We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Would this work? Options

growit&smokeit
#1 Posted : 11/30/2009 9:26:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, Would it be possible to use this method? Get the Hostillis and break it up then use citric acid or acetic aid in water for the acid extraction. Then evaporate it to leave either DMT Citrate or DMT acetate. Use Sodium Bi-Carbonate/Sodium Carbonate and water to turn it into freebase DMT. Or do the previous but basify the acid dmt solution first with Sodium Bi-Carbonate/Sodium Carbonate then evapourate it.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nadir
#2 Posted : 11/30/2009 9:31:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

you'll get loads of tannins and oils, so the residue will be unsmokable.
that's why np solvents are used for.
get yourself some naphta and do a\b / stb or get some d-limo and do a foodgrade extraction.
goodluck!
all my posts are random generated and can not be evaluated as distinct ideas

Evening Glory wrote:
This is a medicine, remember, not some video you can watch inside your head.

growit&smokeit
#3 Posted : 11/30/2009 10:14:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks I thought it doubtful such a simple method would work. With the d-limo foodgrade extraction how come when the DMT is salted out of the d-limonene it contains 75% DMT freebase surely it would be all converted to DMT fumerate?

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/30/2009 10:32:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

as said, evaporating the mimosa tea will leave you with way too much gunk appart from dmt.. plus when you make a paste of this evapped stuff with sodium carbonate, how are you going to pull dmt freebase out of it?

also the amount of water to evap of the original tea is quite a lot, will be a lot of time and energy..

the dlimo extraction, the dmt is salted out of the limonene because limonene dissolves dmt way too good even at low temps, so it cant be freeze precipitated, and it doesnt evap clean, it leaves too much residue.. So the solution people found is to salt it out with fumaric acid solution or just vinegar, and then evap that instead (which will be mostly alkaloids, not much gunk anymore), to leave either solid dmt fumarate or gooey dmt acetate... then, if one wants freebase, make paste with sodium carbonate and mix, let dry, and then pull this stuff with IPA or acetone, and this will pick up the freebase alkaloids and leave the rest behind, filtering the IPA/acetone and evapping it (for example any sodium carbonate contamination will stay behind).

growit&smokeit
#5 Posted : 11/30/2009 11:47:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm really pleased someone has come up with a non toxic tek as I didn't want to be messing around with naptha. Where is a good place to source d-limonene? I have found it in 10ml pots as incence and in bigger bottles as a cleaning agent. I am worried that the cleaning agent will have stuff added to it though.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 11/30/2009 11:54:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

read the labels, check the internet, even email the company... Say you are concerned with what might be added to limonene and you want to know exactly what might be in it appart from limo

or.. look on the internet.. If you are from USA, I think people were ordering from greenterpene .com, not 100% sure though.. or im sure you'll find other places, limonene is not suspicious to order... Or go to natural product stores and ask for essential orange oil.. Many times you can find food safe one in bigger pots.

good luck Smile

growit&smokeit
#7 Posted : 11/30/2009 12:04:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cool, thanks for the friendly advice.