We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Hyperspace Lexicon work thread Options

kaos.underwave
#41 Posted : 11/22/2009 2:57:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Camera-mode:

the condition of being unable to think; only able to perceive

[a giant blue thing told me STOP THINKING! JUST WATCH! and I had no choice in following this command, I felt like a camera, empty and yet full of the incredible moment]

anyone else get this?
also I don't see 'launching' and 'launchpad' officially recognised...and these are in popular use,
Onwards and upwards

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

areyouanywhere
#42 Posted : 11/22/2009 8:21:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

kaos.underwave wrote:
Camera-mode:

the condition of being unable to think; only able to perceive

[a giant blue thing told me STOP THINKING! JUST WATCH! and I had no choice in following this command, I felt like a camera, empty and yet full of the incredible moment]

anyone else get this?
also I don't see 'launching' and 'launchpad' officially recognised...and these are in popular use,

Instead of camera-mode, how about "thoughtless awareness"?

kaos.underwave
#43 Posted : 11/26/2009 4:50:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah I see where your going with that... camera-mode is really basic and crude... but I don't like the apathetic associations of 'thoughtless' no matter how accurate it seems.

"Silent awareness" seems a good synthesis, don't you think?

thanks areyouanywhere, first post?
Onwards and upwards

shoe
#44 Posted : 12/4/2009 3:40:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Audio plasticity - When the crazy hyperspace sounds and words become entangled in the hallucination. For example; "wow" stretched and split into a thousand million other little 'wow's with perfect glitching audio clarity - then all the little wows dissapeared each into their own respective cell of the alex grey "dying" artwork.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

idtravlr
#45 Posted : 12/6/2009 4:40:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
Audio plasticity - When the crazy hyperspace sounds and words become entangled in the hallucination. For example; "wow" stretched and split into a thousand million other little 'wow's with perfect glitching audio clarity - then all the little wows dissapeared each into their own respective cell of the alex grey "dying" artwork.

I love it! I've often wondered if this phenomenon has something to do with sound trying to travel across dimensions. One would think it would have to get stretched, twisted and rearranged when doing so.

Peace!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

shoe
#46 Posted : 12/6/2009 6:11:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
shoe wrote:

I love it! I've often wondered if this phenomenon has something to do with sound trying to travel across dimensions. One would think it would have to get stretched, twisted and rearranged when doing so.

Peace!
-idt

I love that. I'd just like to point out that what you said makes absoloutely no sense. First of all, if this place is a seperate dimension, we access it through raising the level of our awareness, which biologically speaking, happens inside the brain. There is no way for sound to travel from the higher planes into our EARS, man! lmao
shoe

idtravlr
#47 Posted : 12/6/2009 6:34:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
idtravlr wrote:
shoe wrote:

Peace!
-idt

I love that. I'd just like to point out that what you said makes absoloutely no sense. First of all, if this place is a seperate dimension, we access it through raising the level of our awareness, which biologically speaking, happens inside the brain. There is no way for sound to travel from the higher planes into our EARS, man! lmao

The sound isn't being received by our ears. It's being received by audio senses in our higher consciousness, just like what we see is being received by visual senses in our higher consciousness. You don't need eyes to see, or *sound* (EDIT: I mean ears) to hear brother.

But even if this wasn't the case, sound travels in waves, just as light does, and any wave can appear distorted and manipulated when observed in a dimension beyond our 3D limitations. What you just stated is awfully over simplified. Hahaha! You're a goofy cat Shoe. I believe you have a PHD in Quantum Physics, isn't that right? You should know this! Laughing Rolling eyes

Peace,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

shoe
#48 Posted : 12/6/2009 6:41:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a really interesting area of discussion!
Although the whole idea of having a higher consiousness kinda mutes any idea of receiving sound, as you said,
"don't need eyes to see or sound to hear" I just wanted to point out that in order to hear there has to be
gas, somekind of medium for the sound waves to travel though. I don't think such a thing exists in hyperspace;
it seems to be purely a dimension of magic and mind. Infact the whole idea of hyperspace being physical,
- which is my point - is just wrong. Clearly, hyperspace is not physical.

Edit: Totally off-topic
shoe

idtravlr
#49 Posted : 12/6/2009 7:16:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

shoe wrote:
This is a really interesting area of discussion!
Although the whole idea of having a higher consiousness kinda mutes any idea of receiving sound, as you said,
"don't need eyes to see or sound to hear" I just wanted to point out that in order to hear there has to be
gas, somekind of medium for the sound waves to travel though. I don't think such a thing exists in hyperspace;
it seems to be purely a dimension of magic and mind. Infact the whole idea of hyperspace being physical,
- which is my point - is just wrong. Clearly, hyperspace is not physical.

Edit: Totally off-topic

Yep. Definitely a bigger topic for further discussion, but since this is off topic as you stated, perhaps I will start a new thread in the philosophy area.

Peace!
-idt

-Terence McKenna

kaos.underwave
#50 Posted : 12/8/2009 7:01:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not keep it here? Is it really off topic?

"1. Propose an aspect of hyperspace to define, please explain the aspect you are talking about to the best of your ability so others may help in forming a definition we can agree on."

Especially since the debate seems to result at least partly from the terms you use to put your concepts across. 'Dimension' for example, could represent an independent physical space, or 'a dimension of magic and mind'

It isn't unreasonable to say that sound gets twisted when trying to travel across dimensions. All our perceptions are processed in some way, unnecessary information censored, things rearranged... The sound we normally experience is twisted into electrical and chemical representations before we even experience it.

