We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Newbie questions about evap and solvent Options

Wanderer8421
#1 Posted : 1/23/2019 6:42:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello everybodySmile so background
- 50g lye
- 50g MHRB
- 30ML NAPTHA
- 750ML RO H2O

So the wanderer is on his 7th pull(still getting snow globes...) And the wanderer has 2 simple questions

1: all the naptha that has been freeze parcip'd has been poured into a Pyrex mesuring cup. As pictured it is inside a heavy duty ziplockbag and left inside at room temp. Will the naptha evaporate inside the sealed ziplock bag if Its aired out every night?

2: after the 6th pull, no naptha was added back into the mother flask as it was thought there would be no need for a 7th pull... Well... Bam... Snow globe once again... So there has been about 5 ML naptha in the mother for the past 3 days as the wanderer has been busy withdrawing from caffine (finally almost free!!) Is it okay to add 25ml naptha and INSTANTLY preform a pull? Or does the wanderer need to wait a couple hours as that 5ml couldn't hold that much alkaloids...

ETC: so far the wanderer has pulled about 200mg of beautifully pure nn-dmt which seems a bit low for pulling once a day for so many days... any tips to speed up yeild? Much research has been done here and all pointers are basically inconclusive.. I will experiment with salt and etc but pointers would be appreciated!!Smile
Wanderer8421 attached the following image(s):
IMG_20190122_221545552_BURST001.jpg (4,214kb) downloaded 46 time(s).
IMG_20190114_095319930.jpg (3,517kb) downloaded 46 time(s).
1548225936927262962978293614065.jpg (4,159kb) downloaded 47 time(s).
And IF you go in, should you turn left or right... or right-and-three-quarters? Or, maybe, not quite? Or go around back and sneak in from behind? Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind. ~ Dr. Suess

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

red291113
#2 Posted : 1/23/2019 11:57:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Good Morning Traveler,,forgive me if I'm a little off here but its 6:48am here and I'm still waking up sipping my morning joeSmile
First off,,with your information,,did you only use 35ml Naptha in 'Total'?
How much Naptha are you using per pull?
Did you allow your 'Mother Flask" to sit in hot/warm water bath for a few hours first?
Did u freeze/thaw your bark prior to extraction?
some of these things may not be necessary ,but I'm trying to get a more detailed idea of what u have going on first.
to answer your ? abut the Solvent in the Pyrex inside a Ziplock ,,well I'm not too sure to answer that 100%,,but I do know if you put some Cling Wrap or Saranwrap over the top nice and fit,it will not evap or stick to the wrap,,I do that and maybe here and there I will see a drop on the wrap,,but tiny as a grain of salt..
congrats on the success thus far and the spice on your pic looks greatThumbs up
Positive Vibes and Love,,,
Life is Love & Love is Life

Wanderer8421
#3 Posted : 1/24/2019 7:00:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for the reply red!!! Okay to answer your questionsSmile

- 30 ML naptha was put into the basic MHRB solution 2 hours after initially mixing the h20 lye and mhrb. After 3 hours of twirling it every hour I made my first pull of 25 ML. After the pull, 25 ML of fresh naptha was returned to the mother. Then every day after that there was one pull using same method.

- this particular extraction used zero heat and was stored in a location of 74 degrees F. 3 years ago a mother was sitting in a crock pot water bath with controlled temp... It was forgoten the exact temperature used... but was getting more yellow tinted pulls with that method so It was determined for this first extraction in a long time it would be best to start simple as possible. The wanderer plans on making his method more complex to get better yeild more efficiently and effectively. The wanderer thinks the mhrb 3 years ago was by far worse quality than the root bark he has now.... So hot water bath might be effective.
-the wanderer has stored the rest of my bark in a cold dark place for now. It is not pre powdered and hopefully that means it degrades much slower? The extraction was started the day the bark was received! first powdered the 50g in a Vitamix blenderSmile thank you for the compliment!! The wanderer is thinking the small yellow Crystal is just a bit of oxide... it was removed anyways lol. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!! Much Love!!!
And IF you go in, should you turn left or right... or right-and-three-quarters? Or, maybe, not quite? Or go around back and sneak in from behind? Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind. ~ Dr. Suess