We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psychedelic Meditation Options

OneIsEros
#1 Posted : 2/1/2019 6:40:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a document I decided to make after I mentioned my own practice of psychedelic meditation, and somebody asked for more details. I've been doing this for over a year now, and it has been amazing. It is worth the effort.

---update---
Based on my experience, I have found that some drugs are helpful for breath mindfulness meditation, and some are not. Although of course, all psychedelics are hard to meditate on - you have to be pretty good at meditating to master sustained focus during these experience, although doing so will deepen both your meditation and the psychedelic experience.

Helpful:
---Ayahuasca
---Mushrooms
---Caffeine (helps to be alert)

Probably helpful? Never tried:
---INSUFFLATED 5-MeO-DMT (sounds similar to ayahuasca with more emphasis on unity than visions).
---SUBLINGUAL 5-HO-DMT

Maybe helpful? Never tried:
---ibogaine (apparently the African indigenous people traditionally used it to stay still for hours without discomfort at night while hunting).

---mescaline

NOT helpful:
---vaporized DMT (getting shot out of a cannon does not help anapanasati)

---vaporized 5-MeO-DMT (getting shot out of a cannon does not help anapanasati)

---LSD (too stimulating and scattered - hard to settle down and focus. AWESOME for yoga if you can keep your shit together in a yoga class or if you know yoga well enough to do your routine though!)

---MDMA (might work for some people but for me it was too stimulating and just plagued my meditation with a sense of "this is physically bad for me" ).

---Cannabis (might work for some people, but it is simply distracting and cloudy in comparison to serotonergic psychedelics in my experience).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

OneIsEros
#2 Posted : 2/1/2019 8:21:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

PDF version

grollum
#3 Posted : 2/8/2019 10:54:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting this.
I just overflew it and one thing I would change is the word drug.
This has a negative connotation and is not very specific.
Entheogen, psychedelic, hallucinogen or similar would be a better choice in my opinion.