We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Phalaris, Is it safe for extraction? Options

maxzar100
#1 Posted : 12/1/2009 12:08:58 AM

Earth Child

I am easily able to obtain some Phalaris, reed canary grass. I have read that it contains gramine, which is highly toxic.

Would an extraction eliminate the gramine, or not?
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:
Salvia, the metamorphosis of reality. -Mz

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 12/1/2009 1:13:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

no..it is very very hard to remove the gramine with the normal extraction teks..
Gramines toxicity however is still up in the air..I wouldnt mess around with it too much though just in case..I have smoked phalaris arundinacea extracts a few times from wild grass I collected..it was active..but definatily NOT a clean NN profile..lots of 5meo and other it seemed..

If anything grow it and try to boost the alk content as much as possible..i think it could be worth it if you do that..or get phalaris brachystachys/aquatica..

One thing that I am interested in though is the fact that bufotenine is in the grass as well..I was thinking of toasting a whole bunch of grass to remove other alkaloids and then do an extraction to see if I can get any usable ammount of bufo out of the stuff..since it grows everywhere here..probabily just overacitve imagination thoughWink
Long live the unwoke.

maxzar100
#3 Posted : 12/1/2009 1:32:33 AM

Earth Child

All right, I don't think I will be bothering with the phalaris family, the threat of gramine is not worth it.
The events that maxzar100 describes are only hypothetical, and never actually took place. maxzar100 has no link whatsoever to any illegal substance.

Quote:

69ron
#4 Posted : 12/1/2009 1:52:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gramine can be separated from DMT very easily. Its melting point is 138 C which is above DMT’s boiling point of 80 C, so the DMT can be vaporized at a temperature that won’t vaporize gramine. Using a digital vaporizer, simply heat your DMT to 100 C and vaporize it and no gramine will vaporize.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

maxzar100
#5 Posted : 12/1/2009 4:41:33 AM

Earth Child

Hmmm I do have a pretty accurate vape coming in the mail....

Quote: