We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Repotting catha edulis Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 2/2/2019 1:06:20 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

My lovely khat plant has once again outgrown its pot. Its about half a meter high with perhaps 40 branches from regular pruning. I recently moved to an area in a different climate zone with temps between -2c to almost 50c so the plant has to remain in a pot as i dont think it will like the colder temps and may have to be moved inside during the coldest parts of winter.
A pot about 1meter high with a diameter of 1meter or so will be used. What types of soil mixture should be used ? I have a fair amount of experience with this but my plant doesnt grow as fast as i believe is possible. Suggestions ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Coja
#2 Posted : 3/8/2019 2:36:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In it's native habitat it grows into a small tree, but you're not likely to get there in a pot or in an environment with freezing temperatures. The only specifics I recall on this one as far as soil goes is that, as with many arid region plants, you should have well drained soil, and I've long ago read that crushed volcanic soil (available from hydroponics/grow shops in the US as a soil medium mineral additive) will provide minerals that will help with the alkaloid production. No idea if the volcanic soil additive makes any difference, but a small bag doesn't cost much and it just makes sense to have a well drained soil.

Still waiting to hear if anyone's had experience combining a khat quid with the resinous/basic preparations that taste somewhat of anise used for coca chewing in the Andes ... I suspect that could have some efficacy in alkaloid absorption from a quid.