We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Receptorome study: how traditional Ayahuasca & snuffs differ from dmt Options

tregar
#21 Posted : 1/5/2019 1:28:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

On traditional Amazonian snuffs:

From 2011 Thomas S. Ray study: Breadth of Receptor Binding, 4.00=max, 0.00=min
Quote:
LSD: 5ht1a = 3.73, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.88, mescaline = 3.61, 5-meo-DMT: = 4.00 [these serotonin filters/gates/barriers/doors make up >80% of brain 5-ht & are dissolved when 5-ht1a is agonized according to LSD scientist & founder of Heffter institute: Dr. Nichols....ie serotonin is blocked at 80% of brain 5-ht while the psychedelic molecule acts in the place of serotonin at the other 20% of brain 5-ht (everything that is not 5-ht1a)].

According to "Keeper of the Trout”: 5-meo-dmt is frequently the major active component in many South American snuffs derived from Virola and in a minority of the snuffs derived from Anadenanthera: which is mainly bufotenin (another potent 5-ht1a agonist/serotonin blocker) and tiny amounts of dmt and 5-meo-dmt.

Note the extreme "off the chart agonism (4.00max)" of 5-meo-dmt at 5-ht1a above...the below is an extreme experience of boundaries dissolving from the pioneering researcher Stanislav Grof...

"In Occidental theology, the word transcendent is used to mean outside of the world. In the East, it means outside of thought or thinking consciousness."~ Joseph Campbell on the definition of transcendental.

From Stanislav Grof, "When the Impossible Happens: Adventures in Non-Ordinary Reality." (2006):

From James Oroc's writings: 5-MEO-DMT: The Mystic's Molecule
Quote:
Stanislav Grof Descriptions of the 5-MeO-DMT experience increasingly report distinct parallels to the classical mystical experience. Of the notable attempts at describing the 5-MeO-DMT experience by these “front-line” investigators, none are more notable than the following account by the eminent transpersonal psychologist Stanislav Grof, taken from his recent autobiography, When the Impossible Happens. (2006).

Albert Hofmann and Stanislav GrofStanislav Grof (born July 1, 1931 in Prague, Czechoslovakia) is one of the founders of the field of transpersonal psychology and a pioneering researcher into the use of non-ordinary states of consciousness for purposes of analyzing, healing, and obtaining growth and insight into the human psyche. Between 1960 and 1967, he was Principal Investigator in a psychedelic research program at the Psychiatric Research Institute in Prague, Czechoslovakia, while after immigrating to the United States, Dr. Grof served as Chief of Psychiatric Research at the Maryland Psychiatric Research Center and Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, MD. Until the time that research in LSD and other psychedelics became illegal in the United States (and virtually everywhere else), Dr Grof was considered probably the lead researcher in the field. After further research in psychedelics became impossible, Dr Grof became the Esalen Institute’s ‘Scholar-in-Residence’ from 1972 till 1987, where he developed his holotropic breathwork technique (with his wife Cristina) and numerous theories on the psychedelic (or transpersonal) state that he has expounded in a series of books including ‘The Cosmic Game: Explorations Of The Frontiers Of Human Consciousness’ [1998], ‘The Ultimate Journey: Consciousness And The Mystery Of Death’ (2006), and ‘LSD: Doorway to the Numinous: The Groundbreaking Psychedelic Research into Realms of the Human Unconscious’ (2009). He is the founder of the International Transpersonal Association, (and its past and current President), as well as a Professor of Psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies.

Stan Grof about his LSD experienceGrof’s first experience with LSD (and a strobe light) as a volunteer in 1956 would set his life-course as a researcher – he was considered the world’s leading authority on LSD research until that became impossible due to the changes in the law in the early 1970’s – and his account of that experience is considered one of the classics in psychedelic literature, and the bench-mark by which many future entheogenic experiences would be compared.

However, in the following account where the sixty-something year old Grof takes a whopping 25 mg dose of 5-MeO-DMT, Grof states that that his 5-MeO-DMT experience actually exceeded his original LSD experience in effect and intensity. Since few writers in history have the skill or experience in describing the psychedelic experience that Stanislav Grof has, this remarkable description of the 5-MeO-DMT experience is perhaps the most important one we have.

Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The beginning of the experience was very sudden and dramatic. I was hit by a thunderbolt of immense power that instantly shattered and dissolved my everyday reality. I lost all contact with the surrounding world, which completely disappeared as if by magic. In the past, whenever I had taken a high-dose of psychedelics, I liked to lie down and make myself comfortable. This time, any such concerns were irrelevant because I lost awareness of my body, as well as of the environment. After the session, I was told that after taking a couple of drags, I sat there for several minutes like a sculpture, holding the pipe near my mouth. Cristina and Paul had to take the pipe from my hand and put my body in a reclining position on the couch.

In all my previous sessions, I had always maintained basic orientation. I knew who I was, where I was, and why I was having unusual experiences. This time all this dissolved in a matter of seconds. The awareness of my everyday existence, my name, my whereabouts, and my life disappeared as if by magic. Stan Grof … California … United States … planet Earth … these concepts faintly echoed for a few moments like dreamlike images on the far periphery of my consciousness and then faded away altogether. I tried hard to remember myself of all the existence of the realities I used to know, but they suddenly did not make any sense.

In all my previous psychedelic sessions there always had been some rich specific content. The experiences related to my present lifetime – the story of my childhood, infancy, birth, and embryonal life – or to various themes from the transpersonal domain – my past life experiences, images from human history, archetypal visions of deities or demons, or visits to various mythological domains. This time, none of these dimensions seemed to exist, let alone manifest. My only reality was a mass of radiant swirling energy of immense proportions that seemed to contain all of existence in a condensed and entirely abstract form. I became Consciousness facing the Absolute.

Grof's Most Powerful Experience: It had the brightness of myriad suns, yet it was not the same continuum with any light I knew from everyday life. It seemed to be pure consciousness, intelligence, and creative energy transcending all polarities. It was infinite and finite, divine and demonic, terrifying and ecstatic, creative and destructive - all that and much more. I had no concept, no categories for what I was witnessing. I could not maintain a sense of separate existence in the face of such a force. My ordinary identity was shattered and dissolved; I became one with the Source. In retrospect, I believe I must have experienced the Dharmakaya, the Primary Clear Light, which according to the Tibetan Book of the Dead, the Bardo Thödol, appears at the moment of our death. It bore some resemblance to what I encountered in my first LSD session, but it was much more over whelming and completely extinguished any sense of my separate identity.

My encounter with the Absolute lasted approximately 20 minutes of clock time, as measured by external observers. As far as I was concerned, during the entire duration of my experience, time ceased to exist and lost any meaning whatsoever. After what seemed like an eternity, concrete dreamlike images and concepts began to form in my experiential field. I started intuiting fleeting images of a cosmos with galaxies, stars, and planets, Later, I gradually visualized a solar system, and within it the Earth, with large continents.

Stanislav Grof's "When The Impossible Happens": Initially, these images were very distant and unreal, but as the experience continued, I started to feel that these realities might actually have objective existence. Gradually, this crystallized further into the images of the United States and California. The last to emerge was the sense of my everyday identity and the awareness of my present life. At first, the contact with the ordinary reality was extremely faint. I recognized where I was and what the circumstances were. But I was sure that I had taken a dose that was excessive and that I was actually dying. For some time, I believed I was experiencing the bardo, the intermediate state between my present life and my birth in the next incarnation, as it is described in the Tibetan texts.

As I was regaining more solid contact with reality, I reached a point where I knew that I was coming down from a psychedelic session and that I would survive this experiment. I was lying there, still experiencing myself as dying, but now without the sense that my present life was threatened. My dying seemed to be related to scenes from my previous incarnations. I found myself in many dramatic situations happening in different parts of the world throughout the centuries, all of them dangerous and painful. Various groups of muscles in my body were twitching and shaking, as my body was hurting and dying in these different contexts. However, as my karmic history played out in my body, I was in a state of profound bliss, completely detached from all these dramas, which persisted even after all the specific content disappeared from my experience.

Other condensed 5-meo experiences from Oroc's collection: these first-hand psychonaut reports that EROWID collects make fascinating reading since they range from the mystically sublime to the depths of abject terror, and often within a few lines in the same report:
Quote:
“I had an inkling of a thought at some point that there was no possible way I'd ever be my normal self again in my normal life - that I'd shattered the very fabric of time-space or gone insane at the very least. I've had this feeling on high-dose mushrooms and ayahuasca also, and it seems fairly common in MEO experiences. It is state-specific, and no amount of experience seems to keep it form of occuring for some people. The 'Oh no - I've really done it this time…' kind of thing.”

“There was boundless joy, infinite joy - only a brief moment of terror - bafflement - beyond lingual bafflement - this was not elves, no fucking self-dribbling basketballs, I can tell you that - a broad bonk on the head with a blunt cerebral/celestial filter - a cleansing - for a brief moment, I was cleansed of self - my self washed away, it really happened - it was not just a theory, it was a reality - the ontology alteration, the shattering of the world is fully gone, but psychological aftershocks are still buffeting me as I write this, jostling, stunned - christ...”

“I realized I hadn't felt such fear ever before in my life. It was true terror, but something made me feel comfortable. There was no way out, no easy escape, no cheating. I had to let go and accept any potential outcome, and so I did. Gradually I was feeling cold and transported elsewhere, I felt my body was succumbing and my mind had been projected out of it into a void, some sort of space where my perception of time was no longer working or reliable. Everything physical felt meaningless, there was true force there, a power the likes of something I had never seen before.”

“Suddenly, my vision exploded with the most complicated fractals and geometric arrangements as can be imagined. These did not seem to last long, or perhaps I stopped paying attention. Either way, I was no longer seeing anything. I had entered a space devoid of vision, sound, and tactile sensations. I was no longer thinking. I was locked into the experience. I realized that I was finally experiencing reality in its entirety. Gone were the karmic worries of my everyday life. Gone was my sense of 'This is who I am - see, I'm different.' I was one with the universe. I was the universe.”

“Two days after the experience, I feel very little need to return to the MEO space, or any chemically-induced entheogenic space in the near future. There are no more direct routes to the kinds of spaces offered by this and similar sacrements, but there are FAR more gentle ways to nurture the spirit! This one is DEFINATELY NOT for everyone - it is NOT recreational, in my opinion. It can offer, like all entheogens, a terrifying look under the hood, so to speak. If you're not prepared, it could be WAY more than you bargained for.”

“i had lost any sense of identity, of my humanity and of my surroundings. what i experienced next was sensory, though i cannot attribute it to any particular sense. i could not distinguish sights from sounds -- everything enmeshed into a brutalizing cerebral tidal wave that obliterated any and all rational thought. my entire existence was condensed into a hysterical plunge into an incomprehensible abyss. i was not experiencing terror and dread -- i was terror and dread. everything else was muted and vague.”

“Colors entered my perception in impossible layers as the rate of dissintegration increased in exponential leaps. Any concept of 'time' or relative 'space' fractured into a quadrillion holographic pixels and was carried off along with the rest of manifest existence, in impossibly fast motion by another quadrillion overly-anxious, nano-sized, carnivorous ants. 'I' seemed to travel some immense distance in an instant, or more like a non-instant. My perception at once exploded and imploded infinitely. Matrix/lattice-like color patterns gave birth in non-time to explosions of sparks which were galactic in the inward scope and scale. Simultaneously, these explosions recured, compounded, echoed, moving my consciousness inward and outward in unimaginable magnitude, 'eventually' into the yawning maw of Nothingness. All ability to fathom halted. All sense of 'I' became totally transparant, instantly g-o-n-e. No Self/Ego. Breathing, heartbeat, Earth life, past experience... never existed. Absorbed into the infinite, timeless, all permeating, Singularity; the sheer titanic bliss of the Void. This lasted forever. It was a Death, ummm... what can I possibly call 'It'?. It was a state? The anihilation of experience, actually. Infinite, unmanifest potential. Words do not really work, here...”

“Within 10 seconds, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that I was dying, the world was ending, and I was going to hell. It was utterly terrifying. I had no body, I was in the Void, but my inner dialogue was still intact. I kept thinking, 'Oh, no. Oh, NO! I've killed myself and now my karma is dragging me down to hell.' I had archetypal visions of hell and an angry God and me losing my life. The terror was so overwhelming I had to fight my way back to reality. I realized that I was not dead, but I was afraid of the drug. It felt like it was physically trying to grab me and drag me away violently, back to that place.”

Anon: The first thing I remembered was this tremendous euphoria. They’d (her husband and sitter) been holding me onto the couch because I was squirming around and they thought I was going to fall off the couch. Paul (her husband) said, “You were sailing and soaring. You were milking it. You had this look of pure ecstasy on your face.” Then it started coming back to me, that I had, at least for part of the thirty minutes, been in a tremendously happy state, as though everything had come together and everything made perfect sense: the biggest “Aha!” that you could have. The whole of my being and the world’s existence and history had suddenly made complete sense to me.

