We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
DMT N-Oxide to Freebase DMT Options

Brennendes Wasser
#81 Posted : 2/22/2019 10:51:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Yeye I understood this, it was just my thoughts how that compound could be isolated as recrystallization seemingly produces white spice again, leaving that other stuff behind which coudl be fetched up again.

Maybe gonna have some chance for this the next weeks, gonna have to see.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

benzyme
#82 Posted : 2/22/2019 11:13:48 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Mindlusion wrote:
Its likely not a single compound but many of higher molecular weight, dimers polymers, that kind of mess.

this is actually quite plausible, and has been cited in literature, polymers formed about the terminal amines.
I just wonder if that occurs during ionization (i.e ESI), or high temperatures.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Hupecat
#83 Posted : 2/1/2020 8:37:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i fiddelt around with zinc and leftover oxides from previous extracts.
it really works like a charm

it was extractedf from the mini a/b with heptane then.
Hupecat attached the following image(s):
zinc.jpg (322kb) downloaded 114 time(s).

benzyme
#84 Posted : 2/1/2020 11:36:21 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

I'm wondering if the zinc is even necessary. A/B will cleave polymers, and resolve residues; hexane/heptane wash will consistently result in white/off-white crystals, when the solubility equilibrium is exceeded. Those crystals will gradually turn yellow/orange, with exposure to air at ambient temp, over time.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

«PREV345