We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Natural MAOI's? Options

MachienDome
#1 Posted : 1/4/2019 1:53:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What experience do Nexians have with MAOI's coming from natural sources? Would MAO-A or B be the best to have "inhibited"?

Quote:

Syrian Rue
Passionflower
Yohimbe
Banisteriopsis caapi
Kava (MAO-B?)
Tumeric/Pepper
Nutmeg???

Is it true that Syrian Rue is the most potent? Is high potency always the best route in the way of safety?
Does anyone have experience with the rest in the list? What would be the most safe to use with DMT yet have the highest effect?

Passionflower as MAOI:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=26102

WebMD:
"https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-871/passionflower" wrote:

POSSIBLY UNSAFE

for most people when taken by mouth in large amounts, such as 3.5 grams of a specific extract (Sedacalm by Bioplus Healthcare) over a 2-day period.
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

fathomlessness
#2 Posted : 1/8/2019 1:26:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pretty much the only useable forms of MAOI come from Caapi and Rue. All others are too small in content. I believe MAOI-a is responsible for desired inhibitory effects. Extracting the harmalas in to acids or freebases are a good idea and is very easy and does not require solvents.
I like natural MAOI as they are a bit sedative, but pharma MAOI like moclobemide has a bit more clarity to it with no nausea. I sleep absolutely horribly on both, and everyone i have talked to says the same thing.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 1/8/2019 5:21:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Harmine is a reversible inhibitor of MAO-A. It's amazing how unclear information about natural sources of this compound is. Besides P. harmala, B. caapi and maybe some Passiflora spp. we don't really hear of anything else being used effectively.

Bassia (Kochia) scoparia is said to contain harmine in the seeds.

Tribulus terrestris is also listed as a harmine-containing plant, although tests have shown the seeds to contain little if any in the way of harmala alkaloids.

https://erowid.org/chemi...a/ayahuasca_info11.shtml

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

MachienDome
#4 Posted : 3/4/2019 10:38:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting, thanks! I guess Syrian Rue it is, then.. I was wondering about if its used so often beacuse its better or just more available. From what I can find it looks like both are the reason because of its effectiveness and short-term harmful dierary effects. Correct me if im wrong! Thanks for the input downward & fathom! Any favorite extraction teks for the syrian rue?
"In this secret room, from the past, I seek the future..."

AcaciaConfusedYah
#5 Posted : 3/4/2019 12:29:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Unless you have sentimental purpose of using a specific plant, then rue is fine. If you're going to make a tea - I prefer the taste of caapi over rue. If the plan is extraction, then check out the Tao of Rue on the nexus wiki. Even searching the wiki with "tao of rue" should lead you right to a good tek. Rue is not hard to extract, but it can be time consuming. Some folks have found that decanting, after the plant matter has settled, reduces some of the need to filter.

Take care,
ACY
Sometimes it's good for a change. Other times it isn't.