5-MEO-DMT Reports From TiHKAL:

(with perhaps 15 mg, smoked) "I took a hit from the pipe with five-methoxy in it, and after the 8 to 10 seconds it took to carry the chemical to my brain I remember starting to fall over from my sitting position. My normal physical perceptions dissolved away from my awareness. My ears started to ring and I started to float off. I was acutely aware of a certain resonation of my aural perception, an electrical buzzing that fluctuated in synch with my visual perception.

What I saw can only be described as a fantastically subtle multicolored phosphene, completely filling every area visually available. I say it in this way because I was simultaneously losing contact with my body, I could not tell if my eyes were open or shut, although I initially had the feeling that they were darting back and forth, from side to side. These feelings and sensations built up in intensity very quickly, a matter of seconds: I can remember this feeling of building intensity up to a point, and then I was not there in my body or in time.

In the 10 to 15 minutes that my body was under the influence of the drug my mind was completely referenceless, there was no way for my consciousness to limit or gauge the stimuli my being was barraged with. I remember switching to a perception where the endless and intricate phosphene was love and the energy of light. I called upon those forces within my being to realign and submit, to let go of all the cogent fears and just exist ... and that innate decision saved me a lot of psychic damage. What is most outstanding about the way it feels is an inability to judge in any way, by any method of the mind ... it is unconquerable, as deep and profound as a totally unconditional love that is life. What a trip, huh?"

(with 15 mg, smoked) "At about 60 seconds after I smoked this free base, I beheld every thought that was going on everywhere in the universe and all possible realities while I was wracked out with this horrible ruthless love. It scared the hell out of me. When I could see again (15 minutes later) it was almost as if there was an echo of a thought in my head saying that I was given an extremely rare look at the true consciousness of it all. I've never been hit this hard since then. A definite ++++."

(with 25mg, smoked) “I placed 25 mg of 5-methoxy-DMT in a stainless steel one-quarter teaspoon and vaporized it over a cigarette lighter collecting the smoke in an upside-down funnel. All smoke was inhaled; the taste was mild—none of the plastic taste of DMT. About 10 seconds or so after inhaling the last of the smoke, it began with a fast-rising sense of excitement and wonder, with an undertone of “Now you’ve done it,” but dominated by a sense of, “WOW, This Is IT!”

There was a tremendous sense of speed and acceleration. In perhaps 10 more seconds these feelings built to an intensity I had never experienced before. The entire universe imploded through my consciousness. It’s as if the mind is capable of experiencing a very large number of objects, situations and feelings, but normally perceives them only one at a time. I felt that my mind was perceiving them all at once. There was no distance, no possibility of examining the experience. This was simply the most intense experience possible; a singularity, a white-out (as opposed to a black out). I have little memory of the state itself.

I have no memory, for example, of whether my eyes were opened or closed. After some seconds or minutes, it started to fade and came to resemble a merely intense psychedelic state. Here I had the feeling, a visualization of being part of the universe of beings, all active in our daily, interwoven tasks, still moving at an incredible rate, and with a longing for a single group/organism awareness and transcendence. In a few more minutes it faded to an alert (+one) state with an additional sense of awe and wonder, relief, and a strong feeling of gratitude toward the universe in general, for the experience.”

1) 5-Meo-DMT and James Oroc's first experience & his interpretation of the series of events that generally occur when he smoked 5-MeO-DMT, from "Tryptamine Palace: 5-MeO-DMT and the Sonoran Desert Toad." (2009):

1. Dissolution into fractals of light upon exhalation of the 5-MeO-DMT.

2. Transportation via rapid acceleration into the coherent white light.

"Love. That is all you need to know. I am Love."

“Do not fear,” this other dimension declares, “There is an ocean of love over here.”

After that experience, I stopped asking questions.

3. The subsequent recognition of the unity of All, and that Love is the principle that organizes the universe.

4. Complete dissolution from ego/identity and any concept of time, as I dissolve into resonance with the One; with G/d. (William James “Absolute consciousness”).

5. Fear from disorientation caused by transitioning back into a restricted consciousness, caused by the return of “my” ego.

6. An abrupt repossession of my physical body as the last effects of the 5-MeO-DMT fade away.

7. A period of fading resonance between physical consciousness (consciousness with a small letter “c”) and G/d consciousness (Mind with a capital “M”), as I return completely my normal “baseline” state.

It is important to state once again that within the rudimentary framework that I have provided there is the possibility of an infinite variety of experiences for any given individual. The scenario I have described here is purely from my own voyages and the experience is completely open to other interpretations.

2) From Martin Ball, The Entheogenic Evolution: Psychedelics, Consciousness, and Awakening the Human Spirit:

He then goes on to describe how this situation radically was changed by his first successful ‘full-release’ on a potent, high 5-MeO-DMT mixture of toad venom, phalaris grass extract, and psychotria viridis extract, that was vaporized in a pressurized chamber of argon gas.(!)

With the hit still in my lungs, I lay back on the bed inside the consecrated temple of our ceremonial space. Initially upon taking the hit, I had closed my eyes. But as I was falling back, the hit slowly escaping from my lungs with the sweet smell of 5-MeO-DMT filling the room, my eyes popped open, unable to stay closed.

Within the space of a few heartbeats, I had completely expanded into God. Eyes open in absolute awe and wonder, the room dissolved, my ego dissolved, my entire world dissolved. Everything I had ever known or thought or felt dissolved away into absolute pure nothingness. There was nothing to see, nothing to experience, nothing to perceive. Absolutely pure nothingness. And this nothingness was pure consciousness. And it was love. Infinite love and infinite perfection. Everything was in a state of divine perfection. Nothing was out of place. Nothing was either good or bad. Nothing was right or wrong.

Everything was simply perfect in this pure consciousness, this pure state of being. And this state was not a thing. It was not an object of perception. It was not a concept. It was not an emotion. It was not anything that I could describe in any way. In fact, when asked later, I vaguely described it as “living starlight,” but even that was not accurate, for in truth, it was nothing.

But that no-thing was everything.
It was God.
And it was my deepest nature.
I was one with God.

Not my ego self. That was pretty thoroughly obliterated through the impossibly fast 5-MeO-DMT expansion. It was not as though I identified my personal sense of self with God. Rather, it was that the deepest core of my being, not my ego-identity, was identical with God. As a finite being in a body with a sense of self and identity, I was an expression of God.

At my core, at the very deepest level, my nature as an incarnated being was one with that pure consciousness, that infinite love, that infinite source of creative energy in which all things exist in absolute and unquestionable perfection. In those few heartbeats, this beautiful and sacred medicine had opened me up to the All. I had accepted my own divinity.

