We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Extracting cactus juice Options

GodsCreat0r
#1 Posted : 11/29/2009 7:54:40 PM

SWIM

Ok so this question regards to extracting cactus.

I was looking for the taffy extraction page but was not able to find it.

Ok so in the taffy extraction tek , it asks for only water and lime juice.
I wanted to know if i can do something else and still have it work or possibly be more efficient.

So I take the 1 foot cactus and put it threw a juicer , this would spit the pulp out and leave just the juice .
A juicer usually removes like 95 percent of the juice.

Once the cactus juice is extracted it would be evaporated down into a taffy.

Would this be a good way of doing it or would there still be a lot of mescaline in the pulp of the cactus ?

I could allways do a a/b extraction on the cactus pulp.

What do you guys think ?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 11/29/2009 7:56:16 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I was thinking what if you just put a whole fresh cactus in a juicer? And then you removed the pulp and just reduced the juice into a resin?

Or just drank the juice?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

soulfood
#3 Posted : 11/29/2009 9:31:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

You can read all about that here:

http://www.dmt-nexus.me/....aspx?g=posts&t=7362

GodsCreat0r
#4 Posted : 11/29/2009 9:46:08 PM

SWIM

Yes thankyou i read that already , but that tek is not what im reffering to at all, and i need answers to my questions specifically

soulfood
#5 Posted : 11/29/2009 9:54:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Pulping the cactus isn't necassary and will actually cause you more inconvenience. Just chop the cactus up so it can fit in the pan then slowly simmer it for a day or so.

GodsCreat0r
#6 Posted : 11/29/2009 10:23:52 PM

SWIM

Well thats still not what i was hopping to hear back but...

So im going to buy some cactus and do a experiment :

- I will start with 2 cactus

- I will take 1 cactus and put it threw a juicer machine to squeeze any juice that is in the cactus.

- I will then evaporate this juice to get a resin

-I will then take another cactus and put it in some 99c water add 1 lemon's juice and lightly boil for about 2-5 hour(maybe longer).

-I will then strain and filter the boiled cactus threw a cheesecloth.

-I will then evaporate the strained material and scrape it up.
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0
- It the end of these two i will do a final a/b extraction on both of these cactus pulps seperatly to see if i lost anything.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

My goal's :

-To see witch extraction yielded(a) the most and (b) the most potent
-To see i i lost any mescaline

Im going to assume by combining my two goals i might be able to determine the best way to extract cactus to get the best end prduct and anything let out.

Crystalito
#7 Posted : 11/30/2009 12:03:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If the cacti is fresh one could possibly benefit from freezing the speciment and thawing so as to rupture the cell structure ,thus releasing more.

While you are at it ,and you are in a mood for experimenting may i propose a small extra experimentation (heh for the ones that know me one can say im kinda proposing my experimental agenda Razz) ?

Mescaline in its hydrochloride salt is insoluble (and from what i hear other cacti alkaloids might be) in acetone.So i was thinking: If one is willing to go through an A/B with bases and non polar solvents -which for some can pose problems- why not try something else. You are going to make a tar/taffy eitherway.First of all while on the final evaporation add a small amount of HCl solution and mix to convert to HCl salts.Then try dissolving it in a minimum amount of anhydrous* acetone so that all gets dissolved, propably heat it up if the tar doesnt dissolve nicely and put it in the fridge overnight to see if anything precipitates.One could also try the freezer ,acetone will not freeze but this will drastically even more drop its solubility. If it doesnt work, well evaporate to dryness and proceed as planed. If it works, see where the precipitate gets you. In this case it would be more concentrated than the resin talked about here, of course not as pure as the one an experimenter will receive after multiple acetone washes and MEK recrystalisations but still : quite of an easy step forward.

For the time being i dont have the resources and time to experiment myself ,but i am throwing the idea on the table both for me to remember in the future and for any other who might want to give this a go.

*One can dry acetone with Epsom salts: cook them in oven to ensure they are anhydrous ,i think methods are described in the forum , and add in the sealed jar of acetone. This will ensure that the acetone used will not contain any water that could dissolve mescaline salts in it. Following this, the procedures would be best to be in sealed vessels and exposed to open air as little as possible so as not to draw any water in since acetone is hydroscopic.