We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Need info Options

Dreamstate1151
#1 Posted : 1/21/2019 1:31:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

With re'xing I've seen some people doing it in a shot glass ? Why is this? Why not in a glass baking tray like the pulls

Also I see some combine all their pulls together , evaping down half , then freeze precipitation. is there a benefit to combining them together rather have individual pulls 35ml in separate trays

And finally , some times I've noticed people before pouring off the liquid look into the glass and see some xtals stuck on the glass but alot of the xtals are floating in the NPS and do not stick, when filtering the matter gets gloopy when in the coffee filter and becomes impossible to retrieve

Is it DMT that hasn't fully precipitated out of the NPS because not saturated enough with evaping the pulls? or using less solvent helps? ? The NPS is always 1st pull cloudy (white) all ways has particles floating but retrievable in filter

second pull (very yellowy) lots of small salt like particles floating in the NPS non retrievable after pour off

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Brennendes Wasser
#2 Posted : 1/21/2019 10:49:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

To answer chronologically:

1. I've seen some people doing it in a shot glass ? Why is this? Why not in a glass baking tray like the pulls

Well the overall structure of the glass totally does not matter. The whole process is just: Reduce the volume, that it will definetly start crashing out upon freezing and then start freezing it. If the crystals attach to the walls, simply decant everything off - otherwise keep attention that you will not pour out crystals while decanting.

There is no special reason for that shot glass - possibly the volume of the solvent was pretty low and those guys wanted to use a tiny glass for that tiny amount - but any glass is equally good, I would do it in a bigger glass as it is then much easier to scrape out all xtals.

2. is there a benefit to combining them together rather have individual pulls 35ml in separate trays

No there is none - it is just that you only have to handle 1 glass instead of (let it be) 5. If you want to check what pull contained what amount, then you should do it 1 time each on his own. Then you know: Pull 1-5 was worth it, pull 5+ was not worth it.

Then you can stop doing more than 5 pulls the next time.

If you already know this of for any other reason you dont care how much was in each pull individually, then just combine it for more easiness.

3. when filtering the matter gets gloopy when in the coffee filter and becomes impossible to retrieve

My thoughts on this: If the material is orange, then it is Spice contaminated with other unuseful plant compounds. Those plant compounds will be hard to viscous when frozen at - 20°C. But upon warming (like when you try to filter them) they will become more sticky and then it is impossible to get them out - that is true.

My advice: Do NOT try to filter them, try to slowly separate as much NPS from your stuff as possible and try to decant the rest of the NPS with the sticky stuff on a flat plate. Then let it evaporate - not the filtering way.

The sticky thing will also become more slimy, but then you have it isolated on a plate. Then you can do whatever you want, but possibly it is too unuseful to handle so you could directly dissolve in acetone to make Changa - but again: dosage is not precise.
You can wait to it will harden on that plate eventually after some days (in the dark of course). Then you may handle it better, but that is not sure.

Lastly:

If things are floating in your NPS after pulling, this seems strange to me. Normally directly after pulling there should not be anything solid in the NPS. If you heat the NPS while pulling (which I highly recommend) then something starts precipitating, as the NPS will cool down after the separation. Therefore this will start forming solids if you wait long enough for those to precipitate. But directly after the pulling procedure it sounds strange that there are solid things floating on the surface.

Maybe post a picture the next time to check if its dirt or useful.

If there are ONLY Crystals on the bottom (when you wait in the freezer to precipitate) AND on the surface but none inbetween, then you can use a pipette to remove the solvent in the middle of them. This way you will be able to get out 90 % of your solvent if you use a high but narrow glass, and you will not loose the stuff on the surface nor on the bottom. Then those stuff with the residual 10 % solvent could be placed on a dish to let the solvent evaporate. This would keep you all stuff which you think may be useful and you still have nearly maximum purity (spoken by the freeze precip + decanting method).

Dreamstate1151
#3 Posted : 1/21/2019 11:17:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thankyou for that! Very deeply explained and helpful answer , I am at work and will post picture of what I'm talking about when home but to answer your last question .. well just to clarify it's not straight after pulling these solids appear, it seems to be within 2 - 6 hours being in the freezer that they appear, they look tan like in colour and yes the way you described them being sticky in the filter is correct,

My friends gonna try decant the naptha out of the tray leaving behind hopefully all of the matter to dry on the glass, he forgot that it's mentioned in teks to either pour of and/or decant , he has never done a re'x either and is worried if it stuffs up, as he's fine with the goo but this time seems to be more harsh than previously tried

He wants to clean it up and still get goo back from it as he loves his THC and finds the goo/mull blends spectacular, is there a way of cleaning the goo up and not getting xtals , I'm thinking there could be dust,fibres in the goo though it does look pretty clean

Dreamstate1151
#4 Posted : 1/22/2019 2:57:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok with the advice in mind my friend took his tray with the floating matter and decided to decant it in the tray (not a plate ) he got all the NPS out without any matter left in the NPS upon 3 hours Infront of a fan it is dry and smells very active , he see the difference to his other trays that he simply just filtered the matter out, he wants to know if he can scrape it up now and add to the rest of his goo for a re X , no smell of solvent remains , he thanks you for the help 👍

He will also try combining pulls together for curiosity and easier method, if it works he will be disappointed as he has collected over 90$ in glass baking trays hahaha he also says he has a tray that's by volume the same as the glass but flatter and wided, he thinks will be perfect to re X in

Dreamstate1151
#5 Posted : 1/22/2019 10:05:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How do I post pictures
Dreamstate1151 attached the following image(s):
20190122_175943.jpg (3,140kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
20190122_180051.jpg (2,699kb) downloaded 15 time(s).

Dreamstate1151
#6 Posted : 1/22/2019 10:20:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

He says he's trying to get naptha hot after 15 minutes in a big pot with pasta strainer he tested with glass stirrer , by touching and still cold , shitty hotplate and jar is pretty thick

The goo is 1.5 gram approx , using 40 ml naptha