We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
new precipitation method, laziest one ever! Options

diox8tony
#1 Posted : 11/30/2009 9:08:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i recently let a naptha/dmt solution set in a 50-60 F temp room for 3 days. crystals started appearing on the bottom, the most clean clear crystals i have ever made. i put it into the freezer and 10 hours later i got the usual white fluffy stuff, nothing spectacular.

so i decided to precip an entire batch this way, by letting it sit. mind you i have a lid on my jar, there is no evap going on.
i tried it and came out with some of the clearest chunks of crystal i have ever made. clear shards about eighth inch long, in chunks. \|/ <<< like so
i have never read about this method before!?
why have none of you done this?
This post is fictional.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ismokecrystals
#2 Posted : 11/30/2009 9:18:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How long did it take? Seems like a week or more, no? Similar can be done with n-heptane in a day.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 11/30/2009 10:08:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dmt will crystalize when: a- temperature lowers and in turn lowers the solubility of dmt in such substance

or

b- there is gradually less solvent (because it is evapping) so at some point the solution saturates and then dmt starts crystalizing

Whether its A or B, the slowest any of them is done, the bigger crystals will form

what happened with you people do a lot, yeah.. look into 'growing crystals'. Probably the lid of your container was not so well closed so it was evapping real slowly, and/or the solvent was very saturated and once it cooled down, even at room temperature, it already started crystalizing

Smile

diox8tony
#4 Posted : 12/1/2009 4:40:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

sweet! and anybody know the temp at which dmt separates from naptha?

i know mine doesn't evaporate.

it takes 2-4 days, at temp 55 to 70 F.

This post is fictional.

Touche Guevara
#5 Posted : 12/1/2009 4:53:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

diox8tony wrote:
sweet! and anybody know the temp at which dmt separates from naptha?

i know mine doesn't evaporate.

it takes 2-4 days, at temp 55 to 70 F.

It depends on how much DMT / how much naptha (or whatever solvent). As either solvent evaps or the mixture cools, there is less naptha available to hold onto the DMT, which causes it to be squeezed out into solid form.

mumbles
#6 Posted : 12/1/2009 8:53:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The solvent must be evaporating out for this to happen. Check the lid.

acolon_5
#7 Posted : 12/1/2009 5:09:08 PM

The Great Namah

This is called room temperature crystalization. This is a wonderful way to create large crystals during a recrystalization. Instead of sticking it in the freezer, use a small amount of naphtha and leave the lid partially off of it. As the solvent evaporates the solution becomes supersaturated and spice is forced to crash out. If done slowly, and using a seed crystal one can grow large xtals up to and possibly exceeding an inch in legnth.

This also produces more pure spice than freeze precipitation. Something to do with impurities not being able to fit in the crystal latice. Again, this is a great way to recrystalize. I always freeze precipitate first, then recrystalize at room temperature.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

diox8tony
#8 Posted : 12/1/2009 5:57:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

sounds like a good crystal growing method Smile if any evaporation is going on, it is very little. the level of naptha does not noticeably change. i think the solution is saturated to this 'crashing out' point. ill try a seed next time to get one crystal. sounds effective.
also, when left to set the oil and dirt falls to the bottom first. i will let it sit until this happens then pour the naptha to a separate container, leaving the oil behind. Smile the oil sticks to the bottom so well it will separate easily. sound good?

the first a/b i observed did not use a defat step. solvent was added to the brown soup after washing the bark with acid, and converting to basic. so pulls were done to a brown soup. this was the most recent, in which this room temp precip was done.
the defat was left out in fear of losing weight, but now i know most that weight is not spice Smile

im observing a new a/b with 350g mimosa. currently in the first acid soak. Smile cant wait for it to produce rich, one inch crystal Smile be patient and do it all right, no short cuts this time.
so this is the third time for me. and it only gets cleaner every time.

P.S. the first time extraction, two years ago, was an stb,,,and the first two trips told me to make it "crystal clear"(those were the two words i remember from my first) like something was pushing for cleaning spice Smile or im just a perfectionist.
This post is fictional.