We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anyone want to help me potentiate kratom or find something similar? Options

m119matt
#1 Posted : 1/10/2019 11:06:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Moderator wrote:
Minor edit. No sourcing discussion

Im trying to use kratom as my daily high rather than opiates. That is the type of effect im going for but I dont think kratom will be enough for what Im looking for. It wasnt very strong in the past although. So far Im thinking about getting these:
Cat's claw

Watercress

Mucuna

Passionflower

Turmeric + ginger and black pepper

Chamomile

Bacopa

Magnesium

Agmatine

Also these, but I don't expect them to add much of an effect but I think they will still go nicely with it

Lavender

Black cumin

Fo-ti

Raw cacao powder

I would use kava with it too but its so expensive. I'm tempted to try syrian rue with it but I read it might be a bad idea. Its an MAOI. I may try phenibut. I'll be using grapefruit to potentiate as well.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

PsyDuckmonkey
#2 Posted : 1/10/2019 11:50:20 PM

witch

Syrian rue is a reversible MAOI. It's safe in conjunction with pretty much all foods. For drug interactions of course, refer to the Wiki or Erowid, or any number of drug interaction charts. It won't be like an opiate, and won't be like kratom, but it's reasonably safe.

As for kratom, why not just make a thicker brew? Smile That's a surefire way to make it stronger. Pleased
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

Asher7
#3 Posted : 1/11/2019 12:43:16 AM

Professional Tracker

I did a week or so run with rue extract and kratom. I didn’t notice any adverse effects, obvious ones at least and I didn’t notice that it potentiates the kratom. I’ve tried tumeric but didn’t notice anything. For me, it’s really just a matter of taking enough. There’s not much weight difference between enough and too much. I think what you may be trying is to make the buzz more like what you would prefer to be taking. With kratom the high doesn’t get any better you just puke.

Maybe try making an extract so it hits a little harder when it does hit.

Johnsonptd
#4 Posted : 1/11/2019 1:08:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

With the turmeric you gotta take it with black pepper to make it effective. Grapefruit works. Watercress tastes awful. Magnesium is good for keeping tolerance down. Agmatine I never tried but hear good reviews. Boosts your appetite a lot though. Better if used temporarily to taper down from megadose tolerance.

While I liked potentiating I didn’t like that it raised my tolerance. So I actually found that anything that increases blood flow to the brain worked just as well without raising tolerance. Ginkgo Bilboa leaf in particular does wonders for potentiating everything, kratom included. Excersize and limiting dosage to 1 or 2 times a day helps of course. If you haven’t tried already, rotate through at least 7 different strains. I’ve been at a steady 1g a day for 6 months and the rotation helps a lot.

So many places are overpriced. Idk if I can say this...if you’re paying half the price of smoke shop stuff you’re still paying way too much. Literally ten times cheaper and so much better quality if you keep digging. PM me for more info it took me 3 weeks of digging to find the real market of people not trying to make a quick buck.

m119matt
#5 Posted : 1/11/2019 2:51:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the input, good to know. And I found seemingly good stuff for $3/oz on a mystic island (hint). Im getting like 5 different reds, a green blend and the Bentuangie which i believe is fermented so I will be able to rotate.

m119matt
#6 Posted : 1/11/2019 2:53:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This is definitely my kind of community, actually helpful. I tried posting this on the kratom reddit, got banned (lol) the opiates reddit and got shot down. Im not even surprised haha

benzyme
#7 Posted : 1/11/2019 3:28:50 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

just be careful about what/how you ask...nobody wants to help you find a way to get higher on habit-forming substances.

that being said,
Quote:
Grapefruit works.

I wouldn't advise potentiating it often.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

m119matt
#8 Posted : 1/11/2019 3:40:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
just be careful about what/how you ask...nobody wants to help you find a way to get higher on habit-forming substances.

that being said,
Quote:
Grapefruit works.

I wouldn't advise potentiating it often.

True, however I feel I am doing something good here, staying clean from hard drugs using herbs. I just want to get the most out of it so theres no looking back

Asher7
#9 Posted : 1/11/2019 4:47:58 PM

Professional Tracker

No doubt, do whatever you have to do to get that stuff out of your body. If you would be so kind, could you jot together a little list of notes like what dose you’re backing off of, what kratom dose you’re substituting and noticed effects? It doesn’t have to be overly detailed, just enough to get a jist of how the kratom is working. It would be interesting to see a sorta live time experiment.

dragonrider
#10 Posted : 1/11/2019 5:20:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cannabis can be nice with kratom. And not completely irrelevant here.... completely safe in combination with it.

