We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt with no effect after re-x? not sure what is going on Options

jiva
#1 Posted : 12/22/2018 9:08:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hi everyone,

so about a month ago i did an extraction i messed up by getting some base soup into my extraction dish. so i just did a re-x at the end.
i started with 50g of MHRB, after the re-x i ended up with almost 500mg of flaky spice. it still had a yellow tint.
the extraction and the re-x have been done with hexane.

yesterday i used about 50mg of it in a crack pipe.
i got almost no effect. very light color shifting and a little psychedelic feel to it for maybe 5 minutes but not what i expected.

today i predosed by filling my GVG 2 times with caapi infused sage.
afterwards i loaded up 55mg of the re-x-ed dmt. again very little effect although it was more than the previous day.

after most of the dmt effect was gone but the MAOI was still present i did smoke some changa to make sure i was not just shut out ...
the changa worked perfectly and i just had 2 hours of very pleasant sub-breakthrough travels.

has anyone of you any idea what could be going on with the re-x-ed dmt?
the change i used contains dmt from the same batch of MHRB. also i have other freebase DMT from the same batch that works fine. the only difference seems to be the re-x which i can not imagine causing this...

edit: once the new year arrives i will be able to get my dmt lab tested. last time the could only provide a percentage of purity but could not tell what the remaining percentage was...
last time i had 95% pure dmt (no re-x has been done, just an additional washing step) - i wonder what this batch has got. but with the re-x i would imagine it should be at least the same

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

pete666
#2 Posted : 12/22/2018 9:33:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, it is difficult to say what is wrong, but I would say the base should never get to the non-polar. If this happens, everything should be returned to the basic water soup and pulled again. Not doing that just indicates a rush, and this is not good for any extration of entheogens. I would ask myself why I rush and once I identify the reason, I would do it properly, without pushing it. I believe any rush indicates possible incorrect motivation.

Imho, re-x is not the best way how to remove the hydroxide from the result. Why? If we have non-polar with trace amounts of water containing hydroxide, we have to ask whether the hydroxide won't precipitate too while re-x'ing. Some chemist could tell us whether it's true and how much, but I would say part of it precipitates too. Probably the question is not whether, but how much...
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

Th Entity
#3 Posted : 12/23/2018 6:09:19 AM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

Hello Guys!
Interesting.

Was it active and potent before the re-x?

DMT is stable under high pH enviroment right? can it decompose degrade or dunno become N-oxide or just break down when in direct contact: I highly doubt it, but maybe someone will read this and his lamp will shine over his head and solve this mystery.

So when you smoke higher dosage you get more effect?
Maybe its just mostly impurities covered with little spice?

You did the extraction and re-x month ago could it be improper storage?
Expose to something in the enviroment that was present at the moment?

Quote:
just an additional washing step
Have you used this additional washing step on this extraction and what it is, how did you wash it? DMT freebase in filter funnel and pour washing solvent over it or? Could it be that you accidentaly used solvent that dissolved the dmt and probabbly let you
with some plant impurites in the filter from the aq layer with little dmt over it so it still has little effect but not very potent? Im just guessing! I have no explanation

P.S. - Im sorry for the strange guesses but i have to explanation and when i dont i guess acient aliens! Good Luck Thumbs up

jiva
#4 Posted : 12/23/2018 9:22:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hi,

i do not know if it was more active before the re-x as i did not test it.
as far as i know exposure to oxygen and uv light speed up oxidation, it was stored in a small airtight glass jar within a box. All my other extractions are stored the same way and i have not had issues with them (expet once but the dmt was really old)

i do not think that there are more impurities in it as the re-x should only result in a more pure end product.
once i can bring it to the lab i will know for sure.

to clarify my additional washing step is that when i get the naphtha out of the the base soup i put it in a small narrow bottle with just a little basic water in it. i do this because my bottle for the base soup is pretty wide and it can be difficult to not pick up any base material.
when i do this i let the naphtha sit in the small bottle for 5 minutes and then transfer it to the extraction dish.
i have seen this also work to clear up dark-naphtha.

.... now that i think of it. i think i had dark-naphta when i did this extraction.

don't worry about the strange guesses. yours are as good as mine and i am thankful for any input that could help figure out what is going on

@pete: i am not sure if i understand. if i transferred any hydroxide with the re-x i think the spice should still be potent ...

pete666
#5 Posted : 12/23/2018 9:30:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
@pete: i am not sure if i understand. if i transferred any hydroxide with the re-x i think the spice should still be potent ...

Yes, sorry. I was just pointing out what I was able to see is not perfect in your process. This thought was not meant to resolve your issue, it was just to ensure your health.

In fact I can't say what's wrong regarding your bad result.

Have you tasted the result? How is it? Does it taste like dmt?
Have you tried to melt it? Dmt fb has very low melting point, you should easily identify whether it is what you think it is.
Acceptance of the fact that our reality is not real doesn't in fact mean it is not real. It just leads to better understanding what real means.

pete666
#6 Posted : 12/23/2018 10:04:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
i do this because my bottle for the base soup is pretty wide and it can be difficult to not pick up any base material.

Then change the bottle or add more solvent. I leave about 15-20% of solvent there, just to ensure I don't bring any water with the solvent while pulling. Last pull I fill whole bottle with fresh water so the bottle is full and remaining solvent is in the narrow neck, easy to be sucked by the pipette. So almost all solvent is pulled.

jiva
#7 Posted : 1/11/2019 1:50:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

today i got the results from the lab: it is 75% N,N-Dimethyltryptamine
they could not tell me what the other parts are.

this does not explain why i did not have an effect. even at only 75% purity i should have a noticeable effect.
also i do not understand why the purity is so low. "usually" my product is above 90% without any re-x.

any suggestions why i could do with the spice?

red291113
#8 Posted : 1/11/2019 1:57:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

huh? I am definitely interested also now that we know it was tested at 75%...strange indeed,I hope some more advanced folks chime in ..Such a mysterious molecule..I hope it works out on your next batch if this one still fails you (in a sense) ,,have a great day Smile
Life is Love & Love is Life

skoobysnax
#9 Posted : 1/17/2019 3:31:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jiva wrote:
today i got the results from the lab: it is 75% N,N-Dimethyltryptamine
they could not tell me what the other parts are.

this does not explain why i did not have an effect. even at only 75% purity i should have a noticeable effect.
also i do not understand why the purity is so low. "usually" my product is above 90% without any re-x.

any suggestions why i could do with the spice?

Dissolve it in some 99% IPA and see if anything settles out and decant. Evap and reX again with Bestine.

Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

jiva
#10 Posted : 2/4/2019 10:13:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i mentioned above, that i do an additional washing step where i put the naphtha into water with a little NaOh in it.
what would happen if the ph is around 9 instead of ~13?
could that result in dmt staying in the water?

pete666
#11 Posted : 2/4/2019 11:21:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Find out here.

jiva
#12 Posted : 2/4/2019 11:35:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

pete666 wrote:
Find out here.

thank you, i did not know that spreadsheet existed!
Big grin

endlessness
#13 Posted : 2/4/2019 3:05:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think the wash would be the problem....

My current hypothesis is the Denied Breakthrough type of issue... You think that is possible?

jiva
#14 Posted : 2/4/2019 4:31:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

My current hypothesis is the Denied Breakthrough type of issue... You think that is possible?

i thought about it a lot, but i am pretty sure this is not the case.
yesterday i tested a fresh batch of dmt, the extraction was done without a wash and without any re-x: it was really strong and intense. no breakthrough but that was not my goal for the test.