We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Yopo Seed snuff question Options

Ødemark
#1 Posted : 2/14/2019 3:10:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did my habitual preparation of yopo snuff yesterday, I've been always fascinated about the Pain vs. trip strength for a long time now, I've figured out that using much less sodium carbonate than what I've read in different sources can still yield very powerful yet painless snuff, other times, if too much SC, is so painful that becomes ridiculous. I have still to find out well the ratios... anyway, as I was saying, I did yesterday a big batch and for first time , I took a PH strip and the mix measures 10!, and I was thinking, (Im no chemist) what if I add some lemon juice now that is freebased?, just until reached the about 6-5 of the skin and then dry it? wouldn't the snuff then will be much painless? is it what causes the most pain the fact that is so basic or is unrelated? and also, will the addition of lemon juice affect negatively to the potency of it? Wut?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 2/14/2019 3:48:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Well it should definetly be less painfull and yes the basic stuff is causing the pain.

You COULD lower the pH aka. make it more acidic IF you do not salt your free-based alkaloids again.

But the problem is: The magic point between freebase and salt is not at pH 7. As it is a tertiary amine it will be as basic itself, that it will already be in the salt form at pH 7.

Should be possible to calculate the exact point, then you would know until what pH you could drop it.

About potency: I don't know if the salt form is less potent, but I read that it hurts much more? (strange because I thought more soluble in water -> faster uptake und less pain)

So you could try it out with some seeds to make it neutral again, which will grant you salt Alkaloids definetly, but then you could have a look if it is still working, when you can spare those 3 seeds for trial.

rOm
#3 Posted : 2/14/2019 11:21:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I used mambe and also râpé which is mapacho and like yopo we also add the basic powder to facilitate absorbtion. SO something here is telling me your snuff will be less if effective at all. But you can do with one batch form sape yopo seeds, different trial and see the result to compair the pain and gain ratio whihc coul dbe ultimate for you.
I've had struggled with pain too.. but bot with the bicarb in mambe buccal or ashes in rapé but seems like it was more from bufotenin from yopo. Pain came from the vasocinstrictive effect from bufotenin. Never had this issue with 5 meo dmt or the bufo alvarius one ( 5 meo organic ).
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

Ødemark
#4 Posted : 2/16/2019 3:48:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, yesterday was the day I tried.... I first set up a bit apart and went with the phone from 10 to 8. I sniffed it and after what i thought to be enough time, i felt this first sensations of head pressure, 2D-fast-pace black and white cartoons with eyes closed and my hands would change slightly shape twice at second, overall, very mild yopo high so I said, well, let's see how strong the actuall mix is... same amount like previously taken, this time untreated... surprisingly painless, but perhaps already numb from the first two... well.. I went to Jupiter and back, which leaves me with this 2 options: perhaps the one with lemon had some delayed effect, or the lemon destroyed the effect and the snuff is twice as strong as I'm used to... which might make sense as this time I let it rest as a paste with the sodium carbonated for 24 + hours before I began drying.
Well, today's test would be to sniff a similar amount to yesterday, and compare the trip, if I get the same kind of trip, then will be fair to assume that effectively, changing the ph destroys the trip. Otherwise, murder experimentation will be required.
Another question guys, someone dont like the idea of sniffing or smoking, I've heard is possible to go somewhere sublingual, but again, I wouldn't like to burn that person under tongue by telling to put something so basic in such a sensible place. Now, we have harmala seeds Syrian rue. Is it possible would you think to make some sort of tea or just by ingestion ?

dragonrider
#5 Posted : 2/16/2019 4:46:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sublingual isn't as painfull for me, as snorting the stuff. I would definately try it.

Smoking is the most effective way by far, but it is probably very bad for your lungs, because the smoke is very harsh. But the effects are like 10 times as strong when you smoke it.

Ødemark
#6 Posted : 2/16/2019 7:50:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
Sublingual isn't as painfull for me, as snorting the stuff. I would definately try it.

Smoking is the most effective way by far, but it is probably very bad for your lungs, because the smoke is very harsh. But the effects are like 10 times as strong when you smoke it.

Smoked is out of the question for her, and thinking that if I smoke it myself, then I would make a bufotenine extraction. But you say that I can take this snuff in a pipe and just blow it in?
Also about sublingual: you mean that this is just put the snuff below the tong for as long as you can without swallowing it? Or is there any previous preparation for it?

Ødemark
#7 Posted : 2/16/2019 7:56:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always considered the pain a part of the Yopo ritual, you endure it like a boss and when is gone you are in this DMT-ish universe. Although,sometimes I've made some batches which pain is just fucking absurd, when this happens, has always worked to toast some more seeds ( the more painful, the more seeds you add), add them to the ready snuff, add water, mix thoroughly, dry again, and sweet "painless" yopo snuff comes out of the oven.

dragonrider
#8 Posted : 2/16/2019 9:44:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ødemark wrote:
dragonrider wrote:

Smoked is out of the question for her, and thinking that if I smoke it myself, then I would make a bufotenine extraction. But you say that I can take this snuff in a pipe and just blow it in?
Also about sublingual: you mean that this is just put the snuff below the tong for as long as you can without swallowing it? Or is there any previous preparation for it?

Yes. The exact same powder, but under the tongue instead of in the nose.
See if you find it less painfull.