We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelic Meditation Options

OneIsEros
#1 Posted : 2/1/2019 6:40:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a document I decided to make after I mentioned my own practice of psychedelic meditation, and somebody asked for more details. I've been doing this for over a year now, and it has been amazing. It is worth the effort.

---update---
Based on my experience, I have found that some drugs are helpful for breath mindfulness meditation, and some are not. Although of course, all psychedelics are hard to meditate on - you have to be pretty good at meditating to master sustained focus during these experience, although doing so will deepen both your meditation and the psychedelic experience.

Helpful:
---Ayahuasca
---Mushrooms
---Caffeine (helps to be alert)

Probably helpful? Never tried:
---INSUFFLATED 5-MeO-DMT (sounds similar to ayahuasca with more emphasis on unity than visions).
---SUBLINGUAL 5-HO-DMT

Maybe helpful? Never tried:
---ibogaine (apparently the African indigenous people traditionally used it to stay still for hours without discomfort at night while hunting).

---mescaline

NOT helpful:
---vaporized DMT (getting shot out of a cannon does not help anapanasati)

---vaporized 5-MeO-DMT (getting shot out of a cannon does not help anapanasati)

---LSD (too stimulating and scattered - hard to settle down and focus. AWESOME for yoga if you can keep your shit together in a yoga class or if you know yoga well enough to do your routine though!)

---MDMA (might work for some people but for me it was too stimulating and just plagued my meditation with a sense of "this is physically bad for me" ).

---Cannabis (might work for some people, but it is simply distracting and cloudy in comparison to serotonergic psychedelics in my experience).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

OneIsEros
#2 Posted : 2/1/2019 8:21:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PDF version

grollum
#3 Posted : 2/8/2019 10:54:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting this.
I just overflew it and one thing I would change is the word drug.
This has a negative connotation and is not very specific.
Entheogen, psychedelic, hallucinogen or similar would be a better choice in my opinion.