We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lower boiling point for white DMT why? Options

Dreamstate1151
#1 Posted : 1/18/2019 2:35:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really hope one is not the only person to have done this and I'm sure he's not but after leaving (luckily a small amount ) of white fluffy xtals in the car I returned back in an hour and to my disbelief looked in the baggie I'd placed it in and just seen it gone to liquid , I turned my car on to see it's inside temp and it was 49 degrees Celsius .

I've read somewhere that the boiling point is only 40 degrees. how is that possible ? One has had yellow tinted fluffy before and has gone camping leaving it in the car for several days still no melting.

No real question to ask except why the yellow xtals have better shelf life in hotter climates (my climate is hot all the time) than white xtals. It averages 40 degrees here every damn day, storage becomes an issue and when outside it's really a race against the clock blasting the air conditioning

Just putting this out there because no where is it written how fragile the white fluffy xtals are

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Auxin
#2 Posted : 1/18/2019 3:51:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The 40º thing is a common misprint, it boils at that temperature only under a very, Very, VERY strong vacuum. Dangerously strong.
At 0.6 Torr DMT boils at 160º, at 20 times higher pressure water boils at 0º. The air your breathing is 1267 times higher pressure.
This is why you dont ever see anyone distilling DMT, you might as well be distilling asphalt Wink

Ulim
#3 Posted : 1/18/2019 2:48:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Melting point is not the same as boiling point.
Frozen water melts at 0c but water boils at a 100c (depending on pressure ofc).

Also white dmt doesnt mean you are free of contaminants that could affect the melting point.

Also its not like your dmt is now useless its just no longer in crystal form but its still very much smokable.