We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Changa Options

Trev_sunyata
#1 Posted : 1/20/2019 3:10:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Changa is typically a mix of herbs containing an maoi, but doesn't that affect your stomach and how food is digested? Making it so that the stomach acid doesn't destroy oral dmt? So how is smoking an maoi going to effect smoking dmt?

I made a few types of herbal infused spice, one of which had an maoi herb plus some extracted maoi if I remember correctly. Of the 3 blends, they all were very different in effect with (maybe by my own mental influence) each blend having it's own feel and theme every time smoked, but the maoi containing one didn't really seem like it was extra special or anything. I remember the of the others had wormwood and blue lotus, another had peppermint and mullein.
Life I so boring when one is forced to abide by the rules. We fear breaking the rules. Let's play pretend. A whole universe where we can do anything which interests us. I am a poorly trained, chemistry inclined and severely drug addicted dolphin. I only exist as a cyber-tulpa and I do have a few 'super powers'... So yeah... Hmu we'll party.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Asher7
#2 Posted : 1/20/2019 5:45:11 AM

Professional Tracker

You have mao in areas of you body other than just your stomach. I’m a little hazy on all the locations but lungs are one so they affect that mao the same as in your gut, according to my understanding. That’s the short answer at least.

Kagutsuchi
#3 Posted : 1/20/2019 10:31:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Your stomach is rich in MAO so it degrades the spice you take orally except if an inhibitor is used. Your lungs have much less of that enzyme, also absorption is much faster from them . But in the end, MAO is the enzyme that degrades DMT do if you smoke changa, the MAOI makes the experience last longer.

Trev_sunyata
#4 Posted : 1/23/2019 7:26:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, new question, on making the enhanced leaf.
I used a non maoi leaf to facilitate a less altered experience for some uninitiated people, I don't want them getting the elongated maoi trip their first time and expecting that for future experiences, plus I just used what I already had on hand.
Wormwood (40%)+ Blue Lotus (30%) + Calia Z (25%) + Spice = Van Goh's Dream. At 490mg herb to >350mg Spice making an 50mg dose in 120mg of material estimate.
(I know that these herbs especially have properties capable of altering the experience, but at this small of quantity, their active chemicals won't take effect, but it is believed by some that the essence of any leaf used will be accentuated during the trip. Almost like it lightly 'flavors' the spice.)

Anyway, my question:

I just melted the spice, dissolved in acetone and emersed the leaf.
But how do I know my full dose is in the once dry?
I notice crystals form around physical impurities, does this mean that the spice will attach to the leaves as it evaporates?
Or will it just fall in an even layer collecting on any bare glass showing and needing scraped up after?

Will it help be sure I got everything on the leaf evenly if, after it dries to add bit more acetone and stir then dry again?

Edit:wow acetone dries fast! Or maybe the leaf sucked it all up. There seemed to be some stuff on the glass so I went ahead and re covered it in acetone so I can try to stir a few times while it's drying this time
Life I so boring when one is forced to abide by the rules. We fear breaking the rules. Let's play pretend. A whole universe where we can do anything which interests us. I am a poorly trained, chemistry inclined and severely drug addicted dolphin. I only exist as a cyber-tulpa and I do have a few 'super powers'... So yeah... Hmu we'll party.

FranLover
#5 Posted : 1/23/2019 8:37:00 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Hi TrevSmile You do not need to add solvent. The dmt dissolved in the solvent, then the solvent wrapped around the herbs, then the solvent evaporates and the dmt remains on the leaves. Please youse Everclear, Acetone is disgustingCrying or very sad

Now wait for it to dry well. Pass it onto a larger surface area (a little glass bowl) and hit it with a fan a couple hours. If it is wet it will taste like your solvent (excrutiating.)

Harmalas when smoked completley intensify the trip. Its a whole other flavour. If you have harmine/harmaline mix it will probably haze you quite a bit. I love dmt so I could do without. But I always smoke with harmalas. Its a waste not to. The thing is discovering the personal amount of harmalas to reach the right place. But yeah...30-40minute trips. 15-20min peaks. Its insane. Of course there is little quality at the end, but thats a nice time to wake up and smoke a joint.

Once dry, please let me know how that blend is...what trip you got. Write a trip report.

P.S; Have recently began thinking that Mullein is a must in a blend because it actually carries the dmt because of its absorbent properties and molecular structure. Other herbs dont carry dmt so well...I believe thin and grinded leaves like Lemon Bee Balm or Mate are bad ar carrying dmt.

Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Trev_sunyata
#6 Posted : 1/24/2019 4:23:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree, mullein is a good carrier, I have some but when I made these last time I believe I preferred this one even though it was a bit less intense. I used mullein with peppermint and passion flower, and an additional passionflower extract laid on it.
My first time using that, I thought, wow, I've been having immersive CEV got quite a while, I'm going to see if I come out, how I feel. I opened my eyes to rainbows and jungle patterns then when I moved, I face planted into my bed, laughed and peaked for another 10 or 15 minutes.

I will do an maoi mix next, possibly with my jungle spice.

I will try to report back on this experience.
This bottle of acetone, Sunnyside, said no residue. Everything seems dry, I'm currently scrapping up the faint waxy dmt layer on the glass, still giving it another 12 hours at least to dry after scrapping. But there is no oily residue from the acetone or anything, why do you say it's not good? I hadn't researched into them much this time around but years back when I first took up this hobby, acetone was the easily procured ideal while iso was looked down on. I could get vodka and make anhydrous but did a test evap of acetone and it seemed clean enough. I know I couldn't tell the difference when I used iso years back.

Asher7
#7 Posted : 1/24/2019 6:07:23 AM

Professional Tracker

From reading around it seems acetone in the form of nail polish remover can contain bitters and won’t evap clean even though in giant text it can say 100% Acetone. Well, it’s not. Acetone from hardware stores can evap clean. Since you tested it you’re most likely fine. The aversion to it probably has to do with harshness and horrible fumes etc. As long as it evaps clean you shouldn’t be ingesting any of it.

The pros of everclear is you can sip you solvent as you play Mickey Mouse with all your smoke blends.Cool

FranLover
#8 Posted : 1/25/2019 1:35:12 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Trev_sunyata wrote:
My first time using that, I thought, wow, I've been having immersive CEV got quite a while, I'm going to see if I come out, how I feel. I opened my eyes to rainbows and jungle patterns then when I moved, I face planted into my bed, laughed and peaked for another 10 or 15 minutes.

That sure sounds like a splendid momentPleased ...ah, why does it have to end.
Acetone is fine, I just rather use something that is food safe. Naphta is the only chemical I use in the whole process, and hopefully one day a more natural solvent shall be discovered. Then again I smoke ciggaretes, so Im basically full of shit Laughing
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.