“Thank you, God!” I called out as my hands reached up towards that infinite expanse of nothingness, a few moments after the hit of psychedelic medicine flowed out of my lungs. Eyes wide open, gaping in sheer awe at the mysterium tremendum, I embraced God, and the embrace was returned.

“Thank you,” I said, over and over and over again, lasting the better part of an hour as the medicine expanded me out into the farthest reaches of cosmic consciousness and then gently brought me back to myself. I was so overwhelmed that I began crying and laughing at the same time. It was, beyond any doubt, the most beautiful, profound, and total experience of my life.

Nothing in my psychedelic or spiritual history could have prepared me for this divine embrace. It was so total, so complete, so beyond any sense of doubt or wonder or skepticism. It was absolutely undeniable. I could hardly believe that it was true. I could hardly believe that I was saying that word: God.”
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jagube
#22 Posted : 1/9/2019 11:22:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I understand THH synergizes wonderfully with DMT, and this receptorome study explains why.
It doesn't seem THH would add nearly as much to mushrooms though. But I wonder if anyone has tried such a combination?

red291113
#23 Posted : 1/9/2019 12:42:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is an awesome read...Thumbs up
Life is Love & Love is Life

downwardsfromzero
#24 Posted : 1/9/2019 5:14:26 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jagube wrote:
I understand THH synergizes wonderfully with DMT, and this receptorome study explains why.
It doesn't seem THH would add nearly as much to mushrooms though. But I wonder if anyone has tried such a combination?

Elrik recently stated that THH + mescaline showed no significant alteration compared to the typical experience with mescaline alone.

Elrik wrote:
I've repeatedly tried including moderate-dose [150mg] THH•HCl with the harmalas and mescaline and then followed that on a subsequent occasion with an identical dosing minus the THH. I did this all the way up to 750mg white mescaline•HCl washed down with harmine solution [an advanced dose by any measure] and in those trials I did not see THH having any unequivocal effect on the trip. I have yet to try THH•HCl at doses of up to 450mg with mescaline+harmine but it is on my list of things to try before giving up on THH+mescaline entirely.

Thus it seems likely that this will apply to mushrooms/psiloc(yb)in too, unless there are some unforseen metabolic effects.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

tregar
#25 Posted : 1/10/2019 12:38:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mescaline already agonizes 5-h1a strongly, as does THH (inhibits serotonin reuptake). Mescaline also strongly agonizes a2a and a2c, and THH has been found to agonize all three a2a, a2b, and a2c, so they both overlap each other. Remember reading that ron69 stated years ago: that he found no point in combining the two.

Back when was younger, used to try sublingual yohimbe, and always felt that it had a slight entheogenic like feel to it, yohimbe as stated on post #1 is a mediocre 5-ht1a agonist....this helps to explain the feelings from it.

See Yohimbe pharmacology here (receptor data chart):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yohimbine

Notice it's strong agonism of a2a, a2b, and a2c, and fairly mediocre activity at 5-ht1a.

Binding affinity, Ki in nanomolar:

a2a = 1.05, a2b = 1.19, a2c = 1.19, 5-h1a = 346.

The lower the number, the higher the affinity.

Wikipedia:
Quote:
Yohimbine has strong affinity for the α2-adrenergic receptor, moderate affinity for the α1 receptor, 5-HT1A, 5-HT1B, 5-HT1D, 5-HT1F, 5-HT2B, and D2 receptors, and weak affinity for the 5-HT1E, 5-HT2A, 5-HT5A, 5-HT7, and D3 receptors.[14][15] It behaves as an antagonist at α1-adrenergic, α2-adrenergic, 5-HT1B, 5-HT1D, 5-HT2A, 5-HT2B, and D2, and as a partial agonist at 5-HT1A.[14][16][17][18] Yohimbine interacts with serotonin and dopamine receptors in high concentrations.[19]

Yohimbine has been studied as a way to improve the effects of exposure therapy in people with post traumatic stress disorder.

Notice that many of the 5-ht1a agonist (serotonin blockers) on post #1 are used to treat mood and anxiety woes. Keep in mind that all the natural "oral entheogens" along with 5-meo-dmt not only agonize 5-ht1a strongly (80% of brain 5-ht)...but also act in the place of sertotonin at the other 20% of brain 5-ht (everything that is not 5-ht1a). Agonization of 5-ht1a causes serotonin blockage. Thus the oral entheogens and 5-meo-dmt are all thus strongly Anti-serotonin.

There does not appear to be any strong serotonin blockers in rue unlike with traditional caapi, see list of 5-ht1a agonist (serotonin blockers) on post #1 in the middle.

As an aside, briging this up, as feel it is an important concept demonstrating the difference between "thinking consciousness" and "a higher awareness"....that can be practiced in everyday life...

Fan of Eckart Tolle, just as James Oroc states the same in his latest book, he quotes Tolle in several of the chapters.

Eckart states that the stream of thinking going on in our heads continuously blocks consciousness, and he explains a natural way that we can step out of identification with this stream of thinking. You suddenly find there's another dimension deeper than thought inside you...

Oprah talks to Eckart Tolle:
https://www.eckharttolle...rey-O-Magazine-Interview

Quote:
OPRAH: In the beginning of The Power of Now, you describe how, at 29 years old and considering suicide, you thought, I cannot live with myself any longer.… And then suddenly I became aware of what a peculiar thought that was. Am I one or two? If I cannot live with myself, there must be two of me: the "I" and the "self" that "I" cannot live with. Maybe…only one of them is real. I love this because it's the first time I thought, When I say, "I'm going to tell myself something," who is the "I" and who is the "self" I'm telling? That's the fundamental question, isn't it?

ECKHART: That's right. Most people are not aware that they have a little man or woman in their head that keeps talking and talking and whom they are completely identified with. In my case, and in many people's cases, the voice in the head is a predominantly unhappy one, so there's an enormous amount of negativity that is continuously generated by this unconscious internal dialogue.

OPRAH: What happened that enabled you to realize this?

ECKHART: One night, at the moment you were referring to, a separation occurred between the voice that was the incessant stream of thinking and sense of self that identified with that voice, and a deeper sense of self that I later recognized as consciousness itself, rather than something that consciousness had become through thinking.

OPRAH: When you realized that the voice in your head was separate from the awareness, did it blow your mind?

