We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Fasting research Options

Loveall
#1 Posted : 1/15/2019 8:21:40 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Recent fasting research pulblished in Cell reports (Dec 201Cool. Press release

Paper: "Fasting Imparts a Switch to Alternative Daily Pathways in Liver and Muscle"

Quote:
"...optimal fasting in a timed manner would be strategic to positively affect cellular functions and ultimately benefiting health and protecting against aging-associated diseases."
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RhythmSpring
#2 Posted : 1/15/2019 9:22:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's the year 2018, for those of you wondering.

8 ) = Cool
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

pastanostra
#3 Posted : 1/15/2019 9:31:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It's kidding because yesterday night i saw a documentary on fasting and the efficiency to cure many diseasse (chronic, bones and many more). They demonstrated genetically, and physiologicaly that our body is much more habilited to live without having food as we do (3 meals a day and so).
It's in french on youtube but may have some subtitle, so there is a link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ax0I7MBTL0

It's really interesting if you have time tosee it.

Thumbs up

EDIT : In English https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1b08X-GvRs

endlessness
#4 Posted : 1/15/2019 9:32:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing Loveall!

Do you practice fasting yourself? With what sort of regularity and duration? Are there any negative effects from doing it, in your experience or to your knowledge?

The research you posted is with rats and talks about 24-36h fasting which seems excessive to me as a hungry human lol. I briefly read some time ago about people having good experience with intermittent fasting which I think in that context meant more like some extra hours of not eating in the morning/mid-day (sounds way more doable hehe). Not sure what the science behind it is like, advantages and possible disadvantages.. I'd have to research a lot more, but it seems an interesting subject and I'd love to hear your (and other nexians' ) take on it.

Loveall
#5 Posted : 1/15/2019 10:56:47 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Hi endlessness. I did 3 days of fasting once. It was hard. I experienced mental clarity, it was very interesting. Healthwise I was ok going into it and did not notice a difference one way or another. The breakfast (no pun intended) I had when breaking the fast was orgasmic. For some reason I had a craving for fried green peppers in hot olive oil with salt, they were soooo good.

My mom did 3 day fast too. She had been having a nagging cough for months and the fasting got rid of it. That was very helpful for her.

I do intermittent fasting now and then. I can't say it helps me with anything specific, but (knock on wood) I have no health issues yet. There is previous research showing possible benefits so I have been trying it incase it helps maintain cellular health/balance. Another reason I've been trying it is because other cultures believe there are good things that come from fasting. Some of these older cultures have shown to be pretty wise on some things (e.g. psychedlic use ;-) ) so I like to explore some of their advice.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

boky0102
#6 Posted : 1/15/2019 11:16:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This research is very interesting.

I love fasting and try to do it whenever i feel my body needs cleaning. I am aware that it isn't much researched, but in my experience after 24 hour mark it is pure bliss. I have red in some book about juice fasting that it can clean endocrine glands in body and therefore bring hormonal balance and homeostasis. Don't know if that is true, but i do definitely feel cleaner in my soul when i do it.

To me it's like prolonged meditative state, there are times when my mind starts racing about food but if you let that thoughts pass there is pure bliss awaiting. It's like waves, first comes thoughts about hunger and than there is bliss and every wave is more sensual in both things. It is like direct connection between suffering and joy. The more we are able to let go of our minds chatter deeper we go.

It is my favorite spiritual practice and its purest state of consciousness i know how to achieve without entheogens, although i have never done more than 4 days and have in plan to do so in future. It brings very nice feeling to meditation.

IMO biggest mistake that one can make is to start eating bad foods after fast or to start eating too much. Food needs to be gradually introduced to body.

It is just my opinion about something that i appreciate very much, so don't take my word for granted and do your research and decide for yourself if you want to try it. Warm regards Love

RhythmSpring
#7 Posted : 1/16/2019 12:27:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

FWIW, I tried fasting for 3.5 days and it didn't cure my rheumatoid arthritis / Lyme disease. Some diseases require more long-term approaches. In case anyone was thinking this was a panacea.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Elrik
#8 Posted : 1/16/2019 7:30:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I learned that traditional buddhist monks who follow the monastic rules fast for ≥16 hours per day for their entire lives as fully ordained monks, and have been doing so for 2 600 years, I did a 17 hour fast with nothing but water 17 hours a day for one full year. This was mostly to test strength of character, and I also meditated. It took a few weeks to adapt, but it soon felt normal. I only stopped because I began lifting weights to gain muscle and reducing the daily fast to 13 hours made that easier.
But when people say fasting, they usually mean days. My longest fasts were two weeks each. Only water, two weeks. In the second one I took a cup of isotonic saline each of the last few days, it seemed to help some. Do not fast like this unless you know what your doing! [At the very least read the book linked below, but such a fast should really be supervised].
In both instances those fasts got rid of subcutaneous cysts, made my skin better after refeeding, my hair seemed to grow faster, and they made building up muscle a little easier. They also made me a better cook because, while going without food was not torture, it did make my cooking more creative for the first two weeks I was eating again Laughing
After the first several days of fasting my stamina was reduced due to no glycogen, but I didn't get weak until the last few days.
The most distinct side effect after breaking the fasts and getting strength back was sometimes getting annoyed with having to eat every single day. Fasting would not be a good idea if you have a history of eating disorder.

