We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV345
Ayahuasca vs mushrooms Options

Hotspur922
#81 Posted : 1/18/2019 4:47:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

doubledog wrote:
my view on this is that aya is somehow superior to mushrooms. of course, there are some differencies, but generally, I see it as something like improved or upgraded version. Not much, but still.

In almost all aspects (valuable insights, visuals, body feeling, long term positive effects) it goes little bit deeper or further than shrooms for me.
I would say that this is a consequence of the fact that aya is mixture of two plants with strong synergy.

I am quite surprised that lot of people here prefers shrooms.

I have yet to drink aya just smoke dmt...

I'll take some rue in the spring and drink dmt crystal

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ruhrohraggy
#82 Posted : 1/18/2019 10:28:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have yet to try aya, I feel that I will be doing so soon and will get back on that.

I have yet to have a bad time on shrooms. I love them... So far they are hands down my favorite experience.

I cultivate my own though. I think it's a big case of love-in = love-out.

I also don't mess around with rue's or any of that. I eat them naturally.

I think the month and 1/2 of work and preparation that goes into them really adds to the experience.

I usually only do them once per year. Every time has felt like the right time.

I just came off ~ 5-6g of Cubensis Amazonian, feeling refreshed and invigorated...I spent about 6 hours soaking in pure positive vibes. It was like a full on massage of my entire being.

I just...love them, they resonate with me so well and the message from them has always been the same : "Enjoy life, man".

Rising Spirit
#83 Posted : 1/19/2019 6:32:00 AM

'Tis A Looooooong Wind Blowing Cosmic Dust

I have enjoyed watching this thread for some time now. Such a provocative topic! And my spin? They are both, pretty much... the same. This is especially true in comparison with psilohuasca journeys. Twin streams of the same cosmic river. Symmetrical, yet still unique, different but very symbiotic teachers. Besides, both sacred medicines are just pure magik. Thumbs up

There is no "versus" about it. Certainly there are some differences in approach and preparation, ritual dynamic and unfolding context... but IME, they truly are equals. Teaching is available from so many wonderful sacred molecules. There are no limits and each pathway leads to the very root source of being/consciousness, albeit from various directions. Right? Love

William James wrote:

There are no differences but differences of degree, between different degrees of difference...
and no difference.
There is no self to which I cling, for I am one with everything.

dragonrider
#84 Posted : 1/19/2019 10:20:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It depends very much on what's in your brew, but (regardless of whether you can officially call it ayahuasca) any mixture of MAOI's with psychotria viridis, mimosa hostilis, or acacia confusa, is indeed very simmilar in effects to shrooms. Chaliponga is realy different for some yet unknown reason.

For all those brews that are simmilar: they realy are VERY simmilar, but, and i can only speak from my own very subjective experience here, obviously, there is one difference. The mushroom does not realy seem to affect me emotionally, while ayahuasca does.
And i think that has everything to do with the presence of MAOI's.

It would probably be very hard for most people, to distinguish the effects of a chacruna, mimosa or acacia brew, from the effects of psilohuasca.

The effects of a psychedelic are always a bit different anyway. It is the kind of effects that enables you to make a distinction.

The MAOI's in caapi or rue, elevate levels of serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline in the brain. Mushrooms, as far as i know, do not have any effect on dopamine or noradrenaline receptors.

I think elevated levels of these two neurotransmitters in the brain, have a noticeable effect...it makes everything more euphoric or scary, or pleasurable, or exciting, or romantic, or touching, or ugly, or beautiful. In other words, more meaningfull on an emotional level.

On ayahuasca i have often cried. That never happened to me on shrooms.

Jupitor
#85 Posted : 1/19/2019 5:20:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dragonrider wrote:
It depends very much on what's in your brew, but (regardless of whether you can officially call it ayahuasca) any mixture of MAOI's with psychotria viridis, mimosa hostilis, or acacia confusa, is indeed very simmilar in effects to shrooms. Chaliponga is realy different for some yet unknown reason.

For all those brews that are simmilar: they realy are VERY simmilar, but, and i can only speak from my own very subjective experience here, obviously, there is one difference. The mushroom does not realy seem to affect me emotionally, while ayahuasca does.
And i think that has everything to do with the presence of MAOI's.

It would probably be very hard for most people, to distinguish the effects of a chacruna, mimosa or acacia brew, from the effects of psilohuasca.

The effects of a psychedelic are always a bit different anyway. It is the kind of effects that enables you to make a distinction.

The MAOI's in caapi or rue, elevate levels of serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline in the brain. Mushrooms, as far as i know, do not have any effect on dopamine or noradrenaline receptors.

I think elevated levels of these two neurotransmitters in the brain, have a noticeable effect...it makes everything more euphoric or scary, or pleasurable, or exciting, or romantic, or touching, or ugly, or beautiful. In other words, more meaningfull on an emotional level.

On ayahuasca i have often cried. That never happened to me on shrooms.

That's interesting. I would say the reverse has been true for me. I have found mushrooms to be very emotionally cathartic. I have cried like a baby and laughed my ass off. But on Aya, only minor sobbing and a few chuckles here and there.

