We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelic Stereotypes Options

MagikVenom
#1 Posted : 12/6/2009 12:28:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychedelic Stereotypes well lately it seems I am hearing....

" I don't know how you could think such a thing as thatShocked ..... you use psychedelics just like they did in primitive cultures.......What do you mean you do not believe in the Sun God?.... and the race of underground WORM PEOPLE?... as for told by the ancients who used psychedelics?.."

I could go on as many know I will spare you that. It seems like the folks who say these things have MISSED the POINT of psychedelics completely.

Instead of expanding there mind and learning new things they use psychedelics to confirm thoughts that are not of there own, and from the past. There are many lesions to be learned from the past no one needs psychedelics for that just read some history or anthropology.

Anybody remember the future? Lets find some new meaning that appilies to progress and not history.

Any opinions?

Peace
MV

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Espiridion
#2 Posted : 12/6/2009 3:51:18 PM

--who.??..ME??--

I have been thinking alot about that MV. Especially in my ever-broadening understanding of evolution. Imagine where we will be in another 10 million years. Hell, in 50 years it is estimated that the recessive gene for green eyes will have been vanished from our race. Of course there will no doubt be pockets of preservationists doing their part to preserve things the way they are.

In my estimation we will, aside from the Arians and purists, be a race of over 90% brown-eyed, taupe-skinned, beings with smog processing organs or gills so that the overpopulus may move into the real-estate rich sea.

Pie-in-the-sky I know. Perhaps there will be no smog. Perhaps big-oil will have been overrun, giving rise to plastics that evaporate into organics after precisely (n) years with the help of organic nanobots.

It is estimated that a mere 100 square miles of solar panels could END our dependance on fossil fuels. They could then be used for making tanning lotion and baby oil only. Sun tans and massages would be mandatory. Cool

We could plan to dig deep into the earth to make homes to live in with skyscapers above. The earth removed could be formed into large hills that forced rainwater over hydroelectric generators to help supplement the solar-power producing materials integrated into the building materials on the surface of the skyscraper. Water could be channeled from the top of the building through electrostatic generators all the way down to the bottom generating additional power.

These things work, now. Already. The universe is in balance. The universe is abundant.

These are the things I think about when I am on psychedelics...

Namaste,

J

Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

WSaged
#3 Posted : 12/6/2009 3:56:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

MV, I've been wondering about that a lot lately too, but you put it into words better than I could!

J...those are some cool ideas!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

antrocles
#4 Posted : 12/6/2009 4:04:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel you completely MV- there is wisdom to be gleened from the past, but an eye on the PRESENT is truly the only thing that is real and, if we give it 100% of our conscious focus with an ever-present awareness of the ONENESS in all things, our FUTURE is shaped now.....FOR THE BETTER!

jason- them's some deep, beautiful ideas....i'm gonna vote for you for city planner! Pleased i LOVE reading creative ideas for how we can BETTER this world. when you think about it- what ELSE is worth working on here?

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 12/6/2009 10:07:31 PM

Teotzlcoatl

One sure fire way to make yourself insane is to take narcotics and psychedelics, I think many people do this and this is one reason why people who use psychedelics are considered crazy. I'm not talking about taking them at the same time, just in general.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

impossiblemachine
#6 Posted : 12/7/2009 7:22:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We could plan to dig deep into the earth to make homes to live in with skyscapers above. The earth removed could be formed into large hills that forced rainwater over hydroelectric generators to help supplement the solar-power producing materials integrated into the building materials on the surface of the skyscraper. Water could be channeled from the top of the building through electrostatic generators all the way down to the bottom generating additional power.

These things work, now. Already. The universe is in balance. The universe is abundant.

These are the things I think about when I am on psychedelics...

Smile
"wherever you go...there you are"

Spock's Brain
#7 Posted : 12/7/2009 8:10:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jasons741 wrote:
In my estimation we will, aside from the Arians and purists, be a race of over 90% brown-eyed, taupe-skinned, beings......

Racism preserves diversity!!!
"Infinite Diversity, in Infinite Combinations."

shoe
#8 Posted : 12/8/2009 12:32:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

LOL @ Racism preserves diversity. That's getting facebooked.

@MagicVenom: seriously laughed at your "what, you don't beleive in the race of underground WORM PEOPLE?" comment.

I will use this thread to vent my own frustrations too; I read an essay recently where the guy was listing problems with society;
I was on a mission to identify problems with society and see what I could do about any of them. Or atleast think about them.

anyway; he reccomended "society should look within itself" and other such bullshit - clearly new age paradigms like "the
answer to what you are seeking, is within yourself." and practical applications which basically translated mean:
GET OFF YOUR FAT, LAZY, ASS AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. - and feebly tried to apply it to society as a whole.

Well, I've got news for you, bub: society has no centre.
Society is a sprawling patchwork quilt made of some people who live in treehouses, alot of people
who live in houses, alot of people who live in other people's houses, some people who live in vans.
Likewise; society is made of some people who get money from the government and spend it, and repeat; and some people
who hate the government because they could have more money if they would only stop being taxed by the people who
don't care that they don't have alot, as long as they can get their giro.
And there are people who simply must have the best of everything, so they buy buy buy and then sell their old things at garage sales
for 1/3 the price. People who don't care about having the best of everything, but enjoy the cheap deals provided by the first
and then people who think that material possetions hamper spiritual development, and they wear robes and have nothing.
but they are happy. its their choice.

So, my point after all of this; is that there IS no society, as such. And thats just something which i've enjoyed sharing with you.
Raymond Williams notes "There are no masses, only ways of seeing masses."
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

shoe
#9 Posted : 12/8/2009 12:39:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Btw magicVenom, that is vaugely related: He's obviously clinging to the old 'look inside yourself' paradigm where clearly its not applicible.

could you elaborate a bit more about who is close-minded, and referencing old rubbish?
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!