We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Alien Information Theory Options

AcaciaConfusedYah
#21 Posted : 2/17/2019 6:13:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

laughingcat wrote:
Oh, and the colour palette was based on IBM's first colour graphics card from 1981 - Color Graphics Adapter (CGA) (although it has been modified and expanded a little)...

Oh, nice! My dad retired from IBM a few years ago. I wish you good luck on the sales!

It will be neat to see the discussion of the book after you release it. We'll see what happens!

Take Care!
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

laughingcat
#22 Posted : 2/17/2019 6:15:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:
I wish you good luck on the sales!

It will be neat to see the discussion of the book after you release it. We'll see what happens!

Thank you! Yes, looking forward to what I'm sure will be lively discussion!

fathomlessness
#23 Posted : 2/17/2019 12:50:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

laughingcat wrote:
fathomlessness wrote:
Is there a preview available?

OK, I've attached some pics of the book..Very happy

Ok thanks, ill definitely wait for the digital copy. I dont think I can read that kind of print (no offense), im very boring and particular and like things in times new roman Laughing

Just curious, have you ever touched on (either in the book or in your videos) integrated information theory?

Benway
#24 Posted : 2/17/2019 4:09:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a wonderful news!
First of all, congratulations for your work.
I had started reading: ESSAY Building Alien Worlds - The Neuropsychological and Evolutionary Implications of the Astonishing Psychoactive Effects of N, N-Dimethyltryptamine (DMT), but I have not finished yet.
I find it easy to understand even without being a neuroscientist Smile

Thanks also for the link to the video. I'll watch it tonight.

Take care

laughingcat
#25 Posted : 2/18/2019 12:50:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:

Just curious, have you ever touched on (either in the book or in your videos) integrated information theory?

I wrote a paper on IIT and the psychedelic state... Laughing

I've attached it!

laughingcat
#26 Posted : 2/18/2019 12:53:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Benway wrote:
This is a wonderful news!
First of all, congratulations for your work.

Thanks very much! Building Alien Worlds was my first ever paper on DMT, so I'm glad people are still finding of interest! My ideas have moved on a bit since then, but that paper remains my most important one I think...

AcaciaConfusedYah
#27 Posted : 2/18/2019 4:33:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

laughingcat,

Would you consider offering an "audible" version, with the caveat that the hardback copy is purchased? I am going to be traveling for a little while and it would be nice to listen while I drive.

Thanks

Take Care,
ACY

laughingcat
#28 Posted : 2/18/2019 4:48:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:
Would you consider offering an "audible" version

Perhaps at some point, but recording me reading the entire book is undoubtedly something of a task! My concern would be that the diagrams are really important in explaining many of the ideas - it's a very visual book. The book text content would need to be modified to make an audible version work...

AcaciaConfusedYah
#29 Posted : 2/18/2019 6:55:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Understandable.

I have written things that were intended to be multimedia projects; though mine were just for fun. Rather than imagery (well i guess there was one picture), I used music as the other media source. Granted, my story was part fiction (in order to frame the event in a fun manner), so I was not presenting it as a theory. I wrote the intro, and then posted a series of songs that I felt were proper representations of my story for the following 5 parts. Parts 6-8 will have music as well, but there is going to be a curve ball... as it sits; I imply that "I" will no longer be contributing to the story... so there may be a third party that interjects in the conversation between and entity and a character (me).

Lol. 6-8 are being written, currently Smile I was going to aim for April-May; but it really depends on one of the bands releasing a new album or not. I wanted to use some of the music for parts 6-8.

On the research side: yes, I can see how the book would be complicated if you had to pause reading and describe each image. Damn. Well, worth a try.

Probably would not be delivered with the same passion if someone else were to read the book. I'm pretty sure audible and other books "on tape" (is that even a thing still??? My vehicle has a cassette player... but yeah, back on subject) hire someone to read the books; so you wouldn't have to be the one to read it.

However, if not delivered with passion, why deliver? So, I understand your point. On the other hand, your voice reminds me of an entity's voice. Could just be the UK accent... but my mantis pal had a VERY similar voice as yours. Though a different demeanor and delivery style.

Take care,
ACY

scaredofthedark
#30 Posted : 9/29/2023 1:10:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

laughingcat wrote:
AcaciaConfusedYah wrote:
Would you consider offering an "audible" version

Perhaps at some point, but recording me reading the entire book is undoubtedly something of a task! My concern would be that the diagrams are really important in explaining many of the ideas - it's a very visual book. The book text content would need to be modified to make an audible version work...

Now that AI can do this very well (indistinguishable from humans, actually), I was curious if you'd reconsidered this. Shit, I'm pretty sure you can just feed them audio of your interviews to build a model of your own voice if you want (and also create an American version for us yanks, no offense). I have ADHD and can never finish books, no matter what. A download of an audio file with high-res scans of the images would be amazing for me. I understand if it's not worth your while, though.

Thanks for all of your contributions, Dr. Gallimore.

PREV12