ECKHART: Yes, it did. I didn't understand it; I just realized the next day that I was suddenly at peace. There was a deep sense of inner calm, although externally nothing had changed, so I knew something drastic had happened. A while after this transformation, I was talking to a Buddhist monk who said that Zen is very simple: You don't rely on thought anymore; you go beyond thinking. Then I realized that was what happened to me. All that unhappy, repetitive thinking wasn't there anymore.

OPRAH: Where does our identification with these thoughts and this voice in our heads come from?

ECKHART: The sense of self that is derived from our thinking—which includes all one's memories, one's conditioning, and one's sense of self—is a conceptual one that is derived from the past. It's essential for people to recognize that this voice is going on inside them incessantly, and it's always a breakthrough when people realize, "Here are all my habitual, repetitive, negative thoughts, and here I am, knowing that these thoughts are going through my head." The identification is suddenly broken. That, for many people, is the first real spiritual breakthrough.

And I believe it took a long, long time of increased thinking until people reached a point where they derived their entire sense of who they are from the stream of thinking, the mind-made entity composed of memories, past conditioning, and mental concepts. This is the ego that people identify with.

OPRAH: How is it spiritual?

ECKHART: I see it as not believing in this or that, but as stepping out of identification with a stream of thinking. You suddenly find there's another dimension deeper than thought inside you.

OPRAH: And what is that?

ECKHART: I call it stillness. It's an aware presence, nothing to do with past or future. We can also call it "waking up." That's why many spiritual traditions use the term awakening. You wake up out of this dream of thinking. You become present.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

tregar
#26 Posted : 1/10/2019 9:55:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not only does LSD, mescaline, Ayahuasca, psilocin, 5-meo-dmt (virola snuffs) & 5-ho-dmt (Anadenanthera peregrina or yopo snuffs) inhibit serotonin...

...but Ibogaine inhibits both serotonin and dopamine reuptake transporters (it is an SDRI or serotonin & dopamine reuptake inhibitor).

Plant admixture dmt does not inhibit serotonin on it's own, but requires either team player caapi to do this, or team player snuffs to do this, which is how it is dreamed traditionally in the Amazon....teamwork is the keyword here.

Jagube
#27 Posted : 1/12/2019 6:01:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Harmine binds to 5HT2A and 5HT2C receptors as well as I2R and DAT, as Dennis McKenna says in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/...=3Yvzbfdba0k&t=2416s (around 43m 30s). The affinities for 5HT2A and 5HT2C are 230 and 5340 IC50/Ki (nM) in rats, respectively.

tregar
#28 Posted : 1/13/2019 2:27:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice video Jagube, thanks. Yes, as you mention, harmine and harmaline bind to 5-ht2a & 5-ht2c as can be seen below in screenshot (harmine is stronger).

5-HT1A Receptor Agonists:

man-made:

aripiprazole (Abilify)
buspirone (BuSpar)
clozapine (Clozaril)
nefazodone (Serzone)
trazodone (Desyrel)
vilazodone (Viibryd
ziprasidone (Geodon)

natural:

LSD (strong)
mescaline (strong)
ibogaine (strong)
psilocybin (strong)
5-meo-dmt (super-strong)
5-ho-dmt (strong)
tetrahydroharmine (strong)
yohimbine (moderate)

Notice: there does not appear to be any strong serotonin blockers in rue unlike with traditional caapi or traditional Amazonian snuffs. Low strength serotonin blockers perhaps yes....but the data I have seen for harmine and harmaline indicate >10,000 Ki nm at 5-ht1a, which is very poor. (see middle column below of screenshot on page 5 of 12 of paper).

The lower the Ki nm number, the higher the affinity. This data can be read at: "Binding of b-carbolines and related agents at serotonin 5-HT2 and 5-HT1A, dopamine and benzodiazepine receptors" by Richard A. Glennon and Malgorzata Dukat.

According to Dr Goodman (attached paper): serotonin blocking results in mild stimulation & excitement.

According to Dr. Nichols (attached paper, LSD scientist & founder of Heffter institute): 5-ht1a receptors in the brain make up more than 80% of brain 5-ht, 5-ht1a agonism results in serotonin blockage. The natural oral entheogens and 5-meo-dmt are all thus strongly anti-serotonin. They not only block serotonin at 80% of brain 5-ht, but also act in the place of serotonin at the other 20% of brain 5-ht (everything that is not 5-ht1a).

According to Aldous Huxley, as we go thru day to day life, the brain filters (theoretical 5-ht1a serotonin gates/barriers) are in place so that we will not be overwhelmed by the perception of the way things would appear to an un-filtered mind, or "Mind at Large" as Aldous Huxley describes it in "Doors of Perception" as "infinite or eternal". These filters and defense mechanisms are in place to help us survive in the everyday world.

ShamensStamen
#29 Posted : 1/13/2019 6:49:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

As i've mentioned before, using Rue and Mimosa/Acacia i've been able to reduce/dissolve the filters of the mind, 5-HT1A is not necessary imo. Also i think Limonene is also a 5-HT1A agonist.

Jagube
#30 Posted : 1/13/2019 9:23:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
As i've mentioned before, using Rue and Mimosa/Acacia i've been able to reduce/dissolve the filters of the mind, 5-HT1A is not necessary imo. Also i think Limonene is also a 5-HT1A agonist.

I've experienced a complete dissolution of the self on Rue and Mimosa.

I'm not exactly sure what implications being a 5-HT1A agonist has. Many things seem to possess this agonism that we don't think of as psychedelic or even psychoactive. So maybe we should be careful drawing conclusions.

What receptors something binds to doesn't tell us what effects on consciousness it has. When something binds to 5-HT1A it's either serotonin itself or mimics serotonin, but we all know that the effects of 5-MeO-DMT binding to these receptors are very different from the effects of serotonin binding to the same receptors.

tregar
#31 Posted : 1/14/2019 6:24:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen said:
Quote:

Jagube said:
Quote:
I've experienced a complete dissolution of the self on Rue and Mimosa.

Good point ShamensStamen and Jagube, many who have dreamed Rue and Mimosa/Acacia have expressed their views on how they still dissolve the filters in the mind: concerning rue and barks: perhaps there are some other additional mechanisms that result in reducing and dissolving the filters in the mind involved with everyday thinking consciousness. Even though I am a traditionalist, I keep an open mind always, the possibilities may not be involved with any present day studies yet. There might even be unstudied alkaloids in these barks you mention that even target 5-ht1a for all we know, the realm of the unknown.

dragonrider
#32 Posted : 1/14/2019 6:52:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, bufotenin is a hallucinogen. But not realy psychedelic: It has very little effects on the mind itself. It is mostly visual. So at least 5-ht1A by itself is not enough to have these mind altering effects.

tregar
#33 Posted : 1/16/2019 1:57:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, agree dragonrider. 5-ht1a "by itself" is not as psychedelic unless the molecule is not only blocking serotonin at 5-ht1a (80% of brain 5-ht), but also acting in the place of serotonin at the other 20% of brain 5-ht receptors (Ayahuasca, LSD, mescaline, ibogaine, psilocin, snuffs).

