We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Easy herbs to use with sandwich method Options

NapkinsUntie
#1 Posted : 2/16/2019 10:02:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM doesn't want to make changa/enhanced leaf, SWIM just wants to do the sandwich method. What herbs are the best to use with this? SWIM has read people using parsley, oregano, pot, and many others and is a little lost.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 2/17/2019 2:21:17 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

In general you are much better off infusing your spice into the plant material rather than sandwiching it. This solventless method is quite simple and effective.

As for herbs to use as the base, just go for something that is pleasant to smoke on it's own. Some good options are things like blue lotus, chamomile, mullein, passion flower, or damiana. Cannabis can interfere with and ground out the effects of DMT so it's generally recommended against using it, though it is another possibility.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Elrik
#3 Posted : 2/17/2019 7:34:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is mullein actually a good idea?
I know its regarded as a soothing smoke, but don't the abundant leaf hairs get inhaled and bother the lungs? It grows wild here but I've never tried it because of that fuzz.

Brennendes Wasser
#4 Posted : 2/18/2019 9:40:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I also tried Mullein, as it was told to be very smooth.

Actually I cannot say that ANY herb is smooth, as smoking anything produces smoke and if not being a smoker, why should smoke of ANY plant be enjoyable to inhale + keep in the lungs?

Of course some herbs will be much more harsh to your lungs.

But for Mullein is was no better or worse ... maybe if one may be convinced that it would be smoother, then just do it.

Also it was told that you only need to light it very softly and then you can put away the flame and it will *cherry* (seems like this is the word for it) softly, making everything vaporize slowly over time upon pulling.

Also I cannot confirm that ...

And yes Mullein has this little hairs. I was thinking that they hindered the Spice to spread / precipitate evenly through the herbs. Well at least in my obervation the really uneven surface of those herbs made more concentrated particles to form and then concentrating them further to bigger spots and less dense spots.

Bad for having a decent product.

Also this was a reason to finally discard creating Changa and just eating MAOI + smoking with a real Vaporizer or Green Buddha.

null24
#5 Posted : 2/19/2019 10:47:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Mullein is my go to as a vegetable carrier material for spice. It's availability, cost and the fact that to me it is a smooth smoke inform that decision. To some folks it's harsh as hell and difficult to hold in the lungs. Like the poster above pointed out, if someone isn't used to smoking anything, the idea of 'smooth' is going to be a different target than for one used to cigarettes and weed, and in fact might not exist in plants.

Mullein bought in herb stores is processed for teas, not smoking. I've found it's best to treat it sorta like weed, separating stems from flowers and breaking the flowers apart. A nice absorbent bed can be made this way with a good texture that will allow good air flow but at the same time prevent the spice from running away. Still, it has challenges.

Personality I've found mullein (or any plant matter) most useful for EL or changa, and have never had much success with a vegetable sandwich method. Trying to manipulate the combustion of the two materials effectively has been too much of a challenge for me at times and i don't have confidence in my ability to reliably reproduce a 'good hit'.

As forthe hairs, i don't see a scenario in which that would happen given a modicum of decent smoking practice.

Chore-boy sandwiches are very, very effective at vaporizing spice effectively and economically and have become my recommended method for fb spice.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

elatedlotus
#6 Posted : 4/25/2019 5:52:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
In general you are much better off infusing your spice into the plant material rather than sandwiching it. This solventless method is quite simple and effective.

As for herbs to use as the base, just go for something that is pleasant to smoke on it's own. Some good options are things like blue lotus, chamomile, mullein, passion flower, or damiana. Cannabis can interfere with and ground out the effects of DMT so it's generally recommended against using it, though it is another possibility.

Damiana is great! SWIM adds mint to it.

Question about the infused leafs, though (and this may just be misguided because I'm new to this). If one is to burn the infused leaf, wouldn't the DMT infused into said leafs end up burning/combusting if all one has to do (from my understanding) is light the bowl? Or does one just ignite the leaves without letting the flame touch the leaves, and then the leaf ambers end up not reaching high enough temp to combust the DMT before it's vaporized and pulled through?

Cactus Man
#7 Posted : 5/5/2019 5:29:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sage or Damiana or Cannabis