We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Inquire chemical expertise for identifying synthetical DMT Options

Sinntetic
#21 Posted : 1/22/2019 5:11:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Smile Thank you for reply.
Well I'd say another reference for the free base would be excessive.

Citation of A.Shulgin
"As to melting points, some in the literature are of plant isolates and other are of synthetic samples. A brief and incomplete survey has revealed the following numbers, all in °C: 44, 44.6–46.8, 46, 47, 48–49, 49–50, 56–57, 57–59, 58–60, 64–67, 67 and 67–68. The 58–60 and 64–67 values are from the Aldrich Chemical Company, for samples bearing the purity claims of “puriss” and 99+% “Gold Label” resp. The Merck Index gives the very early, very low values of 46 °C and 44.6–46.8 °C and claimes claims that the bp is 60–80 °C with atmospheric pressure being implied. It is clearly in error on both matters. No evidence has been published suggesting polymorphism. The published mp values for the trimethyl quaternary iodide span the range from 188 °C to 233 °C, including in-between values of 197 °C and 216–217 °C. This physical property is of limited value."

What I would like you, or any other in position to do, is m.p. for oxalate as it is easy to get acid and would be a good second best reference point.

Melting point, maybe a picture, some basic properties would be a great contribution to the ever so empty oxalate page https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Dmt_oxalate Big grin

So whyle I wait for the DMT sample I might as well try to crystallize the base from hexane, but as I remember last time that was done there was some kind of a glitch when it crash layered out of solution as if it was water, sinking to the bottom and dissolving all the sediment with it.

Elrik, same Shulgins papers say that quaternary amine chloride can be dequaternized with hard heating.(If I get the idea right)
"N,N,N-trimethyltryptammonium chloride was complete. It had a mp of 193 °C (80%), and it is considerably more water soluble than the starting iodide. This salt was pyrolysed under hard vacuum and the residue distilled."

hell, you could even prepare it by streaming methyl chloride directly in IPA tryptamine, or maybe directly to decarboxilated tryptophan soup. (that all of course if the chloride react the same as iodide)Smile

The source for my sample say that chromatography tryptamine HCL grade was used, so no byproducts can come from there.

I'm still struggling to get fumaric acid, this is crazy Sad

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

PREV12