Define your aspects!
Onwards and upwards

shoe
#51 Posted : 12/14/2009 7:48:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The sound is electrochemical impulses as we experience it. There is no futher processing than the neurons of the brain. Weird huh? Consiousness is like a spider with its legs in the web of the brain...
shoe

freethinker
#52 Posted : 12/14/2009 8:47:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Regardless of how or if sound travels across dimensions, I just wanted to chime in that I like "audio plasticity" a lot. I think it's a keeper and definitely resonates with anyone who's experienced it (pun intended....). Razz

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

coalescentdivide
#53 Posted : 2/18/2010 3:26:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

A term I've coined and been using for years

The Godsmack - A suprisingly strong dose of DMT solely from a thickly resinated pipe. Some of the unusual effects may be due to DMT-oxide or jungle spice built up in the bowl, resulting in the feeling as if God has reached down from the heavens and bitch smacked the bejesus out of you.
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." -Blake

rawmo
#54 Posted : 2/23/2010 1:50:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Has anyone here read Prof Benny Shanons "The Antipodes of the Mind: Charting the Phenomenology of the Ayahuasca Experience"

It has a really good system for standardized descriptions for Ayahuasca with may be able to be retrofitted into the Lexicon.

here's a link to check it [read it] on Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/An...id=1266932763&sr=8-1

and google books [so you can get the pages that each one misses]

http://books.google.co.n...epage&q=&f=false

Anyone else think this could be a good idea to link in with an already developed system [and by a professional in the field]?

rawmo
#55 Posted : 2/23/2010 1:58:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just put some new definitions up on the wiki for approval / comment Smile

TmC47
#56 Posted : 7/7/2010 10:56:06 PM

Nice guy

Wow, so much time has passed. My 2 cents, then:

Gem-gobbed, gem-gob (possibly without the dash): the sensation of the mouth being full of small gem-like stones, rolling against the teeth and to the back of the throat up to the point where breathing becomes difficult. Very disconcerting and hindering a smooth transition into either Hyperspace or Candyland.

Actually, it's what got me stuck on the 30mg level for months. Man, it REALLY felt like a mouth full of luxury-gravel. I could literally HEAR them racking at my teeth. That is, until I realized it was just a little bit of frothy saliva in my mouth, where air-bubbles became the gems. Every sensation of it felt magnified dozen-fold. Now, I swallow all moisture from my mouth before I hit the pipe. I do forget it sometimes though....... hate it when that happens!
benzyme wrote:
you're preparing drugs, not salad.

Mystic Cannibal
#57 Posted : 7/11/2010 8:10:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I suggest people try to come up for terms according to different dose levels or levels of highness from threshold to breakthrough and whatever is beyond but nobody can remember. Terms like in Pihkal with the scale but specific to DMT, ayahuasca terms should probably have a place here too.

I have one term people could use I dont know if it has be given a word yet but

- Dysnomia the state of knowing that is beyond words, the feeling of awareness of something that is ineffable, or the feeling as in the sensation of tip of the tongueness where you feel you should know the word but cannot think of what it is. Related to Platos theory of Anamnesis that we do not learn things we remember them, Dysnomia being that which we remember before we can put it into words or logical awareness. Also related to Dysnomia the Greek Goddess of lawlessness in that the knowing which is ineffable is fundamentally beyond the confines of language (Dysnomia also being a real disorder where people cannot remember words) boundless to all constrictions and yet open to endless interpretation or personal customization, IE Ontological Anarchy, that which can become all things to all people through language, the root of all knowing and language.

- Dysnomian someone in the state of Dysnomia

Thats kinda a long and perhaps multifaceted definition but many words have more then one aspect to it.

I also suggest people try to think of specific aspects of consciousness that are created by DMT (if you can) or portions of the mind that involve cognition.
Having a zoological definition of the different entities may be useful too, to see how many people are seeing the same creatures.
Perhaps Hyperspace could be mapped by creating different names for areas that have predominant colors, so that if green is the most predominant color you would be in the ----- region of hyperspace though obviously there are going to be a lot of colors and some trips will not have any one color predominating.

Someone should also probably come up with a term for the buzzing noise some people experience right as they are blasting off.

A term could be created for the force of will that allows one to move through hyperspace.

I suggest people not worry about using english words to create phrases and just create new words completely like

Gerspemkindiggel - The desire to come up with words for things

Strange Gray Static Mayan Pattern
#58 Posted : 8/23/2010 4:34:41 PM

Nameless

I usually get this one, can anyone relate?

Mello Jello Body. Specially when moving physically in the experience, the loss of certain perceptions of your body and/or gaining of new perceptions of it, by dissolving the boundaries between your body and the Hyperspace. For example, the complete lack of joints or feeling elements or aspects from the Hyperspace as an extension of your body.
DMT T-Shirts, badges, mugs...
Comments by SGSMP are fantastic fabrications.

Shayku
#59 Posted : 8/23/2010 7:23:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Planting a flag : When the traveller sees something in hyperspace that seems important, and makes a conscious effort to remember it. This is often done at the cost of some meditative focus, and can be impossible at higher doses. It is analogous to pulling out a camera when having fun with friends.

Slipping out : The movement instigated when the traveller suddenly remembers consensual reality and/or his body and becomes worried about things like breath, fire, friends, etc. The traveller then attempts to crawl his way back to reality with a level of success that depends on the intensity of the trip (dosage) and mental insistance.
SWIM is Spartacus!

The things posted on DMT-Nexus by Shayku are generally false. They are for entertainment purposes only.

kaos.underwave
#60 Posted : 8/24/2010 9:29:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nice one shayku, do you have a certain technique for planting flags?
Onwards and upwards

PREV1234NEXT