We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Storage Options

Camponotus
#1 Posted : 1/9/2019 8:53:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey peeps,

Is there someone out there who had problems with storing 5-meo-DMT or in other words who had a great success with long-term-storage?

I had thrown my 5-meo (air tight sealed/ light protected and desiccant equipped) boxed in the freezer...

Because of the "short" shelf-life I've come across on different sources on the web I decided to take further researching and came across this post

Shelf Life / Sigma-Aldrich quote

For sure I could just test it to answer my question, but I wanted to discuss/ ask for opinions about the storage of 5-meo in general?!
I'm a bit afraid of having destroyed it to some degree now?
Sigma-Aldrich advised 2-8°C for storage... Crying or very sad Wut?

edit : it's salt form (probably oxalate )
It's the job that's never started as takes longest to finish. - J.R.R. Tolkien

How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it. - Alexander Shulgin

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 1/9/2019 11:41:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it will very likely be fine, particularly if it's in salt form, but if Sigma-Aldrich specifically recommended storing it at 2-8°C, I'd store it in the fridge from now on to play it safe.