We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Odd experience while attempting to access my body’s natural DMT.(using marijuana) Options

DMT”high on life?”
#1 Posted : 1/14/2019 2:20:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I’m new here, and sort of new to the DMT idea, I was in my room last night, and had an odd experience. Although the experience didn’t actually take place until after I slept for six hours.

So, to explain, I have a strategy, and I’m not saying it is a totally drug free strategy, although it does not require ayahuasca or DMT, I was on the verge of “greening out” which is kinda tough to explain, but I believe that “green out state, may actually be some sort of activation in the pineal.”
I was meditating while high, listening to DMT music, just on YouTube which I find helps your brain with stimulation, as I’m sure many can agree upon, Mr.Mackenna, thinks that once you ingest enough marijuana, you may be able to produce enough melatonin, for your brain to naturally start production of DMT while you are awake.
Last night or this morning, after I meditated, I proceeded to go to sleep, had an extremely lucid dream about falling off a cliff, but instead of waking up before impacting the ground, I hit the ground, essentially “died” in my dream, and then woke up. This for some reason, must have caused a large release of what I believe was definetly DMT, into my system, and again, only drug I’ve done other than marijuana was 0.2 grams of MDMA, and felt no effects. I was not on MDMA at the time, and since I had just woke up, I was not high on marijuana either, and have never woke up high before.
Anyways, when I woke up, there was, DMT like hallucinationss happening, and sounds, and I was woozy, couldn’t walk, when I got up to go to the bathroom, at first I sat up, just my soul sat up, and then my body, and then the room was dark again, and I was normal, but still off balance, and a bit confused.
Not sure if this is useful, but I talked to an entity that claimed to be Anubis, while I was meditating, not during the visual, and when I went into the living room, I heard an odd laugh, felt a weird rush through my body, and the woozy off balance traits wore off.
Any ideas? Or thoughts? I’m not sure what to think I’ve never done DMT like I said.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

PsyDuckmonkey
#2 Posted : 1/14/2019 2:32:16 PM

witch

Have you ever taken actual DMT? If not, you probably don't even know what DMT is like, so saying 'definitely DMT', or 'DMT hallucinations' doesn't make sense. I mean, if I were an American from the Midwest, who's only ever been to Midwest cities, and I've never been to Berlin, just heard of it and seen a few photos, and then someone drops me off in Vienna... and I wander around, see all the German signs, the European neoclassical architecture, and I'm like 'wow this is definitely Berlin without a doubt'. Only it's not.

You don't get confused and woozy on DMT. You get... well... it's hard to describe. But certainly none of what you described. The pineal gland does not produce DMT at all. There's a complicated pathway for the production, storage and activation of endogenous DMT in the body, but it's mostly tied to the lung. Seriously, not joking. The primary role of endogenous DMT is to protect our nervous system when we're low on oxygen.

McKenna sure had a few weird ideas. He's a big name in psychonautica, but I wouldn't take his word at face value in terms of biology, lol. Smoking lots of weed certainly won't make you trip on DMT. Nor will music or binaural beats. Some breathing exercises (as I said, lungs, oxygen, etc.) though, can raise endogenous DMT.

I'm not trying to deny your experience. I've had pretty deep visions from pure mystical practice, no drugs involved at all. That said, it probably had little to do with DMT.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

DMT”high on life?”
#3 Posted : 1/14/2019 2:41:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Like I said, haven’t taken DMT, but I have been doing research, and you made a lot of sense with different country thing, and I can agree that I may not have experienced anything close to related to DMT, but the main thing I was curious about, is that, usually when you dream, if you are going to die, you wake up before you hit the ground or what not right? But I hit the ground, and I’m wondering if since I was in a lucid dream, maybe my awake side of the brain was tricked into thinking I died, or passed over, and that stimulated it, I didn’t pay attention, I just woke up seein shot, and it scared me, because it wasn’t something that ever happened, and the closest thokmg that relates, is what people have said about DMT, and I plan on trying it, but I want to make sure I have a person/guide, and do it all totally correct, so that I get the most helpful, and altering experience I can. Like, I’m not really scared about the physical, I just am not 100% sure how it will leave me mentally, and that’s a little scary. And some new study’s show, your pinneal may actually produce it, but only when your asleep or something, I can’t say for sure though, but what can we say is for sure? No one is gonna have the exact same experience, because we are all different people?
And to clear up the woozy, it happened after and I have a cold, so that might explain the groggy ness, but the visuals were just kinda bubbly, almost like it wanted to make shapes, or my brain wanted to comprehend something, maybe that’s where the DMT is needed?
And, I cannot say one way or the other what actually caused me to have this odd experience, I cannot day for sure it was DMT, but from what my fiends told me after they did it, was the same odd woozy feeling once it was gone, maybe I just have some placebo from that explanation, the brain is odd like that one person gets drunk, other people get “fake drunk” aswell, but until I do the actual DMT, I’m just looking to see what people who have actually done DMT think of what I experienced maybe it was like a micro dosage? Not enough to stimulate a breakthrough but enough to stimulate the intial concept of a DMT trip/journey?

