular tissues in there where the leaf attached. The internode is the space between nodes.
Long live the unwoke.

FranLover
#3 Posted : 3/9/2019 12:06:51 PM

jamie wrote:
Your soil looks too dry..what is the ambient humidity/temps? light? soil pH? Caapi likes really poor soils afaik like most rainforest plants from the tropics. Those photos look to me like that plant wants more humidity, and not at the expense of stale air. No plants were here to be house plants, so you gotta view them as plants on life support.

side note..leaves attach at the node, where the bundle scars will be..you can probly look and see the
vascular tissues in there where the leaf attached. The internode is the space between nodes.

Oh, I get it! Basically I have been calling a node an internode all this time and everyone has gently corrected me and I was thinking they were wrong (or saying node as short for internode) Laughing

Soil is dry because pic was taken at night time. No idea on Ph levels. Humidity good, there is coincidentally a humidifer close to the plant, and I mist, and we live in FL.

I am gonna move it outside.
Sometimes (frost dates and days like yesterday and the day before) actually make outside less homley then my home, hence why my baby sleeps inside, but it is shedding leaves so something (or many things) I am not doing right.
I,ll update.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence โ—‹ Shiva โ—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving โ™กSee the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.โ™ก
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Th Entity
#4 Posted : 3/9/2019 12:40:25 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Looks like this soil is peatmoss based with wood chips and perlite, your soil is probabbly acidic (5, -6 pH) (I have no idea whats the ideal soil pH for BC is)
small pot - dont transplant at the moment you will stress it to the point of death or stunnted growth but in the future when its established and healthy looking transplant it)
give it filtered direct light its small and gentle and probabbly lacks soil/air moisture.

Before you planted it, did you soaked the soil with water? If not then there are probabbly pockets of air within the soil where roots wont grow very much, that in the combination with small clay pot, avoid clay pots, do you apply any fertilizer? solutions or solids (organics)? Is the soil nutrient rich or not? (check soil bag label and share what it contains if it contain anything) tell soil pH too.

What you can do now: Give it filtered direct light with air movement (not too much, a breeze), good waterings with some N-P-K fertilizer more on the N-P, with about table spoon of magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) dissolved in a 1L water (dont use the whole liter to water it, just enough) consider a foilar feeding solution AFTER the direct hot sunlight (else you can burn the leaves).

Cya

FranLover
#5 Posted : 3/9/2019 6:10:28 PM

Th Entity wrote:
Looks like this soil is peatmoss based with wood chips and perlite, your soil is probabbly acidic (5, -6 pH) (I have no idea whats the ideal soil pH for BC is)
small pot - dont transplant at the moment you will stress it to the point of death or stunnted growth but in the future when its established and healthy looking transplant it)
give it filtered direct light its small and gentle and probabbly lacks soil/air moisture.

Before you planted it, did you soaked the soil with water? If not then there are probabbly pockets of air within the soil where roots wont grow very much, that in the combination with small clay pot, avoid clay pots, do you apply any fertilizer? solutions or solids (organics)? Is the soil nutrient rich or not? (check soil bag label and share what it contains if it contain anything) tell soil pH too.

What you can do now: Give it filtered direct light with air movement (not too much, a breeze), good waterings with some N-P-K fertilizer more on the N-P, with about table spoon of magnesium sulfate (epsom salts) dissolved in a 1L water (dont use the whole liter to water it, just enough) consider a foilar feeding solution AFTER the direct hot sunlight (else you can burn the leaves).

Cya

Yeah soil has nutrients for 4 more months. Soil had been watered at transplant. I do not want to use fertilizer on this one because of religious purposes (??)

Laughing

Thanks so much for the help guys! You're the best!

Plant is chilling outside now and I'll put him in some direct sunlight shortly.
Check him out! (Went to the nursery this morning so he has friends now.)
FranLover attached the following image(s):
20190309_131004.jpg (3,776kb) downloaded 44 time(s).

Th Entity
#6 Posted : 3/9/2019 7:12:07 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Ok
The soil has nutrients for 4 more months, but after 3 months i would add something to the soil if you dont want to use fertilizer, something like manure, bat guano, bone meal, dolomite lime, magnesium sulfate etc.

Soil may have been watered at transplant (that is usually part of the transplant) im talking about soaking the soil before usage, so it doesnt make air pockets and it doesnt appear "hydrophobic" later after the plant has been planted and rooted. Keep that in mind next time you plant, try it out.

Keep a eye on it if you place it in direct sunlight when its this young, i recommend direct filtered sunlight (meaning partially in the shade or if indoors behind a curtain on a window).
Note: That depends on your direct sunlight exposure throught the day/moisture/temperature/wind and other things.

Leave it at direct sunlight if: You give it enough moisture/water, because the wind and the direct sunlight will dry it out, but since i see a lake or river (cant tell) i would guess its cool there with enough air moisture, dont let the soil dry out completely.
I wish you luck! Thumbs up

Cya