These snuffs from the Amazon contain 5-ho-dmt (bufotenin) plus small to tiny amounts of dmt & 5-meo-dmt together, resulting in what appears to be agonization of nearly 100% of brain 5-ht.

According to "Keeper of the Trout”: 5-meo-dmt is frequently the major active component in many South American snuffs derived from Virola...and in a minority of the snuffs derived from Anadenanthera: which is mainly bufotenin (another potent 5-ht1a agonist/serotonin blocker) and small to tiny amounts of dmt along with tiny amounts of 5-meo-dmt.

Jagube
#34 Posted : 6/11/2020 7:20:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tregar - I'm wondering what is the source of the claim that the adrenergic alpha-2 receptors are responsible for aesthetic appreciation? A simple Google search doesn't bring up anything.

Also, do you have information on what effects the different 5-HT* receptors are responsible for?

tregar
#35 Posted : 6/15/2020 3:16:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, good question Jagube, you will find the theoretical associations of the receptors in the book by James Kent "Psychedelic Information theory." I think I still have the book and will post the page here if I can find it. Cactus has the highest activity at A2C (4.00 max) which is off the scale high, and acid and cactus have the same 2.97 (on a scale of 0 to 4.0 max) at A2A, acid has zero activity at A2B and A2C. DMT is around 2.5 to 3.3 or so for A2A, A2B, and A2C. However, shutting down of 80% of the brain's serotonin receptors (when 5-ht1a is targeted, it inhibits serotonin firing at oveer 80% of brain 5-ht) is thought to be necessary for shutting down the brain's normal-mode survival mode, allowing infinite unfiltered divine territory to be accessed, music sounds better, increased aesthetic perception, accessing of akashic record which contains all past, present & future, etc.)

LSD, mescaline, Ayahuascs (combined with caapi), shrooms all target 5-ht1a heavily, but dmt smoked on it's own has no inhibitory action on 5-ht1a (reads 0 on a scale of 0 to 4.0 max), only combining dmt with caapi does this same effect take place that happens with cactus, lsd, shrooms. Team work in other words, just like the Shaman's use it as traditional Ayahuasca.

LSD scientist & founder of Heffter Institute Dr. Nichols:
Quote:
LSD has very strong potency in blocking the action of serotonin. The morpholide lysergamide cousin had only about 1/10th the potency in blocking serotonin. Of the 5 diferent dialkylamides we studied LSD was the most potent and specific serotonin antagonist. (Ref 7)

Dr. Nichols
Quote:
5-ht1a makes up >80% of brain 5-ht...5-ht1a agonism blocks serotonin. (Ref 3)

2 studies below that show no 5-ht1a activity with DMT alone (smoked):

Thomas S. Ray, Psychedelics and the Human Receptorome (2010):
https://journals.plos.or...371/journal.pone.0009019
hxxp://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0009019
Breadth of Receptor Binding, 4.00=max, 0.00=min
Quote:
LSD: 5ht1a = 3.73, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.88, mescaline = 3.61, 5-meo-DMT: = 4.00 (make up >80% of brain 5-ht)
LSD: 5ht1b = 4.00, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.19, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.41
LSD: 5ht1d = 3.70, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 3.40, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.48
LSD: 5ht1e = 2.62, DMT: = 3.28, psilocin = 3.03, mescaline = 3.16, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.72
LSD: 5ht2a = 3.54, DMT: = 2.58, psilocin = 2.14, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.98
LSD: 5ht2b = 3.11, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 4.00, mescaline = 3.97, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.69 (sensual & entactogenic)
LSD: 5ht2c = 3.11, DMT: = 3.42, psilocin = 2.52, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.55
LSD: 5ht5a = 3.64, DMT: = 3.16, psilocin = 2.83, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.84
LSD: -5ht6 = 3.75, DMT: = 3.35, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.73
LSD: -5ht7 = 3.77, DMT: = 4.00, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.69
LSD: ---D1 = 2.34, DMT: = 3.51, psilocin = 3.37, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.38
LSD: -A-2A = 2.93, DMT: = 2.75, psilocin = 1.36, mescaline = 2.92, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.00 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2a)
LSD: -A-2B = 0.00, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.57, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.86 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2b)
LSD: -A-2C = 0.00, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.03, mescaline = 4.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.57 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2c)

Ibogaine binds directly to the serotonin transporter (SERT), so it does not have to target the 5-ht1a substrate pathway. This could be likely what happens with tetrahydroharmine, as THH and ibogaine have similar basic beta-carboline structures.

Thomas S. Ray's study shows a value of 3.57 at SERT for Ibogaine (4.00 is max). Ibogaine has been shown to inhibit serotonin transporter (SERT) noncompetitively, in contrast to all other known inhibitors, which are competitive with substrate.

Thomas S. Ray Receptorome study, 4.00=max, 0.00=min.
Quote:
Ibogaine: 4.00 Sigma2, 3.57 SERT, 3.02 DAT, 3.01 NMDA, 2.88 KOR, 2.67 MOR, 2.55 Sigma1, 2.22 M3, 2.16 5ht2a, 1.96 M1, 1.72 M2, 1.47 D3;

0.00: DOR, 5ht1b, 5ht1d, 5ht1a, H1, 5ht2c, D2, D1, Beta1; ND: Alpha2C, D5, D4, Alpha2B, Imidazoline1, NET, Alpha2A, 5ht5a, 5ht6, 5ht7, Alpha1B, 5ht1e, 5ht2b, M4, M5, Alpha1A, H2, CB2, CB1, Ca+Channel, Beta2

Ibogaine (inhibits both serotonin and dopamine reuptake transporters, it is an SDRI or serotonin & dopamine reuptake inhibitor). Tetrahydroharmine (serotonin reuptake inhibitor, it is an SRI found in caapi.)

Additional 1988 study which backs up the 2011 Thomas S. Ray receptorome study:

Pharmacology of 5-hydroxytryptamine-1A receptors which inhibit cAMP production in hippocampal and cortical neurons in primary culture. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2828913
Quote:
5-HT1A agonist: All the tryptamine derivatives substituted in position 5 of the indol were potent agonists [5-HT, 5-CT, 5-MeO-N,N-DMT, 5-methoxytryptamine, and bufotenine (5-ho-DMT), whereas tryptamine, N-methyltryptamine (NMT), and N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) were very poor agonists.

