We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Attempting Bufotenine Fumarate Options

blue.magic
#1 Posted : 6/11/2017 3:07:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Out of sheer curiosity, SWIM tried to extract bufotenine fumarate instead of citrate he successfully attempted earlier.

Yopo seeds were toasted, ground and split in two 6 gram batches each for different extraction route for later comparison:

The first batch was cooked in acidic water (phosphopric - probably absolutely unneccessary, but anyway...).

Filtering was painful as yopo immediately clogged the filter. SWIM should have waited to let the plant matter settle before filtering. He was impatient and dealt with plant gunk like this:

SWIM chose defatting with toluene (does it make even sense with Yopo?). It immediately resulted in an emulsion.

After basifying with sodium carbonate, the toluene pull resulted again in emulsion, which survived even a glass fiber filter with Celite:

Anyway - adding FASA caused something to actually precipitate!

After decanting the toluene, drying and scraping, the result is 13 mg or white powder that behaves pretty much like n,n-DMT (fluffy crystalline).

It may be mostly fumaric acid but SWIM does not have balls to test it even though it's probably food safe (it can as well be mostly the nauseating toxins):

The second extraction route followed existing tek with few modifications.

- ground seeds mixed with sodium carbonate, water added to form a paste
- left to dry for about hour, then oven dried to remove any water
- dissolved in acetone, filtered
- instead of citric acid acetone solution, he added FASA

The solution turned milky but nothing precipitated. SWIM later found that unlike citrate, the bufotenine fumarate salt is still quite soluble in acetone.

The acetone has been thus evaporated to yield another surprise. An oil with hard, off-white crystalline content (resembling brown sugar) that immediately turned dark brown when scraped:

Lots have been learned but the route to bufotenine fumarate not found.

Is it possible to make a snortable bufotenine salt? The citrate is too waxy/sticky, but maybe further purification (as once proposed by older members) or conversion to different salt (anyone attempted HCl?) may work.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Coja
#2 Posted : 3/8/2019 3:25:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What's the goal in extracting bufotenine? Once added some yopo seed into a spice extraction for something "extra," some limited experience and responses from the small batch were not particularly positive ... reporter suggested it seemed subjectively "darker" compared with regular spice/jungle spice.

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 3/8/2019 5:20:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Coja wrote:
What's the goal in extracting bufotenine? Once added some yopo seed into a spice extraction for something "extra," some limited experience and responses from the small batch were not particularly positive ... reporter suggested it seemed subjectively "darker" compared with regular spice/jungle spice.

The goal was to be able to measure dose, since every bath of yopo seeds is different.

I've given up of butoenine though, since it's very nauseating to me.

FLeP
#4 Posted : 8/31/2020 6:36:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm wondering if fermentation could help with the nausea at all. I've read that some traditional preparations involve fermentation and one source (Richard Schultes) mentions that some tribes even made beer from Yopo. This is one my projects I'm plodding along on lately. Anyone have anything interesting to read on the subject?