We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
My thoughts and experience about nutmeg Options

MemeLord
#21 Posted : 1/30/2019 7:25:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Now I know, I just had to peel seeds to remove many side effects. Tbh nutmeg trip in high doses is also has some uncomfortable physical feelings like cold and shaking, but this part is so emotional for me it's worth it.
On 11 grams of MG I felt like I physically can't feel any emotions except being slightly depressed. I didn't want to listen any music or watch movie. Maybe weed can add some emotions and fun to this state. Also one of the strongest feelings of MG is dissolution of your body, but not in the way weed (or nutmeg) do this. Together it can lead to the new level of anesthesiaBig grin . Some crazy people combine nutmeg and MG together (actually a lot of crazy people) but this is a huge HELL NO to me. And I strongly not reccomend this to anybody who is prone to tachycardia, hypertension or any GIT issues.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

MemeLord
#22 Posted : 3/4/2019 3:08:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I actually mixed 4.5g of dried shrooms with 17 grams of whole nutmeg, but mushrooms were so intense I almost didn't notice nutmeg. If someone interested I can make a trip-report.

dragonrider
#23 Posted : 3/4/2019 3:25:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What i would be interested in, is whether nutmeg could be used as a booster for cannabinoids. If it indeed inhibits the enzyme that breaks down endocannabinoids....would it also inhibit the breakdown of cannabinoids from cannabis? Or could it make cacaobeans and chocolate psycho-active? Cacaobeans and chocolate contain anandamide, wich IS an endocannabinoid.

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 3/4/2019 11:01:11 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dragonrider wrote:
What i would be interested in, is whether nutmeg could be used as a booster for cannabinoids. If it indeed inhibits the enzyme that breaks down endocannabinoids....would it also inhibit the breakdown of cannabinoids from cannabis? Or could it make cacaobeans and chocolate psycho-active? Cacaobeans and chocolate contain anandamide, wich IS an endocannabinoid.

Metabolism of cannabis cannabinoids is very different from that of endocannabinoids. That said, I don't think I ever really paid attention to whether nutmeg affected the subjective strength of cannabis during any of my experiments. At present, that's something someone else will have to look into.

The cacao/anandamide question is very interesting. Today the Missus specially pointed out to me where she had put my cacao stash - it seems like this was a sign. Caution is necessary if experimenting with combining nutmeg with cacao as both of these plants can be hard on the liver.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

starway6
#25 Posted : 3/5/2019 3:21:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

here is a question?

can the psychoactive, part of nut meg..[[.Myristicin]].... be extracted ?Neutral

is myristicin by it self safe as a psychoactive?

MemeLord
#26 Posted : 3/5/2019 7:17:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:

You can mix nutmeg with weed and get stronger effect of both, but it's just like mixing weed with weed.

Btw, I talked to different people about it and I don't understand where is this information garbage came from. It's literally considered as a deliriant by a lot, A LOT of people and I don't understand why. Recenly I smoked sativa-dominant hybrid and probably smoked way too much. Again, nutmeg is not "similar", at some moments nutmeg is almost identical to cannabis. Time loops, flangers, blinking, changing of sound perception, feeling of almost flying, heart is beating fast. I never felt it from DPH or amitriptyline (I was taking both by it's purpose). And where is amnesia (true deliriant amnesia like from datura) in trip reports? It's MAOI properties also questionable. It didn't prolong mushroom trip and I had no issues to take it with SSRI's.

starway6 wrote:
here is a question?

can the psychoactive, part of nut meg..[[.Myristicin]].... be extracted ?Neutral

is myristicin by it self safe as a psychoactive?

They all can be extracted by steam distillation. It's still unknown if it's myristicin, or elemicin, or both are main psychoactive component. You can just buy essential oil of nutmeg to have all psychoactive allylbenzenes, oil of elemi which doesn't contain myristicin, and probably parsley oil which contains mostly myristicin.

PREV12