Jagube
#36 Posted : 6/16/2020 11:04:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tregar wrote:
you will find the theoretical associations of the receptors in the book by James Kent "Psychedelic Information theory." I think I still have the book and will post the page here if I can find it.

That would be appreciated.

tregar wrote:
dmt smoked on it's own has no inhibitory action on 5-ht1a (reads 0 on a scale of 0 to 4.0 max), only combining dmt with caapi does this same effect take place that happens with cactus, lsd, shrooms. Team work in other words, just like the Shaman's use it as traditional Ayahuasca.

I wonder if that is just a theory or also people's experience?

Also this fairly recent paper seems to contradict the data in the original post:
Neuropharmacology of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine
Quote:
DMT's affinity for the 5-HT1A receptor is higher compared to 5-methoxy-dimethyl tryptamine (5-MeO-DMT), 6.5 +/- 1.5 nM and 170 +/- 35 nM, respectively (McKenna et al., 1990)

tregar
#37 Posted : 6/17/2020 1:06:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Imho, I trust the 2011 and other study I give above over the 1990 study. Plus there is just no way that DMT on it's own could be as super-potent (see above) as it is at the other 20% of brain receptors (everything that is not 5-ht1a, which make up over 80% of brain 5-ht) while still being super potent at 5-ht1a, it just is not possible for a single molecule to do that. All the other natural entheogens conform to this theory (see above). The fact that the shaman's don't smoke DMT but use it in snuffs (which inhibit 5-ht1a) or with caapi (which inhibit 5-ht1a) saids a lot. Not saying there is anything wrong with smoked dmt, just that Shaman's don't smoke dmt, there is no shamanic history of smoked dmt.Traditional usage of plants as they have been used for centuries is favored imho.

It's okay to differ as well, you can believe whatever study you want to, but in the end I always revert back to proven long-history Shamanic use of plants, which is snuff's (which give effects for 3 hours, and contain strong 5-ht1a inhibitory actives) or caapi+leaf (actives in caapi strongly inhibit 5-ht1a) when it comes down to additives added to Caapi, which is considered "Ayahuasca" whether it is brewed alone (caapi alone) or with psychotria or chaliponga, which is the traditional definition of caapi.

Jagube
#38 Posted : 6/17/2020 2:32:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It takes some chemistry knowledge and materials to produce fairly pure, smokable DMT, neither of which have been traditionally available to the shamans. Also the most convenient DMT source (for extractions), MHRB, is not native to the Amazon and hasn't been traditionally available either.

The point is the Amazonian shamanic technology is not necessarily perfect; it may be the best that could have been developed within the environmental context it was developed in, but outside of that context there may be not only room for improvement, but also a whole world of possibilities.
The Amazonian shamanic technology can built upon and expanded; that's essentially the purpose of the Nexus.

I'm not suggesting DMT smoked in isolation is better in any way; I have partaken of Ayahuasca many more times than I have smoked (or more accurately, vaped) DMT, and I have only vaped DMT in combination with either oral caapi or isolated harmalas, never on its own. So I don't even know what DMT on its own is like. But I think it's good to have an open mind and not let any attachment to or bias towards tradition (or anything else for that matter) get in the way of our search for truth. Again, I'm not implying that's what's happening here, and it's not even aimed at any person in particular.

So we have a study that shows no affinity for 5-HT1a, and one that shows strong affinity. I didn't realize at first the latter was from 1990, my bad! Still, I wonder whence the discrepancy. I don't think it's a matter of "you can believe whichever study you want", because it's not a matter of belief.

ShamensStamen
#39 Posted : 6/17/2020 5:07:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jagube wrote:
It takes some chemistry knowledge and materials to produce fairly pure, smokable DMT, neither of which have been traditionally available to the shamans. Also the most convenient DMT source (for extractions), MHRB, is not native to the Amazon and hasn't been traditionally available either.

The point is the Amazonian shamanic technology is not necessarily perfect; it may be the best that could have been developed within the environmental context it was developed in, but outside of that context there may be not only room for improvement, but also a whole world of possibilities.
The Amazonian shamanic technology can built upon and expanded; that's essentially the purpose of the Nexus.

I'm not suggesting DMT smoked in isolation is better in any way; I have partaken of Ayahuasca many more times than I have smoked (or more accurately, vaped) DMT, and I have only vaped DMT in combination with either oral caapi or isolated harmalas, never on its own. So I don't even know what DMT on its own is like. But I think it's good to have an open mind and not let any attachment to or bias towards tradition (or anything else for that matter) get in the way of our search for truth. Again, I'm not implying that's what's happening here, and it's not even aimed at any person in particular.

So we have a study that shows no affinity for 5-HT1a, and one that shows strong affinity. I didn't realize at first the latter was from 1990, my bad! Still, I wonder whence the discrepancy. I don't think it's a matter of "you can believe whichever study you want", because it's not a matter of belief.

I agree. The reason they don't traditionally smoke DMT is because they either had no interest in it or they couldn't find a way to do so, imo, had they had the methods to do so, they likely would have. Just like with Cannabis, Cannabis would've definitely be used traditionally in the jungle, had it grown there natively and had there not been anti-drug propaganda surrounding the smoking of Cannabis, yet because of the anti-drug propaganda and laws, Cannabis seems to be frowned upon by the traditional Amazonian community, or at least within the Aya tourism crowd.

Also we should keep in mind that there's many things within the academic study world that contradicts one another, until further research on DMT's binding profile is done, apparently we can't say for sure if it is or is not a 1A agonist, but imo/ime i believe that it is also a 1A agonist, why wouldn't it be? Just because one study comes out saying it's not, doesn't mean it's not, that study/binding profile needs to be replicated and reproduced to make sure, that's how science works. We can say that according to the study we can have a suspicion that it may not be a 1A agonist, but we can't say with certainty until it's replicated and found to indeed be true.

I also think it's a good thing to not only put bias and tradition aside, but to also explore and try/do new things. I hate tradition, i can respect tradition and appreciate what it has to offer, but that doesn't mean i have to conform to tradition, neither do i think other people should conform entirely to tradition, tradition seems to hold people back imo from what i've seen, think about religion for example, or political party tradition (always voting for one party no matter the candidate). To think one person or groups way of doing things is the only or best way, leaves out a lot of potential and exploration and experimentation, it limits us to a particular way of doing things and negates all the other potential. People act like just because a group or groups have been doing something a certain way for a few thousand years, that it's the end all be all, Christianity has done that, look where it's gotten them. That's why i'm a non-traditionalist, i can appreciate and respect and participate in traditionalist views/values/ways of doing things, without being bound to only that way, i'm free to do what i want to do, rather than being told "this is the way it must be done and anything else is blasphemy".

