We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Intense pain Options

Aoutiv
#1 Posted : 11/25/2009 10:56:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So SWIM was doing a harmala extraction from syrian rue. He had done a manske (1/2 distilled hot water + 1/2 NaCL saturated hot water) and had put in fridge for two days. Crystals formed (a ton more from the 1/4 lb from Flowing Visions compared to Bouncing Bear, buy from FV). He was running the liquid through a few filters (to try to speed up the process) and to speed it up further, he would bunch them up and squeeze (should SWIM not do this? is he squeezing out harmalas?). One of the filters broke but the harmalas went in his hand. So he warmed up some distilled water and submerged hand, the harmalas dissolved. He then added this water to the jar and began soaking the filters to get the harmalas. His right index finger was submerged a couple of times and then SWIM began to notice a pain in his finger. He thought he might have had an open cut and checked. No cut. His finger was increasingly getting painful. He ran cold water over it and it did not work. SWIM jumped on the Nexus chat and they did not know. SWIM could not even type with this finger as it was literally throbbing. Then, the pain completely disappeared in a matter of 30-45 seconds. His finger does not hurt anymore but is very interested at why it had hurt so bad for the 4-5 minutes. Any ideas why?
“I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.”
-Watts-

"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies — all these are private and, except through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes."
-Huxley-

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Madcap
#2 Posted : 11/25/2009 11:49:24 PM

illudium Q-36

Maybe you popped a blood vessel with all that squeezing
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 11/26/2009 12:03:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the water was too hot?

or you had a micro cut and the salt water makes it sting... its def not harmalas hurting you or smt

Aoutiv
#4 Posted : 11/26/2009 7:04:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Water wasn't too hot and didn't see any cuts. It was very bizarre. I do not understand it.
“I have realized that the past and future are real illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what there is and all there is.”
-Watts-

"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies — all these are private and, except through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes."
-Huxley-

shoe
#5 Posted : 12/8/2009 12:36:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nexus chat????

I thought we decided against a live chat room
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

shoe
#6 Posted : 12/8/2009 12:36:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

btw, /me absoloutely loves bash.org style "help, the room is on fire, what should I do?" IRC quotes. You know the kind, where the immediate emergency is deemed less important than going to IRC for help?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

endlessness
#7 Posted : 12/8/2009 12:37:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

look up under the banner Smile

Darkbb
#8 Posted : 12/8/2009 1:06:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I have no idea what it could have been.

But speaking of bizzare and water. I once went to wash my hands in my sink and literly had what looked like a skinny,dim,jaggedy, bolt of lightning travel towards my hand out of the sink hole. It was fucked up Smile