We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Shelf life... Options

tikitony66
#1 Posted : 1/9/2019 12:04:00 AM

COSMiC

Hi all. I am new.

A friend and I managed to procure some DMT last October. It arrived in a vacuum sealed bag.

Say 3 months later and it is still sealed in said bag due to work and travel commitments.

It's looking like we should have the opportunity to smoke it soon (we live far apart so are planning a meet up) so I was just wondering, does it loose potency or even 'go off' over time?

Thank you.

Edit... we have both tried a low dose previously... and lots of other mind bending substances before, so feel ready Smile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Asher7
#2 Posted : 1/9/2019 4:20:30 AM

Professional Tracker

Howdy Cool

Same rules apply, no light, heat, moisture, air etc. It’ll last you as long as it takes to use it most likely.

RoundAbout
#3 Posted : 1/9/2019 5:28:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tikitony66 wrote:
Hi all. I am new.

A friend and I managed to procure some DMT last October. It arrived in a vacuum sealed bag.

Say 3 months later and it is still sealed in said bag due to work and travel commitments.

It's looking like we should have the opportunity to smoke it soon (we live far apart so are planning a meet up) so I was just wondering, does it loose potency or even 'go off' over time?

Thank you.

Edit... we have both tried a low dose previously... and lots of other mind bending substances before, so feel ready Smile

I am assuming it is regular N,N-DMT, not a different compound.

It depends on the form, freebase tends to degrade significantly more rapidly than salts, and there seems to be variation in the stability of various salts (e.g. fumarate salt vs. HCl). Stability is also function of temperature.

jiva
#4 Posted : 1/9/2019 7:08:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RoundAbout wrote:

I am assuming it is regular N,N-DMT, not another form.

as we are on the topic of shelf life... how would freebase infused into changa compare?

tikitony66
#5 Posted : 1/9/2019 10:52:15 PM

COSMiC

Asher7 wrote:
Howdy Cool

Same rules apply, no light, heat, moisture, air etc. It’ll last you as long as it takes to use it most likely.

Thanks Smile

Based on this, would you recommend keeping it in the fridge?

Asher7
#6 Posted : 1/9/2019 11:05:14 PM

Professional Tracker

That I’m not 100% sure on, I’m pretty sure refrigerator is fine since people put their juice in there. Freezer long term I don’t know. It would seem alright since people freeze precip but I’m not real sure.

GLTASN
#7 Posted : 1/11/2019 3:23:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like to use a stuff called oxygen barrier sold by Nature's gift. I collect rare and hard-to-find essential oils from all around the world and some of them do not like oxygen. so I thought that putting a little bit of product in a bottle, filling it with the oxygen barrier closing the lid shaking and then repeat the process one more time. In theory
it should keep your oil or, product in an inert gas until re-opened.

edit: It comes out under high pressure and can blast your stuff all over the place! I seal a plastic sandwich bag and insert the straw into the bag and fill it, then pinch it closed all the way. Now just cut a tiny tip off one of the corners and, since its heavier than air, work with that in mind.
"It may be that my role in the universe is, to question my role in the universe."

Th Entity
#8 Posted : 1/11/2019 4:10:48 PM

I can't think of anything important or deep to add here, excuse me!

I think freebase DMT stored in non transparent air/water proof sealable container that was flushed with inert gas before closing and placed in fridge or freezer would last eternally (maybe not, but quite a bit of time).