As for arthritis:
Fasting wouldn't cure rheumatoid arthritis, since it would not be removing the cause. The best way to treat it is a radical improvement of diet. By radical I mean being a whole food vegan for a few months until its long cured before challenging to see what small amount of meat and oil can be returned to the diet.
3.5 Days would not have been long enough, anyway. A fast only really starts to take effect after 2-3 days and then your body slowly starts digesting things, and there is little blood flow to the joints so those areas may go slower.
I would treat RA and things like hypertension first by massive improvement to diet and then use fasting only if I needed to speed up the process, but fasts longer than 5 days should be supervised.
There actually has been much research done on fasting, it's just taboo so no one talks about it and most modern fasting research uses feeble almost-fasting protocols because they think patients fear no food.
The best book I've ever read on fasting is Here, it's off copyright and a free download. It is dated. His thoughts on drugs and vaccines are 90 years obsolete now, but it is the most in depth book on the practical aspects of fasting I've ever read. Anyone planning a fast of more than 4 days needs to read that book.

PsyDuckmonkey
#9 Posted : 1/20/2019 12:24:31 AM

witch

RhythmSpring wrote:
FWIW, I tried fasting for 3.5 days and it didn't cure my rheumatoid arthritis / Lyme disease. Some diseases require more long-term approaches. In case anyone was thinking this was a panacea.

You were joking, right?
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

seagull
#10 Posted : 12/9/2019 1:27:52 PM

Hello world!

I tried fasting, Its part of my religion.
However, I always fail. I don't like not to be eating, especially sugars throughout the day.
I know it is bad therefor i try several times to quit.

I've already given up on smoking tobacco so I should be able to handle this sugar crave.
Only for fasting, i just give in to the craving of food so so super fast.

Anyways. If any one has a suggestion with fasting successfully. Please gimme some tips. Aye.
-Seagull
You&Iverse

Fractalus
#11 Posted : 2/8/2020 5:04:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

in the past i fast alot! did the breatherian 10 days prosses and it defenetly change my life!

its prosses that on day1 you nurish yourself with only fruits, day2 only drink fruit juices, day3 only water and day4-7.5 only breathing, then you get back with dilluete fruits juice until day 10 you can drink regular fruit juice.
first week after i just consum fruit drink in the night(no consumpion of nothing during the day),
second week i think regular fruit shake(including fibers of fruit)
i dont really remember the order of consumption in the first 1.5 months but it start from almost nothing and slowly slowly more concentrated stuff.

in day after the prosses i have very strong lucid dream, and in generall i never had clarity in my life like in this times, my mind was sharp as never before for the next 1.5 months.

then after 1.5 month start eating again, and for next 3-9 months or so just 2-3 meals a week, yes you reading right, a week not a day Smile i worked as a gardner and work really hard and still wasnt hungry at all for most of the time, when i was its always connented to emotional situation, its amazing to know that when you truly detox your body will nedd way less food to suistain itself, of course it was with practice meditation on regular basis, 20min morning and 20 min evening.

all of my friends who did it(include myself) get back to regular eating after 6-12 months
and in first year i do one day on every week of dry fasting(just breathing) to be able to suistain the fasting energy, in that period i could almost function regulary on fasting, do stuff and be active but when start fasting 3 month before the prosses i couldnt move from couch all day while fasting

ive seen miriculs happend on this prosses!! a guy who sleep with me in the room has a "pizza face" and after 3.5 days of only consume air he has almost clean face!! it was amazing to see how fast our bodies can heal itself when we clean from toxics! my concesness had so much clarity and sharpness in thos times and because of that the reallity just match it and lots of "miriculs" happend in that time, i highly advise you guys if you hear a inner calling to go for this prosses its really life-changing.

though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

Fractalus
#12 Posted : 2/8/2020 5:37:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

when you think about it your body heals itself always, if you broke your arm for example you just rapped it with stuff and let it do its magic, the stuff you rapped(dont know how this called) dosnt heal anything its just making the right enviroment for healing, and so all other medicine we take, its just helping the body to do its job, just like any other form of healing whatever its chaineese medicine, reiki, drugs ets...its all permision-slips.
when the body cant heal itself is mostly because toxisc (physical/emotional/mental) are blocking the natural ways of the body for doing it.
though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

FranLover
#13 Posted : 2/9/2020 3:36:13 PM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Fractalus wrote:
when you think about it your body heals itself always, if you broke your arm for example you just rapped it with stuff and let it do its magic, the stuff you rapped(dont know how this called) dosnt heal anything

if you rape the arm it will never heal Crying or very sad but you can wrap/bandage it in padding and then apply a cast Razz
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

coAsTal
#14 Posted : 2/9/2020 7:25:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been intermittent fasting for most of my adult life, and have done a 6 day water-only as well.

It wasn't too difficult, but you have got to plan around it. You will be very weak, and it's critical that you aren't under any stress -- you don't want to do this while working, for example. I wouldn't recommend driving or anything either, because the toxic purge/aptosis delivers brain fog and for me resulted in very sore joints and general crappy feelings.

But-- on day 4 I was feeling a lot better (and no hunger), and very clear-headed-- by day 5 I felt a LOT better, and though I ended the next day because I had to return to work, I feel I could have gone longer without difficulty.

My digestion was reformatted-- I would pass food within 12 hours instead of 24, and just fely so much cleaner and my mind was back on track.

I highly recommend it-- it's worth it. Just remember to honor the re-feeding stages carefully when you start eating again or you can feel ill.

universecannon
#15 Posted : 2/12/2020 10:26:31 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I've mostly done juice fasts (or feasts, since i usually didn't limit the amount of juice), usually 3 days but up to 7 days. In the middle, day 3 or 4, i did just water for a full day once (with strong herbal tea combinations before and after). It brought great mental clarity, especially that day. The hunger just sort of goes away for a while.

I think Fractalus has the right idea regarding what to drink/eat before and after. Fruit is ideal

Overall i don't have much experience but i think it's probably an incredibly useful tool, and apparently for healing a variety of things it seems. Some people though mistake it for a panacea and/or seem to get addicted to that high feeling you get during fasting. This can cause huge long term health problems. Especially restricting water too often

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"