We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
glass vapor genie Options

timeloop
#1 Posted : 6/13/2009 10:15:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a large collection of smoking devices for spice... but for some reason I usually end up just using my small glass bong, but im thinking it is time for a change... I have decided to jump on board and get myself a vapor genie. I just checked out the website and have noticed that they have glass vapor genies now (not sure if this is a new thing or not, but it is the first I have heard of it) I am just wondering if anyone has tried this glass model or has any thoughts on what is the best vapor genie model to get?

cheers

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

WSaged
#2 Posted : 6/13/2009 4:42:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW, it's about time!!

I'm digging the glass genie!!

Might have to pick one up..$100...oof...that's a bit of glass...
Even though I'm not a big fan of them for DMT, I love them for herbs!

Very cool! Thanks for the heads up!!
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jorkest
#3 Posted : 6/14/2009 6:35:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

ooooo!
it's a sound

Madcap
#4 Posted : 9/11/2009 1:44:10 AM

illudium Q-36

The glass vapor genie is sweet! It took a bit of practice to get used to it, but now it is performing very well. I use 4 screens and a torch lighter. Inhale long and deep and it is possible to clear a dose in 2 tokes. I was having trouble breaking through with my old piece (a glass mini-steamroller with brillo) but the vaporgenie delivers the goods.

The design is much more aesthetically pleasing than my old piece (glass mini-steamroller w brillo is classic c r a c k pipe around here). The stem is a little hard to clean but I don't feel the need to clean it that often now thanks to cleaner goods.

I also bought some of the wax coated twine from the site.... it is worthless.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Dimitrius
#5 Posted : 12/5/2009 9:50:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A perfect demonstration of the glass vapor genie.

Mmmmm boy, what a beautiful hit.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 12/6/2009 4:05:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

glass VG is the only way i smoke dmt now
it's a sound

gammagore
#7 Posted : 12/6/2009 9:30:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So what do you guys use to clean the glass VG? IPA, naptha?

Ive noticed a little bit of herb getting through the gauze, and also, how many screens are you chaps using? Any of you use pure spice in the VG?

Do you sandwich it with herbs or ash?

antrocles
#8 Posted : 12/6/2009 2:13:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i'm right there with Jorkest- it's the only thing i use now....and i LOOOOOVE it!!

i put about 6 screens in there and always lay down a bed of changa to prevent magic from drippin' through....i have a few different changas at this point- some with cannibis, some without, but ALL with peppermint and caapi...

cleaning it- for a couple bucks you can order some "pipe cleaners" with it. they're pretty much worthless... i haven't cleaned mine yet but i figured i'd just use heptane or acetone cuz that stuff works so well and evaps so dern quick.

this thing is so awesome....and, hey Dimitrius- THANK YOU for posting that vid!!! i hit mine with equal beauty and even greater lung capacity BUT, i learned something VERY important: use a jet lighter! i've just been using a regualr bic and i think that with the jet torch you will be getting far less butane...

i went and bought a cool one right after i watched the vid!! Pleased thanks again for that!

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Madcap
#9 Posted : 12/6/2009 4:07:47 PM

illudium Q-36

I also use a torch - jet lighter. Also, I don't use any leaf bed... any spice that escapes vaporization pools at the bottom of the bend. Then as you use the VG, the heat and airflow actually convert it to n-oxide. A little acetone dissolves it all. I just empty it into my evap dish and am left with a n,n and n-oxide mixture that is very smooth.

does the leaf bed ever char? At it's "dirtiest" my glass VG is covered with mostly clear circular crystal patterns like what you get from an evap dish when extracting. Its actually quite pretty... except for the pool of n-oxide that is just brown-ish.

I haven't really messed with changa, but I have some caapi copy and some peppermint that I may subject to my first batch of jimjam spice that I am going to freebase tonight.
All posts written by Madcap should be regarded as fiction.

Dimitrius
#10 Posted : 12/6/2009 4:32:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antrocles wrote:

this thing is so awesome....and, hey Dimitrius- THANK YOU for posting that vid!!! i hit mine with equal beauty and even greater lung capacity BUT, i learned something VERY important: use a jet lighter! i've just been using a regualr bic and i think that with the jet torch you will be getting far less butane...

i went and bought a cool one right after i watched the vid!! Pleased thanks again for that!

L&G!!

You're welcome Ant. I've been using the Lotus lighter sold at the VG website, but just ordered myself a badass torch lighter.

Also, with the jet lighter vaporization will happen quicker, the bowl can 'pre-heated' without having to inhale and waste precious lung capacity AND you don't have to control the movement of the flame...only the flame distance and the rate of inhalation. Having to control how much the flame dips into the bowl kind of annoys me.

gammagore: I use some 91% IPA. You just gotta move it to different parts of the pipe and shake it back and forth. Then I rinse it out with hot tap water. Then I may or may not rinse it with distilled water, because the tap water here is sh*t and I don't want it leaving 'mineral' deposits in my hypersatial launch device.

I'm using changa in mine.
"Within your heart is a lotus, and within this lotus is a diamond. This diamond is the source of creation, and in all the creation, there is only one lotus."

"Only from the Heart can you touch the sky." ~ Rumi

gammagore
#11 Posted : 12/6/2009 6:40:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sweet, just tested my glass VG with some spice and a bed of mullien, nice, so smooth, could not feel any vapour in my lungs.

I used antrocles way with 7 screens, works a charm.