PsyDuckmonkey
#4 Posted : 1/14/2019 3:55:34 PM

witch

Yea that's not what DMT is like. Even a small dose of DMT is definitely DMT. It's quite unlike anything else. Very happy You'll see when you try. You should listen to your feelings, whether it's 'time' to do it or no. Generally, it's a good idea to study, and to have a tripsitter, but it will be pretty wild no matter the preparation.

The pineal thing is old as heck, only reiterated in pseudoscientific circles over and over. DMT is not what produces dreams. It's a fallacy. Still, that doesn't detract anything from the value of any exercise or experience, it's just good to know the real science. Smile
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

DMT”high on life?”
#5 Posted : 1/14/2019 4:01:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, I suppose maybe I just had a bad sleep.

Also, as far as knowing when it is “time” would it be reasonable to say that; if your brain is curios, and it’s on your mind all the time, like your brain is wondering what it is going to do? Is that a sign of my feelings indicating that I should try it? Or is that just my brain wanting to know because I don’t?

Just a side note, this post says it’s posted at 10:01AM, but it’s still 9:50 AM here...... weird

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 1/14/2019 9:23:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Curiously enough, I've also dreamt that I've fallen off a cliff and hit the ground. It really hurt and I'd rather I'd woken up, especially as I was lying there terribly broken, wondering how my detached arm could be fixed. So I'd say the claim that you'll always wake up after hitting the ground doesn't hold.

For those that observe that I survived the fall in the dream - I'll add this: on a separate occasion I dreamt that I was already dead - for whatever reason - and I was stuck in the realm of the living. Most of the dream was taken up with my various attempts at communicating with my still-living friends.

Neither of these instances were related to any kind of contemporaneous drug use.

Quote:
Just a side note, this post says it’s posted at 10:01AM, but it’s still 9:50 AM here...... weird

Maybe your clock is slow?

A further footnote: cannabis and mystical thinking make a good combination for leading oneself down a path of delusion.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

pseudofakee
#7 Posted : 1/14/2019 10:41:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

A further footnote: cannabis and mystical thinking make a good combination for leading oneself down a path of delusion.

Good posting Thumbs up

From my experience such a combination inevitably leads to clinging to ideas that subsequently need to be stripped away to progress 'spiritually' .
"My religion is not deceiving myself"
-Jetsun Milarepa

FranLover
#8 Posted : 1/15/2019 1:32:58 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Beautiful post and title my friendSmile very interesting. I musy say that Psyduck, who is soon to evolve to Golduck I believe, made a fine and obvious point (its obviousness not being discrediting since what is obvious is not always said); if one has not tried dmt one has nothing to compare it to.

However allow me to delve into the concept of dying in one's sleep and henceforth having a "trip." This trip is a trip. To call it dmt is unspecific, more so when we compare it to an actual dmt trip; similatities are not there. Its similar in that it is a trip and completley unkown...but what if there are other chemicals in the brain we know nothing about and that one day should be smoked like dmt? Perhaps we are experiencing something other than dmt.

If the brain can be fooled, and it can, into thinking it died, then perhaps it can create the afterlife, as the afterlife may lie in the processes of the brain (if dmt taught me anything it is this very possibility I speak of, the brain being all; not my brain or your brain, but all brains, the conecctions of networks and information; information of electromagnetism, of gravity, of the snake's skin pattern, of every flowers fibonacci sequence petal numbering, all this invisble information and inteligence, the source of creations, being the very creation; the brain, the mind.)

It has happened to me. As a boy I was in the backseat of my moms van being driven home after school. I fell asleep and had a realistic dream of the van driving off the road and into a lake; this road and lake existed and were a block from my home. What insued was a feeling of fear of dying; the van submerged and we all died. I felt like I died, like it was it. My mother and brothers spirit began to manifest out of the sunken car, taken by aquatic entities. And then blue furred aquatic gorillas came to "atack us." They wanted to eat us like a lot. Very thirsty for our departing souls they were. It was terrifying and the most realistic, in there dream I ever had. A child's imagination proceses, the power of its brain to wander and learn, is amazing. I remember I haf been very tired after school that day, exhausted almost.

