We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Alien Information Theory Options

laughingcat
#1 Posted : 2/10/2019 6:04:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I apologise if this is an abuse of the platform but, for those interested in my work (there are at least a handful) my new book on DMT and the structure of our digital reality will be published in April and is now available for pre-order Big grin :

UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk..._r_mt_dp_U_E37xCbBPBDD0Q
USA: https://www.amazon.com/d..._r_mt_dp_U_I67xCbBNNGQ33
laughingcat attached the following image(s):
COVER_1PAGE.png (134kb) downloaded 382 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Handel
#2 Posted : 2/10/2019 6:36:43 AM

Little sheep lost in woods

Very interesting. No digital format though?

laughingcat
#3 Posted : 2/10/2019 6:56:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

At some point there will be, but not yet: I'm kind of old fashioned about books. It's full colour throughout and is best appreciated as a printed book I think, but no doubt I'll put out a digital version in the future...Smile

fathomlessness
#4 Posted : 2/10/2019 1:04:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is there a preview available? Usually there is with amazon books. I second the request for digital format (save the trees n all that). Btw, congrats on condensing the information you have learnt in to a medium for other people to engage with, that takes effort boi Thumbs up

Also, it would be good to include in your post who you are. I believe you co-hosted a model for a study with Dr. Rick Strassman to stabilize and extend the DMT psychedelic experience. Believe it or not but we monkeys respond very much to popular media associations of these kinds when considering whether its worthwhile to spend many hours of our time reading something from a specific author. Big grin

laughingcat
#5 Posted : 2/10/2019 1:35:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm trying to set up the "Search Inside" function on Amazon, but it's not automatic -- you've gotta register, so might take some time but should be there eventually!

And, yes that's me! Rick and I co-authored that paper a couple of years ago. You can find everything I've written on DMT, plus lectures I've given, on my website www.buildingalienworlds.com and my YouTube channel (e.g. https://youtu.be/A10V_t95VfI ) Smile

Handel
#6 Posted : 2/10/2019 7:23:51 PM

Little sheep lost in woods

Ah yes, I've watched your talk a few months ago. I think it was linked from /r/DMT on Reddit.

laughingcat
#7 Posted : 2/11/2019 2:09:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:
Is there a preview available?

Until I get the Amazon preview sorted, here's the list of chapters:
1. The Code
2. The Universe as Digital Information
3. The Hierarchy of Complexity
4. Living Information in a Digital World
5. Waking Up in a World
6. How to Build a World: Part I
7. How to Build a World: Part II
8. Psychedelic Molecules and the Brain
9. An Introduction to Hyperspace
10. Information Flow Through the Grid
11. Information Flow Through the HyperGrid
12. DMT and the Hyperdimensional Brain Complex
13. The Mechanism of Interdimensional Communication
14. The Structure of the Code
15. How to Build a Universe
16. The Game

DmnStr8
#8 Posted : 2/11/2019 1:55:57 PM

Come what may

I find your work fascinating and interesting to say the least. I am currently working through your website and videos.

I am happy to see you are working with the folks at Medicinal Mindfulness in Boulder. I have a great interest in the extended state DMT. I would love to participate but do not like the idea of paying for classes. A part of me feels that they will influence the results by passing everyone through these classes. In any case, I hope they complete this extended state research and I eagerly await the results.

Good luck with your book and all the work you do! I will be sure to pick up a copy of the book.

Thanks for your contributions to the psychedelic world!
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

Exitwound
#9 Posted : 2/11/2019 2:10:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I watched the video lecture and this is all very interesting stuff.

I am wondering, how is set and setting approached during extended DMT state research?

Being in clinic setting in bed with IV hooked up, while white uniformed medical personnel are arranging the experiment, seems to be hardly ideal and will undoubtedly influence tone of experiences. Which I think has been the case with Dr. Strassman's patients.

Hotspur922
#10 Posted : 2/11/2019 4:58:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm interested

dreamer042
#11 Posted : 2/11/2019 5:06:14 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Thanks laughingcat!

Very much looking forward to reading this when it's released. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

laughingcat
#12 Posted : 2/12/2019 11:56:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Exitwound wrote:
I watched the video lecture and this is all very interesting stuff.

