CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV101112
A new, important idea--must read! Options

downwardsfromzero
#221 Posted : 7/16/2018 12:42:38 PM

Eggnogstic - warning! Self-irony levels: high!

Chemical expertSenior Member

Quote:
FB also dissolves in alcohol. downwardsfromzero, interested in your results. Hope inhaling alcohol isn't bad though.

I found that 90% alcohol wasn't the best choice of solvent. It's pretty harsh on the throat tissues as one might imagine. DMT freebase is also freely soluble in 50% alcohol so it seems that may work. But that's still inhaling export-strength vodka, and I haven't tried this yet.

The aqueous PG solution seems like a comparable method and may be gentler on the throat. I think for the long term aqueous DMT fumarate would be best although it presents issues with sterility. Perhaps addition of alcohol at 20% would act as a suitable preservative.

(I now wonder if a little freebase would dissolve in this fumarate/20% ethanol solution.)

What's been holding me back - besides being busy doing other things - is the low capacity of my nebuliser device and its propensity to clog. Obtaining a high-capacity device will only become a priority when cashflow permits.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

β€œTo be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality."
― Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Loveall
#222 Posted : 1/6/2019 2:32:11 PM

πŸ’–

I still think we will get this to work one day.

In the meantime, check out these guys. They found a way to deliver RNA with a nebulizer and got mice to produce fluorescent proteins. Shocked
β€œ... (a) psychedelic substance occasionally causes psychotic behaviour in people who have not taken it.”
Excerpt from a McKenna talk transcript / audio.

downwardsfromzero
#223 Posted : 1/7/2019 6:34:14 PM

Eggnogstic - warning! Self-irony levels: high!

I haven't forgotten this thread!

Having re-read the entire thing today, there are a few experiments to try regarding solvents:

- 50/50 DMSO/water
- 50% ethanol
- DMSO/water/ethanol
- DMSO/PG

Also it appears that a way to produce DMT.HCl using hardware store HCl without introducing non-volatile contaminants would be to place an open container of DMT freebase and an open container of HCl next to each other in a larger, sealed container. The HCl vapours will combine with the DMT, forming the hydrochloride. This will (presumably) liquefy on account of its hygroscopic properties. The liquid should then absorb more HCl and before long all the freebase will be converted to DMT.HCl syrup. Excess HCl can be outgassed with a vacuum pump or by adding distilled water and evaporating down with heat, repeated a few times.
Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege et labora

β€œTo be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be place under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harassed, hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality."
― Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

«PREV101112