We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sublingual Harmalas - Dosage/HCl/FB ? Options

Brennendes Wasser
#1 Posted : 1/28/2019 1:28:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Hello!

Sorry to open another thread, but I found contradictory information.

If one wants to use Harmalas Sublingual, I was told that 30 mg is a good number.

But then someone told that 50 mg *even nearly feels like oral Harmala*.

I guess he means that it feels like the standard dose for full inhibition, meaning 200 mg Harmalas.

But I even WANT this full inhibition dose and therefore I search for the Sublingual dosage of this, which would be equivalent.

So does this mean that 30 mg alone will just be enough to get a worthy effect, but indeed NOT the full potential, compared to 200 mg Harmalas orally administrered?

And second Question:

Of course I would definetly say it's advised to use the HCl-Harmalas, as you want to get them into your system as fast as possible (or maybe freebase wont be absorbed at all, if not water soluble).

But I read somewhere that one told to use the Freebase.

So what is your own experience / argument?

THXXXXX

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Tony6Strings
#2 Posted : 1/28/2019 1:35:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I read somewhere that the reason for not using fb for sublingual is because of the ph, it's supposedly not good for your teeth?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Brennendes Wasser
#3 Posted : 1/28/2019 3:07:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Hmmm I really would not think that it would really be actually corrosive, but of course there is a point, the Freebase is way more off to be pH-neutral than an Alkaloid Salt.

But I also want to focus on the idea: People who tell to use freebase (if there are any), how will this ever be absorbed, if Freebase is totally non-water-soluble?

I read that *Salt form hits harder/faster*, but this would mean that Freebase still hits nevertheless?

But if this statement above is correct, then I assume that I should definetly use the Salt Form?

Tony6Strings
#4 Posted : 1/29/2019 3:04:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very good point. I have harmala freebase from rue which is not soluble in anything, not even 91% iso. I know because I just tried, I wanted to make changa. The alkaloids do not dissolve in anything. What to do?
olympus mon wrote:
You need to hit it with intention to get where you want to be!

"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky..." -Hendrix

"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

Brennendes Wasser
#5 Posted : 1/29/2019 5:03:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Well ... Bro the thing is there are 100000s of threads of *How do I dissolve my Harmalas ??1*

And everywhere you get the answer: Just use hot Ethanol or even slightly better hot Methanol.

And what can I totally say to you: it does NOT work!

YES I tried both and YES I heated both until they start boiling and NO they did not dissolve it or at least so less that I may still say: No relevant dissolving observed.

Okay, there must have been all those guys who really got them dissolved in those solvents, but just as far as I can tell myself, it did not work for myself. And therefore I am left with the conclusion that they simply do not dissolve (in anything I ever tried).

I also tried DMSO and CDCl3 and it did not work.

So what do I do now:

I place the herbs in a bowl where they form only 1 layer, meaning that the ground of the bowl is covered, but there are not layers of 2 of more herbs (this cant be 100%ly achieved, but from a rough guess).

And then I just throw the harmalas on into the bowl, trying to cover it the most evenly. They land on top of everything and if you do not shake the bowl, they will not fall around and sink to the ground.

Evaporating everything will make MOST of the Harmalas stay on your leaves and as you only got 1 row of leaves, no leaves below are left with nothing.

Yes it is not exact science, but it is still a very good solution, therefore it works out well enough.

But: I may advice not to create Changa, but to create enhanced Leaf (no MAOI added) and then just EAT your Harmalas 30 minutes before the session.

Dosage ~ 200 mg HCl form is good.

It has a lot benefits (and NO disadvantages), so this is a much better way to go. I really encourage you to go this route, even if you WOULD be able to fully dissolve your harmalas.