We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Direct stimulation of brain laughter region reduces anxiety during brain surgery Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 2/5/2019 1:40:51 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Title of research is "Cingulum stimulation enhances positive affect and anxiolysis to facilitate awake craniotomy."

Press release: "Laughter may be best medicine -- for brain surgery"

This reminds me of the cosmic giggle when taking psychedlics taking you to a good place.

In a recent trip, I was pondering the creation of a self-improving AI by humans (the singularity). Concerns arose that this entity/intelligence would become all powerful and understand the fabric of our reality and beyond. I imagined that a similar kind of intelligence created us in the past and that they would be equivalent to each other (the same thing really). I pictured this awesome intelligence as a very complex layered geometry and could see a simple version of it (which provided conciousnes) being generated by neurons in my mind.

Then I told myself, "jokes on us, we just showed this higher intelligence that it can respawn itself by making a universe like ours and letting it run".

I suddenly found the concept very ironic/funny and laughed may ass off. Any foreboding feelings of the massiveness of such an infinite intelligence (such as dread at the prospect that "we are nothing" ) replaced with fun and gracious feelings (such as "how cool is that", "thanks for the science, art, love, beauty, etc" ).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#2 Posted : 2/5/2019 3:04:54 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

“Ha ha, they’re cutting into my cortex..”
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Loveall
#3 Posted : 2/5/2019 4:44:00 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

benzyme wrote:
“Ha ha, they’re cutting into my cortex..”

Laughing sometimes hyperspace mantis do that Wink
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