We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Mixing mushroom enzymes with tryptamines Options

Mindlusion
#21 Posted : 1/15/2019 5:23:38 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Loveall wrote:
If a bio-transformation did happen, what could it give? Melatonin is interesting because the nitrogen that attaches to the acetyl group seems prime for methylation, similar to how tryptamine gets its second methylation when transforming to psilocin. One bio transformation possibility is shown below consisting of two simple steps (see first image where melatonin is in the first row, and the ~equivalent psilocin steps are in the second row).

Mass-spec would show a peak in the 262-264 range (see second image). It could be named 4-OH-5-MEO-MACT (where MACT = MethylACetylTryptamine). A close relative to it could be 4-HO-5-MeO-DMT.

To be clear, this is not a claim of a result, only discussing one of the possibilities there could be.

I doubt you will be seeing any N methylation on melatonin

NHAc is an amide and NH2 or NHMe are amines.

The enzymes for N-methylation are only for amines. Amides are a very different functional group, they are non basic (pka ~17) and very stable functional groups that are not easily cleaved. The properties of the amine are also vital for receptor binding in the brain, so that N-acetylated tryptamines or phenethylamines are not active psychedelics (unless first deacetylated invivo, maybe a pathway for melatonin).

Though as we have discussed in length, the other transformations are very possible.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loveall
#22 Posted : 1/15/2019 6:04:48 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Thanks Mindlusion, makes sense.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Mindlusion
#23 Posted : 1/15/2019 10:24:02 PM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Loveall wrote:
Thanks Mindlusion, makes sense.

Ah I missed that the suggestion for this product was from the mass spec peak at 264 m/z

The resolution isn't very good, it could be 263 (M+1).

and i was wrong before there are enzymes that can methylate amides, a quick google search told me so.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC3391011/

Perhaps not the N-methyl transferase that is the same for amines , but another enzyme.

Its the only real suggestion I can think of based on that data
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Loveall
#24 Posted : 1/15/2019 10:44:43 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

My bad, I just aluded to the MS. Below is the screen capture from Benz. This is preliminary and not confirmed, Benz would need to weigh in. The peak at 198 is background mobile phase I believe. For completeness also adding Dreamer's TLC (interesting spot would be on the top left).

Edit: looks like the images did not uplad properly sorry. Trying again.

Loveall attached the following image(s):
4356_ff7b83d1-4665-452f-8fc3-8ac2c793b7f3_IMG_5910.jpg (2,973kb) downloaded 81 time(s).
6837_c2658768-5253-4b24-8793-a7466c50db89_tlc.jpg (1,355kb) downloaded 80 time(s).
4356_ff7b83d1-4665-452f-8fc3-8ac2c793b7f3_IMG_5910.jpg (2,973kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
6837_c2658768-5253-4b24-8793-a7466c50db89_tlc.jpg (1,355kb) downloaded 53 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

PREV12