We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
UPDATED: I think I might have come across information to solve ACRB oral activation Options

theAlkēmist
#1 Posted : 2/26/2019 9:07:08 AM

Alchemist

This is purely speculative and theoretical!!

This is my first post as a full member so thank you Nexus!!

I might have possibly come across information in the journal linked here to explain anecdotal oral activation of ACRB taken whole on its own without MAOIs.

Alongside the MAO we are all familiar with is an enzyme called primary-amine oxidase aka semicarbazide-sensitive amine oxidase (SSAO). This is a new enzyme to me and it seems like there isn’t much research behind it and its role is not fully understood. From my limited understanding it also deanimates short-chain amides just like MAOs via converting primary amides to their corresponding aldehydes, however, it’s speculated it acts by assisting MAO as a ‘scavenger’. MAOIs do not inhibit SSAO.

Several psychoactive compounds are substrates of SSAO (mescaline, tyramine, phenethylamine, etc). Often these compounds are also substrates of MAO-A and MAO-B enzymes.

PRE-NOTE: ACRB contains MAO-B and SSAO Inhibitors. As we know we have to predose with amine oxidase Inhibitors. Hence, eating ACRB just once should not be orally active, you would have to dose twice or three times every half hour.

There are two potent Inhibitors of MAO-B in ACRB. Catechins are fairly insoluble in water and are lipophilic, hence making tea will not extract them.
IC50 = 89μM | (+)(-)catechin
IC50 = 59μM | (-)(-)epicatechin

From all my extensive research tryptamines are equally broken down by MAO-A and MAO-B, so I do not understand why MAO-A is all the fuss. Is DMT different, can anyone provide peer reviewed sources as to why if so?

Five SSAO inhibitors have been isolated from ACRB, these were all myrisetin galloglycosides: EDIT: I’ve found out myrisetin galloglycosides are insoluble in water, hence why anyone who makes a tea without MAOIs reports no effects, and why only reports of eating the bark whole have psychoactive effects.
The two strongest SSAOIs were:
IC50 = 36.16μM | myricetin-3-O-(3″-O-galloyl)-α-rhamnopyranoside-7-methyl ether
IC50 = 39.35μM | myricetin-3-O-(2″,3″-di-O-galloyl)-α-rhamnopyranoside
Followed by:
myricetin-3-O-(2″-O-galloyl)-α-rhamnopyranoside-7-methyl ether
myricetin-3-O-(3″-O-galloyl)-α-rhamnopyranoside
myricetin-3-O-(2″-O-galloyl)-α-rhamnopyranoside

Here is a comprehensive list of SSAOIs
Potent Inhibitors
Geraniin IC50 = 6.58μM (found in Cranesbill, Phyllanthus urinaria L, Geranium maculatum)
Heptylamine IC50 = 7μM
Hexylamine IC50 = 60μM
Nonylamine IC50 = 2nM
Octylamine IC50 = 2μM
Phenylhydrazine IC50 = 30nM

Weak Inhibitors
Butylamine IC50 = 0.1mM
Caffeine IC50 = 0.8 ± 0.3mM
Methylamine IC50 = 1mM
Penthylamine IC50 = 0.1mM
Phenethylamine IC50 = 0.3mM
Tryptamine IC50 = 0.3mM

Inhibitors (Unknown Potency)
Aminoguanidine
B-24
Benserazide
Carbidopa
FLA-336
Galactosamine
Glucosamine
Hydralazine
Hydroxylamine
Iproniazid
MDL-72145
MDL-72974A
Mannosamine
(+)Mexiletine
Phenelzine
Procarbazine
Propargylamine
Pyridoxamine
Semicarbazide
1-(isoquinolin-1-ylcarbonyl)pyrrolidine-2-carboxamide
“The art of alchemy is like a psycho-spiritual multi-vitamin and mineral elixir secreted by the cosmic mind to help heal the collective madness that has infected our world.”

“If the prima materia contains poison, then the more virulent the poison, the more powerful are its potential healing qualities. Accomplished alchemists are able to transmute the poison into a healing nectar.“

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Th Entity
#2 Posted : 2/26/2019 9:14:58 AM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Maybe the activity of bark varies from tree to tree and there are probabbly other factors aswell some people report activity while some report its not active at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW6b8WAtHXY

Interesting information nontheless. Nice Thumbs up

theAlkēmist
#3 Posted : 2/26/2019 9:19:17 AM

Alchemist

Yes it’s 100% plausible these alkaloids vary between different specimens. Let me try find the degradation point.
“The art of alchemy is like a psycho-spiritual multi-vitamin and mineral elixir secreted by the cosmic mind to help heal the collective madness that has infected our world.”

“If the prima materia contains poison, then the more virulent the poison, the more powerful are its potential healing qualities. Accomplished alchemists are able to transmute the poison into a healing nectar.“

theAlkēmist
#4 Posted : 2/26/2019 9:28:33 AM

Alchemist

Guess what, myrisetin galloglycosides are insoluble in water, hence why anyone who makes a tea without MAOIs reports no effects, and why only reports of eating the bark whole have psychoactive effects.

Th Entity
#5 Posted : 2/26/2019 9:45:58 AM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Very interesting, can you bioassay it?
Maybe a little dosage?

theAlkēmist
#6 Posted : 2/26/2019 9:52:17 AM

Alchemist

I don’t have the recourses, I’ll try scout out ELISA kits or see if there are any journals on these alks, if you come access anything let me know please!!

theAlkēmist
#7 Posted : 2/26/2019 9:56:45 AM

Alchemist

Actually now it’s got me thinking, you wanna predose with an MAOI to active DMT. Following patterns I would say you would also wanna predose with an SSAOI, so eating the bark just once would theoretically provide minimal effect, you would wanna dose a second, possibly a third time every half hour.