But with that said, i've only had DMT orally with Rue, Harmalas, Moclobemide, and smoked in the form of Changa, i haven't tried smoked DMT on it's own, yet. But i have had mushrooms, 4-ACO, and Psilohuasca a good sized handful of times, and especially Psilohuasca i haven't found to differ too much from using oral DMT, of course though 4-ACO and mushrooms on their own without the Harmalas is going to be a good bit different but even then i didn't notice anything out of the ordinary that i haven't yet gotten from oral DMT.

tregar
#40 Posted : 6/24/2020 1:13:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for your valuable comments Jagube & ShamensStamen. We can differ on our thoughts on the matter as well, it's perfectly fine, it's a good thing. Variety is the spice of life.

Re-wrote so better to understand:

Thomas S. Ray, Psychedelics and the Human Receptorome (2010):
https://journals.plos.or...371/journal.pone.0009019
hxxp://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0009019
Breadth of Receptor Binding, 4.00=max, 0.00=min
Quote:
LSD: 5ht1a = 3.73, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.88, mescaline = 3.61, 5-meo-DMT: = 4.00 (make up >80% of brain 5-ht)
LSD: 5ht1b = 4.00, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.19, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.41
LSD: 5ht1d = 3.70, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 3.40, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.48
LSD: 5ht1e = 2.62, DMT: = 3.28, psilocin = 3.03, mescaline = 3.16, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.72
LSD: 5ht2a = 3.54, DMT: = 2.58, psilocin = 2.14, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.98
LSD: 5ht2b = 3.11, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 4.00, mescaline = 3.97, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.69 (sensual & entactogenic)
LSD: 5ht2c = 3.11, DMT: = 3.42, psilocin = 2.52, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.55
LSD: 5ht5a = 3.64, DMT: = 3.16, psilocin = 2.83, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.84
LSD: -5ht6 = 3.75, DMT: = 3.35, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.73
LSD: -5ht7 = 3.77, DMT: = 4.00, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.69
LSD: ---D1 = 2.34, DMT: = 3.51, psilocin = 3.37, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.38
LSD: -A-2A = 2.93, DMT: = 2.75, psilocin = 1.36, mescaline = 2.92, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.00 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2a)
LSD: -A-2B = 0.00, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.57, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.86 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2b)
LSD: -A-2C = 0.00, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.03, mescaline = 4.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.57 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2c)

Ibogaine binds directly to the serotonin transporter (SERT), so it does not have to target the 5-ht1a substrate pathway. This could be likely what happens with tetrahydroharmine, as THH in caapi (2nd highest ingredient in caapi after harmine) and ibogaine have similar basic beta-carboline structures.

Thomas S. Ray's study shows a value of 3.57 at SERT for Ibogaine (4.00 is max). Ibogaine has been shown to inhibit serotonin transporter (SERT) noncompetitively, in contrast to all other known inhibitors, which are competitive with substrate.

Thomas S. Ray Receptorome study, 4.00=max, 0.00=min.
Quote:
Ibogaine: 4.00 Sigma2, 3.57 SERT, 3.02 DAT, 3.01 NMDA, 2.88 KOR, 2.67 MOR, 2.55 Sigma1, 2.22 M3, 2.16 5ht2a, 1.96 M1, 1.72 M2, 1.47 D3;

0.00: DOR, 5ht1b, 5ht1d, 5ht1a, H1, 5ht2c, D2, D1, Beta1; ND: Alpha2C, D5, D4, Alpha2B, Imidazoline1, NET, Alpha2A, 5ht5a, 5ht6, 5ht7, Alpha1B, 5ht1e, 5ht2b, M4, M5, Alpha1A, H2, CB2, CB1, Ca+Channel, Beta2

Ibogaine (inhibits both serotonin and dopamine reuptake transporters, it is an SDRI or serotonin & dopamine reuptake inhibitor). Tetrahydroharmine (serotonin reuptake inhibitor, it is an SRI found in caapi.)

Additional 1988 study which backs up the 2011 Thomas S. Ray receptorome study:

Pharmacology of 5-hydroxytryptamine-1A receptors which inhibit cAMP production in hippocampal and cortical neurons in primary culture.
Quote:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2828913
5-HT1A agonist: All the tryptamine derivatives substituted in position 5 of the indol were potent agonists [5-HT, 5-CT, 5-MeO-N,N-DMT, 5-methoxytryptamine, and bufotenine (5-ho-DMT), whereas tryptamine, N-methyltryptamine (NMT), and N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT) were very poor agonists.

As we go thru day to day life, the brain serotonin filters (or gates) are in place so that we will not be overwhelmed by the perception of the way things would appear to an un-filtered mind, or "Mind at Large" as Aldous Huxley describes it in "Doors of Perception" as "infinite or eternal". He also referred to the visions as coming from "the other world" in his book "Moksha". I prefer to think of it in similar terms as well "the spirit world" or "the other world".

5-ht1a inhibition (in green above) theoretically causes this filter system to be lifted, and the infinite mind to manifest in combination with oral dmt from traditional psychotria for example.

Dr. Nichols:
Quote:
LSD has very strong potency in blocking the action of serotonin. LSD is strongly "anti-serotonin". The morpholide lysergamide cousin had only about 1/10th the potency in blocking serotonin. Of the 5 diferent dialkylamides we studied LSD was the most potent and specific serotonin antagonist. 5-ht1a makes up >80% of brain 5-ht receptors.

An example of the importance of adding the serotonin reuptake inhibition properties of 5-meo-dmt for example to dmt (which totally lacks 5-ht1 reuptake properites on it's own) is described in combination experiments in James Oroc's book "Tryptamine Palace". This is the same way the snuff's are used in the amazon, as they naturally combine dmt with additives which cause the reuptake of 5-ht like bufotenin for example (giving effects which last 3 hours)...or as Ayahuasca is used traditionally in the Amazon, teamwork combining caapi with admixture. This way, the dmt in admixture leaf psychotria targets the other 20% of brain receptors very heavily (see dmt receptorome in chart above), while caapi being an SRI inhibits the other 80% of brain 5-ht at 5-ht1a (inhibiting the brain filters normally used day to day in survival mode) just like the other oral entheogens above like LSD, mescaline, ibogaine, shrooms, 5-meo-dmt, bufotenine in snuffs.

PREV123NEXT