PsyDuckmonkey
#86 Posted : 1/19/2019 6:43:42 PM

witch

Well, trips are so different even from the same substance... it's incredibly hard to clearly classify entheogens. Mushroom experiences are always extremely emotional for me.

In my eyes it's as if each entheogen was a person. Someone you have a relationship with. Your relationship changes, goes through phases, you may have a falling our and then fall back in love even more. Also, others may not have the same connection with the entheogen you are very close to.

I don't want to bring animism and spirits into it here, so we might as well just keep it as a metaphor... But it does work as such. There are traits to each compound that can be described, can be agreed upon, like someone's personality... but there's an infinity of experiences under there, and sometimes they might even completely belie what you think of them.

For this reason, 'which one is superior' is the wrong question. Which one do you have the best connection with, might be a better one.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

dragonrider
#87 Posted : 1/19/2019 9:10:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Isnt't it funny how subjective it all eventually turns out to be. Maybe it has to do with your own personal brain chemistry...i think i am sometimes a bit of an adrenaline junkie. That might explain my preference for MAO inhibition.

I think we can all agree that as a psychedelic they definately are equal, depending on the dose. Maybe shrooms are often being seen, by some people, as "less serious" because they are sometimes being used as a party drug at raves, by teenagers. But that doesn't realy do justice to what these little fungi are capable of. They can rip the fabric of space and time apart right before your very eyesTwisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

downwardsfromzero
#88 Posted : 1/20/2019 1:03:56 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dragonrider wrote:
[shrooms] can rip the fabric of space and time apart right before your very eyesTwisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

This is true, happened to me a couple of times in fact. Just make sure it doesn't happen by accident. Shocked Stop

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

owerfull
#89 Posted : 6/20/2019 4:34:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Never tried Ayahuasca, I've tried shrooms though and it's my favorite psychedelic. I think I would not try Aya because it makes you feel very nauseated and vomit. I know it's a part of healing experience, but it's not for me. It feels for me too much like bad trip inducing aspect of Ayahuasca experience.

ShamensStamen
#90 Posted : 6/20/2019 6:07:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

owerfull wrote:
Never tried Ayahuasca, I've tried shrooms though and it's my favorite psychedelic. I think I would not try Aya because it makes you feel very nauseated and vomit. I know it's a part of healing experience, but it's not for me. It feels for me too much like bad trip inducing aspect of Ayahuasca experience.

You'd be missing out on a very important element then, the Harmalas. The Harmalas are very important, it's not merely the DMT, the Harmalas have so much to offer, even in Psilohuasca. Which with Psilohuasca, you can use a lower dosage of Harmalas in order to avoid nausea/vomiting, but even if you do vomit it's not that bad at all, the nausea can indeed suck, but Cannabis can help with that, Limonene may help with that, or something that helps get digestion going forwards perhaps, neither Ginger nor Peppermint seemed to help me with the purgative effects, but Lemon EO definitely did and i'm thinking it's because of the Limonene, 10 drops of Limonene in a capsule should work pretty well, though idk if it intrudes on the experience or changes anything drastically or not, but it's worth a try, i haven't yet really gotten around to testing the Limonene with Harmalas and DMT or Psilocin, just with the Harmalas and so far so good. But yeah, don't let the possible nausea/vomiting throw you off, Psilohuasca is well worth it and way better than just mushrooms on their own, very similar to Aya with DMT, except a bit gentler with Psilocin compared to oral DMT, and takes me to the same states, apparently.

RayD8
#91 Posted : 6/20/2019 7:40:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dragon: 'Isn't it funny how subjective it all eventually turns out to be '

certainly is, and so interesting too.

what popped into my head in reading that line was how many factors are involved, known and unknown, that influence the brain chemistry ..that's before we ingest anything. Set and setting ...our thoughts and feelings pre-lift off. The infinite potential and possibilities in the synergy of this particular plant, grown and prepared in this way, and my unique brain chemistry at this particular moment....all for an experience that will never be repeated again...you can't step in the same river twice ...and that's in daily life too huh.....every moment is brand new, never to be repeated ...suck it up , love it like there is no tomorrow ..coz there aint. Cliched I know, reading this back ...but man ....the more I ponder this the lighter and brighter I feel .

really enjoying the discussion.
'You are confused, because you believe that you are in the world, not the world in you'

FranLover
#92 Posted : 6/21/2019 3:11:00 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

RayD8 wrote:
dragon: 'Isn't it funny how subjective it all eventually turns out to be '

certainly is, and so interesting too.

what popped into my head in reading that line was how many factors are involved, known and unknown, that influence the brain chemistry ..that's before we ingest anything. Set and setting ...our thoughts and feelings pre-lift off. The infinite potential and possibilities in the synergy of this particular plant, grown and prepared in this way, and my unique brain chemistry at this particular moment....all for an experience that will never be repeated again...you can't step in the same river twice ...and that's in daily life too huh.....every moment is brand new, never to be repeated ...suck it up , love it like there is no tomorrow ..coz there aint. Cliched I know, reading this back ...but man ....the more I ponder this the lighter and brighter I feel .

really enjoying the discussion.

So true. The vision is like something you bring into life. Never be another like it again.
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence β—‹ Shiva β—‡ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving β™‘See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.β™‘
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

«PREV345