KloudQ7
#11 Posted : 1/11/2019 7:23:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Akuamma seed powder should help alot, it's got similar alkaloids to kratom and mixes very well. The combo often puts me to sleep though. Akuamma is 10x more bitter than kratom so I'd suggest capsules.

vitriol
#12 Posted : 1/11/2019 10:21:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Drink it with 100% grapefruit or orange juice and the Kratom became much more stronger but I suggest to stop it than will be too late. You´ll end up to think you can´t function without it and it will damage your liver. I was taking Kratom daily for about three years....

m119matt
#13 Posted : 1/12/2019 12:06:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Asher7 wrote:
No doubt, do whatever you have to do to get that stuff out of your body. If you would be so kind, could you jot together a little list of notes like what dose you’re backing off of, what kratom dose you’re substituting and noticed effects? It doesn’t have to be overly detailed, just enough to get a jist of how the kratom is working. It would be interesting to see a sorta live time experiment.

Sure, I'm going to order everything soon. Still deciding what I should get, almost ready. I was using H but finally got clean for about a month. Managed to stop obsessing over it. I was in a wreck in early dec that was just enough to set the air bags off and cause some internal bleeding in my chest so Ive been taking oxy 15mg 4x a day. So I have a bit of a tolerance, I will be usimg the kratom to wean off in the next week or two. I'll keep you posted when it all comes in.

dragonrider
#14 Posted : 1/12/2019 10:17:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you should be carefull with MAOI's and depressants, when you're taking kratom. It IS after all still an opioid, be it a mild one.

Asher7
#15 Posted : 1/12/2019 5:11:30 PM

Professional Tracker

Oh damn, you just spurred up a possibility that is no bueno at all. This is all speculation but here goes.

I have taken kratom on and off for around 10 years and never gotten withdrawls. I recently ran out of kratom and got bad withdrawls which is strange, same everything from start to finish for years (plant, dose, all the same). About a month before running out of kratom started experimenting with harmala extracts, even though like with cacti, maoi and kratom mixed are kinda so so grey areas in terms of understanding safety, I decided I was willing to proceed.

What do you think, perhaps the maoi was unlocking things that in the buzz headspace weren’t so noticeable but now that they have been amped and pulled away the withdrawl is now in full effect unlike before when I had never taken maoi.

The wd’s were non existent and then this past time nailed me. Is there any legit science that could back up that possibility?

Johnsonptd
#16 Posted : 1/12/2019 7:12:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Asher7- what symptoms are you experiencing? The quality of kratom can depend largely on the source you get it from. A redditor did some hands on research into what colors mean and found out a lot more. This thread has it all

https://www.doublemherba...wtopic.php?f=7&t=997

Asher7
#17 Posted : 1/12/2019 8:08:31 PM

Professional Tracker

At nighttime (wd’s of all sort typically hit me hardest at night) I get full body RLS and it becomes impossible to sit completely still for more than 8 seconds so as a result I get twitchy. Also some light headedness. I wasn’t sure what was going on but it later dawned on me and sure enough 45min - 1 hour after taking a dose all that mysteriously disappears so without a doubt kratom wd’s.

Types typically consumed were red and yellow Keptang, red Borneo and green Malay, in that order (most often too least often)

Johnsonptd
#18 Posted : 1/13/2019 3:56:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So sometimes people will cut substances with other more powerful substances. It’s happened with kratom and prolly still is. I’m wanting to guess that your product is dirty, and one way to almost be certain it is only kratom you’re burning is to get some crushed leaf. Take that for a while then go without it and see if the same symptoms occur. It’s kind of difficult to find but I know a few good sources that aren’t overpriced. Are you using the same vendor or switched to another source?

null24
#19 Posted : 1/13/2019 8:05:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I really don't know why people are suggesting maoi for your purpose. That is not the enzyme you want to inhibit and may be dangerous.

I'm not to keen on kratom; as a recovering heroin addict i don't see it's usefulness as a substitute for medication assisted treatment and have never seen an honest success with it. I've seen people get strung out on it though, andit's a low rent addiction. Jyst because it's an herb doesn't make it safe.

That said, look into grapefruit and why it works and you may find what you want.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*