We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Sleep / half-sleep trip flashbacks Options

beacon
#1 Posted : 12/16/2012 7:07:28 PM

who can say

So last night I woke up half-asleep and noticed I had a slightly elevated amount of tinnitus going on. This was so similar to the DMT carrier wave that it brought me back to my trip and made me remember some aspects of it for the first time since then (2 weeks ago). Mostly the visual aspect and the feeling of your body / ego / reality being a gong of sorts, hit by the hammer that is DMT and every single resonating frequency emanating from that impact turning into 90 degree angle visuals in red, yellow and blue.

Fascinating experience, it was like reliving a light version of the trip. No doubt in my mind anymore that sleep, dreams, the pineal gland and DMT are all inextricably connected.

Similar experiences anyone?
god saved me from drowning
then kicked me to death on the beach

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 12/16/2012 7:17:23 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Yeah stuff like this has happened to others and myself many times. I've also had very hyperspatial dreams and if someone or something wakes me up in the middle of it i'll still be tripping very hard for a few a minute or two after awakening

its still to early to say how all this works though, and whether or not the pineal makes dmt. but it has been shown to produce a number of MAOI, which is interesting

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

beacon
#3 Posted : 12/16/2012 7:22:06 PM

who can say

visuals were very similar to sleep paralysis / post-sleep paralysis ones too. i would be very surprised if the pineal didn't produce DMT, that's for sure.

didn't they already prove it does at some point?
god saved me from drowning
then kicked me to death on the beach

universecannon
#4 Posted : 12/16/2012 11:17:47 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

No, it hasn't been proven that it produces dmt yet. But DMT, bufotenine, and 5meodmt are present in the brain. And the pineal does seem to have the necessary enzymes to make it https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=28206&p=1

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Inner Paths
#5 Posted : 12/17/2012 12:12:43 AM

Secretary of the Interior

I've had multiple occasions where I wake up in the middle of the night in an altered state (actually a few times in the last two weeks). I see mild morphing in my dark bedroom and when I close my eyes I get a faint CEV of a DMT like space. One time I woke up with strong geometric CEV's in black and white.

I agree that there is a possibility that DMT release could be playing a part in it though it's also quite possible it could be something else entirely too.
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

uftusaf123
#6 Posted : 12/17/2012 12:15:45 AM

DMT-Nexus Member

Been having these for a while now. I believe that it goes something like this... Once you experience the DMT "realm", your brain now knows that it exists, so it can choose to access it whenever you please. Thats why you can get there with LSD and cannabis once you take DMT. You can meditate and get there as well. Once you release yourself from your body, and understand that you are only consciousness, anything can happen. You just have to put all of your intent into it Smile

Enjoy

Redeminem
#7 Posted : 1/21/2019 8:52:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello all, I can relate to much of what I’ve read throughout this thread. I feel compelled to share my last experience. I would love any feedback.

I have been “beyond the veil” a few times but my last trip was different. I’ll just dive right into sharing. Which is exactly what I did in truth. I didn’t prepare mentally or with intention. Not a negative trip. But it did shake me, to the core. I’ve thought about this trip every day since. I probably put too much in the pipe to begin with. Lit for a while but I didn’t realize how much vapor was actually inside until I inhaled a monster hit. Despite that and losing depth and horizontal perspective, I managed to take another hit. I quickly went deep. It was beautiful but also a little overwhelming. My gf was next to me and over the following weeks I’ve pieced together remembering some things. At about midway through, I remember her saying “holy shit, I’m worried your having like an actual medical emergency”. I can remember the feeling I had at that point, breathing heavily and probably freaking out a bit. Maybe it even felt a bit like dying. But I was sucked right back in. Aside from this, so far, there was so much beauty and I hold this experience with so much value, and zero regret. After what seemed like a very long time in space, I slowly and gently came back. I realized I had a body and who I was and what I’d done. I opened my eyes and realized I was on the floor next to the bed. Maybe this next part was because of what my gf said earlier or maybe I was almost dropped into an alternate reality but, I thought there were paramedics in the room. I could hear their radios and whispers of “we’ve seen this before”. At that moment I felt mostly sorry that I had affected other people’s lives with what I had done somewhat wrecklessly. I spoke, “im sorry everyone”. I also noticed I had peed. I’ve never even heard of this, is that even a thing? Anyway, as the haze cleared, I started to realize there were no paramedics after all, which of course I was profoundly grateful for. All the while the angels are communicating messages that basically mean “all that matters is that you’re ok”. It was intense to say the least. That night I slept like a baby. 2 nights later, I woke up mid sleep to a full blown breakthrough trip! As someone describes in an earlier post, almost like a lite version but even a lite version of this was breakthrough territory. Obviously this is both fascinating and just weird! I had the body high and everything. This molecule that you smoke and blasts you off was happening unprompted. There’s definitely a connection here between sleep and what happens when you smoke. It has died down from that in the weeks following but I still regularly find myself waking up to flashback like states. I’m not unhappy with this. Just curious. What does it mean? I agree with someone’s post that said something like, once you’ve been, your mind can get there on it’s own. I just hope I didn’t blow a fuse or something, even though I don’t think that’s what’s happening. I’ve learned so much from this trip about myself, fear, and the nature of this realm and how much respect it demands and should be entered only with prepared intent. I will go in again but I’m definitely good for a while. It calls to me, as I’m sure it does to many, and it’s not calling right now. Thoughts?