We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia longifolia harvest Options

calyx420
#1 Posted : 1/5/2019 6:57:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What is best part to harvest from this acacia and does plant material need to be dried before extraction....i have only ever used mhrb with a/b tek and i am wondering if plant needs to be dried before extraction. Also when harvesting root bark from plants what is best way to harvest without damaging plants for continual harvests.....

Much obliged......Big grin Big grin
“The quieter you become the more you can hear”

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

calyx420
#2 Posted : 1/9/2019 12:18:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So i harvested the phyllodes and twigs of an acacia cyclops....i took the material and dried it in an oven and grinded into powder. After that i weighed. The amonunt was about 400g dried. I used a simple A/B extraction... after everything pull was only .3 of what appeared to be nmt/dmt... so i believe that the phyllodes and twigs was low % of the treasured spice i crave....i also believe that the oven was set at too high of a temprature when i dried....So i decided to go back treasure hunting andto harvest bark from lower levels of the majestic trees...i have collected what i believe to be a kilogram when dried i will attach pictures of bark that is wet that i collected today....I am going to allow bark to dry in a shady cool area away from the sun as to not deteriorate the beautiful tryptamine i am looking for....

So i will again try a simple A/B tek .... im wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a tek to use.....i am also wondering if anyone knows a way to remove the nmt from the finished product...any suggestions i welcome for a cleaner product and a better yield from this acacia that has little to no info on this forum.... i will be posting reults and photos of the whole process from begining to end.....

Attached is a photo of wet bark i am drying to start extraction

calyx420 attached the following image(s):
1E8EF24B-63DF-411F-8FAD-2F16C8E38C28.png (23,090kb) downloaded 99 time(s).

leratiomyces
#3 Posted : 1/9/2019 3:38:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Look in the advanced chemistry section. There are two proposed methods for separating nmt from dmt which have been "stickied".
I have observed the aspirin method to work well. I have posted in that thread.
Can not speak for the co2 method.

Just a word on harvesting material. Consider whether you are potentially killing the tree. Phyllodes, probably not. But when you take lower trunk bark, there is a genuine chance that the tree may not fare well. Food for thought. Some options for you in this regard are to grow your own tree, or to inspect areas after a storm for any trees that have blown over recently, and are doomed.

With regard to info on cyclops, have you checked nen's 100 page thread?

Good luck with it, keep us in the loop.

calyx420
#4 Posted : 1/9/2019 3:54:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

When i harvested bark i found trees that were big and strong....I stripped pieces from different parts of tree.... that way the bark prob wont regrow but it is will def not kill the plant.... i.e. when i took strips from one area only on each tree in like 12” by 4” strips....luckily the trees i found are huge and there are many spirit giving trees... i figured i would wait for healing before i strip anymore from same tree.... reason i am trying bark is phylloded and leaves contained dmt but was very low amount for yield...i think partly because i used to much heat in oven when drying and partly because i think this variety has low percents in leaves and phyllodes....i will definitely be posting all results for pyschnauts to know more about acacia cyclops..there is one acacia farnesia or sweet acacia near me its a pretty big specimen but the thorns make harvesting a little more difficult. Also when i tried sweet acacia i didnt grind or mulch wood and i didnt dry material...so i will be collecting more soon and drying and trying a tek on it...i will also leave all info on that extraction when i complete..

I want to try a tek on a golden wattle i found also.....and i am thinking of doing an extract with all three barks together could be magical......Big grin

I am definately trying to not do any harm to these gifts from god....

calyx420
#5 Posted : 1/9/2019 5:05:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Where can i find nen’s 100?

leratiomyces
#6 Posted : 1/9/2019 8:17:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

calyx420 wrote:
Where can i find nen’s 100?

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=23472

It's a must read if you intend on investigating all the acacias you listed.

Northerner
#7 Posted : 1/9/2019 9:08:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't strip bark from the trunk! Mad That is cutting the tree's arteries!

Find a small low hanging branch and cut it off with a clean saw. Then you can try phyllodes and bark extractions. Thumbs up

Don't try harvesting root bark in the wild either, it's just not worth it on any Aus native I've found as there's as there's so much to be found above the ground.

I've had similar experiences with cyclops. There's many longifolia variants. Good luck.

Chop the bark with secetuers, smash it with a hammer a bit and dry. Then you can either powder it in a blender or just chop it again and go to A/B.

Extended acid cooks are good x 3. Then boil it down and base and pull. Thumbs up

The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.