We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Glowing "Molly" Options

KloudQ7
#1 Posted : 1/11/2019 6:21:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi a friend of mine has a substance that is supposed to be mdma but he felt like it was different and asked me to check it out, while examining some of it I shined a uv light on one of the rocks and noticed it was glowing a bit and also seemed to hold a charge that faded over a few seconds like glow in the dark paint. Does anyone know of an alkaloid with this quality? I thought it seemed quite unique and I'm really curious as to what the heck it is.

Mod wrote:
Edited by moderator. No discussion of buying/selling/sourcing.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 1/11/2019 3:53:38 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

That is quite interesting I've never notice this property with any of the MDMA I've encountered, though I can't say I've tried shining the black light directly on the material.

Unfortunately no one here will be able to ID your mystery substance for you. You can at least check if it contains any MDxx compounds at all via reagent testing. In this case I think you'd be better off using TLC to identify if more than one compound is present or sending some off for lab analysis in order to know exactly what is present.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Th Entity
#3 Posted : 1/11/2019 4:16:03 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

You can make a re-x with washes before you ingest it, if its not too little to work with.

KloudQ7
#4 Posted : 1/11/2019 7:32:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't plan on ingesting any of it but it would be interesting to know if it is a property of the alkaloid or a by product and I'm sure he'd love to know if what he's eating is safe or not.

Th Entity
#5 Posted : 1/11/2019 7:42:23 PM

Yes i hope you find out! Its indeed interesting, maybe its something unreacted? Mdp2p? mercury chloride? nitro? who knows. Good luck! Thumbs up

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 1/13/2019 3:12:10 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Safrole would display some fluorescence too. So do lots of other substances. Reagent testing, TLC analysis and laboratory analysis (FTIR, GC/MS and NMR) would be more informative.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Ulim
#7 Posted : 1/13/2019 12:52:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Th Entity wrote:
Yes i hope you find out! Its indeed interesting since its know that mdma could be only 84% pure (right?) maybe its something unreacted? Mdp2p? mercury chloride? nitro? who knows. Good luck! Thumbs up

Thats an extreme fallacy right here. MDMA can be 100% pure.
Its just that if you have your MDMA as the hydrochloride (MDMA-HCl) you have by weight only 84% MDMA molecules and 16% HCl molecules.

To go back to the glowing mdma. It shouldnt do that but there could be many culprits. Definetly do something to clean it up. I tested mine under UV and it showed absolutely no glow.
Even the dirty fraction of mdma (crystalline but brownish) showed no glow for me. But then again i knocked out most of the safrole during cleaning.

Its the same mdma I cleaned up from very impure street mdma. CLEANING TEK HERE

I definetly recommend cleaning it before ingesting. Not that it means that theres something toxic in there but it be better to reduce any contamination as much as possible.

Th Entity
#8 Posted : 1/13/2019 1:16:10 PM

Ulim thank you for correcting me! Thumbs up
Im deleting that part.

Doesnt iso/safrole go through too much precessing to be able to remain in the final hcl salt to be able to give a glow under UV? (im not familiar with this, im just curious)

Ulim
#9 Posted : 1/15/2019 9:41:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think they purposly add in onto the final product. Safrole has that nice sweetish smell that many people think is a sure indicator for pure MDMA (which it isnt btw pure MDMA has no smell)

Or it could also be that they are just extremly lazy and wastefull in the synthesis.