And on the matter of cannabis; it is beautiful and psychedelic and Mckenna is amazing and what he said about the melatonin is entertaining and its so like him to say something like that. Have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flwyJEWwcbE Laughing
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Psilosopher?
#9 Posted : 1/15/2019 6:50:16 AM

Don't Panic

All i'll say, and i think every psychonaut can agree with this, is that no amount of reading, listening to trip reports or "study" of DMT can prepare one for an actual DMT trip. It's like being born blind, and having a kaleidoscope described verbally to you. Then you're thrust into the heart of the kaleidoscope, and your eyesight is magically restored. Your visual acuity goes beyond the superhuman realm, where you can see EVERYTHING in all of existence without having to move your head. Utterly complete perception and awareness.

I've smoked a lot of ganja, and it's nowhere near the same.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."

DMT”high on life?”
#10 Posted : 1/16/2019 10:00:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Psilosopher? wrote:
All i'll say, and i think every psychonaut can agree with this, is that no amount of reading, listening to trip reports or "study" of DMT can prepare one for an actual DMT trip. It's like being born blind, and having a kaleidoscope described verbally to you. Then you're thrust into the heart of the kaleidoscope, and your eyesight is magically restored. Your visual acuity goes beyond the superhuman realm, where you can see EVERYTHING in all of existence without having to move your head. Utterly complete perception and awareness.

I've smoked a lot of ganja, and it's nowhere near the same.

Ok so anyone ever tried looking through a callidascope while on DMT? Just an interesting thought, and as far as I’d say, yes I agree, probably going to ease into psilocybin first to show my brain what a ohsycakdelli trip is, so I can have a general idea, of what could happen, probably not LSD, I’m not really a fan of drugs that aren’t basically from the earth.

Dreamstate1151
#11 Posted : 1/22/2019 3:20:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I find it hard to believe DMT has nothing to do with dreaming, I've had small doses and big ones and all have left me yawning , not mildy .. alot , I feel like I just woke up from a long 6 hour sleep yawning so much eyes get teary

I'm not going to say I think it's only DMT but there has to be a reason your body feels like it's slept awhile, I've had dreams about previous journeys too very sharp visuals and memory isn't so blocked as it usually is. There's to many similarities between deep dreaming (astral traveling) and vaped DMT

Don't take my word , this is my own opinion and I'd like to know if anyone else feels like that post blast off

Jupitor
#12 Posted : 1/22/2019 3:40:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The closest I've come to conjuring a psychedelic state without the aid of a drug was when I attended a Holotropic Breathwork session with the Stan Grof group. You use your breath to induce a visionary state. And given what PsyDuckmonkey said about endogenous DMT being linked to the lungs, it makes sense that it could be possible one is experiencing some endogenous DMT activity with this breathwork.

I found the state remarkably similar to the "afterglow" one experiences at the very tail end of a trip, just as someone is coming down to almost baseline. Smoke maybe 3mg of DMT and it feels about the same.

Jackoval Trades
#13 Posted : 1/22/2019 4:54:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had a similar experience
I dreamed I was badly injured in a car crash, my leg was absurdly spurting blood. I woke up to billions of eyes in all directions looking directly at my center. They looked black and white, a little Alex grey-esque, they were overlayed on a cavernous spacey infinite background that curved around me. The vision lasted a few seconds only and then reality reformed

DMTBaba
#14 Posted : 1/22/2019 11:04:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:

Why would you say so?

DMTBaba
#15 Posted : 1/22/2019 11:05:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:

You don't get confused and woozy on DMT. You get... well... it's hard to describe. But certainly none of what you described. The pineal gland does not produce DMT at all. There's a complicated pathway for the production, storage and activation of endogenous DMT in the body, but it's mostly tied to the lung. Seriously, not joking. The primary role of endogenous DMT is to protect our nervous system when we're low on oxygen.

Hey, where can I read more about it? Any good sources?

Fidelsbeard
#16 Posted : 1/23/2019 9:17:57 AM

The Life You Ordered has Arrived

PsyDuckmonkey wrote:
The primary role of endogenous DMT is to protect our nervous system when we're low on oxygen.

Interesting...Low oxygen levels can cause altered states of consciousness Smile

doubledog
#17 Posted : 1/25/2019 7:10:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From my personal experience, DMT effect is not very similar to the state which we are experiencing during normal dreams.
The plant with mental effects almost identical to dreams is Datura.