We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
We psychonauts from meditation & hypnosis land Options

ComputerBoy
#1 Posted : 1/10/2019 8:14:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I'm a newbie in the land of psychedelics. I have long experience with meditation (a kind of vipassana, mind and body observation and control), fasting, macrobiotics, and freediving. So, I want to explore deeper with psychedelic substances, esp. iboga which is said to give experiences like life review and near death experience (NDE). My wife and my bro have experience with hypnosis (hypnotized by me, and self-hypnotized), as well as with some recreational drugs. We all are exploring our deep ocean of mind to free ourselves from our miseries in our lives. As the most experienced (and most educated) one, I'm leading and guiding my wife and my younger brother in psychonautics.

Currently, I'm using my meditation experience to guide them in hypnosis (hypnotize them and let them self-hypnotize) to solve various problem in life (bad habits, conflicts in mind, illness in body, etc.) as well as to free them from drug abuse (meth & heroin). As an introvert, I can go myself deep into my mind with meditation and freediving. I've also tried all kind of recreational substances from childhood without any interest nor benefit. On the other hand, with meditation, I used to do life review and see its great benefit on every aspect of my life. However, as extroverts, my wife and my bro are attached to external people and external substances at such a degree that they almost lose their control. I love them, so want to help them gain control of their own lives. I used to guide them doing (shallow) life review via dialog and deeper via hypnosis.

Next, I'm going to guide them exploring their mind with psychedelic substances, but I must experience them first. I would not have any interest in psychedelic substances if I did not have my wife and my bro. My bro, himself, had an accident with Spice (K2, fake weed) which brought him to a near death experience (NDE) that radically changed his life, reset his mind, reset his relationship with his wife... but for just a very short time (at that time, I was not there with him). Now, I'd like to explore the psychedelic world to help my wife and my bro to have more sustainable change in life.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

PsyDuckmonkey
#2 Posted : 1/10/2019 8:52:13 PM

witch

Hey. Welcome to the nexus.

So... my opinion is that you should attempt to disengage from the shaman / healer role. There is nothing wrong with providing hypnosis to your close loved ones, but in my eyes it's indicative of an imbalance that your wife never hypnotized you. There is a reason professional therapists don't usually treat their family members, things can go... well... wrong on the emotional plane.

And you know, with psychedelics, especially with Iboga, the responsibility is so much immensely greater, that being a 'doctor', 'guide', or 'shaman', or whatever to your wife and brother, is really not a good place to be. At all.
Do you believe in the THIRD SUMMER OF LOVE?

ComputerBoy
#3 Posted : 1/11/2019 12:21:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

PsyDuckmonkey, thank you for your advices!

But there are some points I don't understand:

Quote:
... but in my eyes it's indicative of an imbalance that your wife never hypnotized you.

I just hypnotized her for some first times, and some times with new directions or techniques. Most of the times she self-hypnotizes herself, and she even discovered some of her own techniques. I've learnt from her no less than she's learnt from me. So I don't see any "imbalance" here. Moreover, as I know, the hypnotist is naturally very difficult to be hypnotized. So what do you mean by "imbalance" here?

Quote:
... the responsibility is so much immensely greater, that being a 'doctor', 'guide', or 'shaman', or whatever to your wife and brother, is really not a good place to be. At all.

I cannot get it, why "not good" to take responsibility for my family?! Is "responsibility" just a contract with stranger? Maybe that's true for Western culture, but never been applied here in Asia. Our masters are always first master of themselves, then master of their family, and last master of society. Our responsibility is always first responsibility for ourselves, then responsibility for our family, and last responsibility for society.

Quote:
There is a reason professional therapists don't usually treat their family members, things can go... well... wrong on the emotional plane.

As I know, the hypnotist can usually have problem hypnotizing his/her family members because there are less "surprise" in the family, which is usually the key for rapid induction to hypnosis. Rapid induction only has value in stage (performing) hypnosis and plays no role in hypnotherapy. The other reason that therapists in general refrain from treating their family members is that the emotion with close members can easily make them biased and unwise. With meditation, I see that effect of emotion very clear, but instead of refraining from it, I'm learning from it for my personal growth as well as my family growth, just like Gotama and Shakya family, or Jesus and Mary Magdalene. In Vietnam, we have a proverb saying "The most difficult is cultivating at home, then in the marketplace, and last in pagoda!" Obviously, that's the most difficult at home, but the challenge is the best teacher, by the way.

ruhrohraggy
#4 Posted : 1/11/2019 6:14:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Doesn't look like that there are actually any real questions in the original post. Only statements and personal backstory.

I wish you and your family the best of luck in dealing with these issues. "Drug addiction" can be hard. Hopefully Ibogaine is the appropriate medicine you and your family seeks. Ibogaine seems very intense from what I've heard.

Are there no practitioners of Ibogaine administration in your area with whom you can speak? It seems prudent to take things upon yourself...but It's even more prudent to track down someone with experience regarding such extremes to communicate with.

I'm not sure how difficult this would be based on where you live though. Hopefully someone can point you in the right direction if that's the case!

Best of luck to you and your family!

Kinghorn
#5 Posted : 1/11/2019 3:56:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why not start on DMT? Nothing enhances communication quite like telepathically connecting to those around you. I have a friend who often helps addicts to quit through the use of DMT. I'd be interested to know if after having said experience the three of you find a balance between introvert and extrovert. Not having heard of the plant you are thinking of having I can't rightly comment on it but i sense no fear in your decision and your determination and resolve to help those you love seems quite clear. This alone is empowering and can enable you to overcome difficult situations most would struggle with. All of this is just my opinion and really should mean very little to you, as was mentioned earlier there is no real question. I assume this is because your mind is already made up and your belief in yourself and your own abilities is steadfast. On a side note I have just grown some Mugwort which I have found to be interesting as it promotes lucid dreaming and was used in ancient times for prophetic visions. You may be able to find some confirmation within yourself with Mugwort's aide. Safe journey and whatever path you walk I hope the destination is a good one.