I am wondering, how is set and setting approached during extended DMT state research?

Being in clinic setting in bed with IV hooked up, while white uniformed medical personnel are arranging the experiment, seems to be hardly ideal and will undoubtedly influence tone of experiences. Which I think has been the case with Dr. Strassman's patients.

The approach is very much to avoid this kind of setting (no white coats, wheeled gurneys, bleeping equipment), but to make it as homely and comfortable, non-clinical, as possible. Rick tried to achieve this in his 90s study, but it wasn't entirely possible. Things have moved on since then though...

Hotspur922
#13 Posted : 2/12/2019 4:20:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

when will the book be avail?

laughingcat
#14 Posted : 2/12/2019 9:45:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hotspur922 wrote:
when will the book be avail?

April 16th, but can be pre-ordered on Amazon now...Smile

laughingcat
#15 Posted : 2/17/2019 1:12:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fathomlessness wrote:
Is there a preview available?

OK, I've attached some pics of the book..Very happy
laughingcat attached the following image(s):
AIT_1.jpg (1,740kb) downloaded 238 time(s).
AIT_6.jpg (1,351kb) downloaded 237 time(s).
AIT_2.jpg (1,885kb) downloaded 239 time(s).
AIT_3.jpg (1,972kb) downloaded 240 time(s).
AIT_4jpg.jpg (1,758kb) downloaded 237 time(s).
AIT_5.jpg (2,049kb) downloaded 238 time(s).

dreamer042
#16 Posted : 2/17/2019 1:50:56 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Beautiful!

Love the artwork and video game theme. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

laughingcat
#17 Posted : 2/17/2019 2:02:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Beautiful!

Love the artwork and video game theme. Thumbs up

Thanks so much! Big grin

AcaciaConfusedYah
#18 Posted : 2/17/2019 5:10:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hey laughingcat,

That's quite an interesting theory! I watched some of the talk that was linked in a previous posts. I'll admit, I have not had time to watch it to the entirety - I've been busy. You may have answered this, but is there a particular reason that you chose the color scheme and "large" pixels for the artwork? I assumed that the pixels were associated with Conway's game. But, I was curious about the color choice.

I enjoyed this youtube video of conway's game. We had discussed the game in one of my classes at the university and I believe this is the video that the professor showed us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2vgICfQawE

It almost reminds me of something I loosely call the "Rah-rahs." I call it that due to the sound that is associated with the geometry as it "evolves." At times it is so complex that it can be incredibly over-whelming. It's often noticed on the onset of vaporized DMT, though usually temporary before transitioning "elsewhere." The experience often tends to be very profound though I haven't found a way to properly translate into words that give an adequate description. Perhaps there aren't any? or at least none to my recognition.

I'm curious how this book will be presented. Theory implies that there will be some supporting details to justify the claims. I am excited to see what type of work has led you to this theory. DMT is a strange creature. You never know what we'll find. Smile

So, any particular choice for the colors used? Or is that part arbitrary? Does it relay personal experiences? Or is it based on information gathered from studies?

It seems as though this type of theory has been thrown into mainstream discussion. I am noticing that more people are beginning to consider this concept. I'm a little more on the neutral end of - "I don't have any idea of what's REALLY going on." Even so, I enjoy speculation and considering different ideas.

Thanks for sharing this concept for folks to consider. Smile

Take Care,
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.

laughingcat
#19 Posted : 2/17/2019 5:30:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I like to refer to the book as a "textbook from the future", in that I don't hedge my ideas with "it could be this or it could be that" but rather present a coherent narrative about DMT and its effects and role in our reality. It's entirely based in science (and referenced) however.

With regards to the artwork and colour scheme, I wanted the book to be as much a work of art as a source of information and ideas, which is why I've gone for a strong design theme. Why pixel art? Because I think it's cool! Cool

laughingcat
#20 Posted : 2/17/2019 5:35:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, and the colour palette was based on IBM's first colour graphics card from 1981 - Color Graphics Adapter (CGA) (although it has been modified and expanded a little)...

12NEXT